Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: worst dunk contest participants ever ?

Quote Originally Posted by shallehalle
    I truly believe that Lebron could do a windmill form the FT line, between the legs is too hard, even James White has made it, but remember that he has been dunking from the FT line since HS. Lebron should have joined the contest when he was playing his last year with the Cavs, because he jumped REALLY high that season and did some sick dunks during warm ups. But now.. I also really mad that that kind of athlete has never joined the dunk contest..
    Exactly! He should do it before its to late... he is not getting any younger... cmon Bron!

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    lebron could tomahawk it with one hand from the free throw, but thats it.

between the legs? are you delusional? there is one person in history thats done it and its james white, who happens to be an olympic level high jumper and long jumper. lebron is neither, nor has he practiced either of those things like james white has.

you are a fool for thinking he could.
    No he isn't.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    So the dunks that will give Lebron all 50s i can guarantee you Lebron can do is:

1. Dunk from the FT line (50)
    2. Windmill from the FT line (50)
    3. Tomahawk from the FT line (50)
    4. Alleyoop from the FT line (50)
    5. Jump over somebody while doing an alleyoop (John Lucas? ) (50)
    6. Im sure he can think up of something else to...

Honorable mention:
    Between the legs from FT line? Can not guarantee... but not impossible... it gets more and more possible the closer he gets to the rim..... because a simple between the legs dunk for him is childsplay.....

Baring the competition? Who the **** could compete with that today? Tell me? Lebron will win the dunk contest............

and once again.... **** Lebron for not entering dunk contest
    Alley oop from FT line? If you want that to look good, then it's harder than between the legs from the FT line.

He could win, if he practiced, BUT..

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    No he isn't.
    James white high jump in "highschool" would have placed him eight in the summer olympics.....

Dude can almost grab the top of the backboard......

NBA Superstar

Yes... but rewatch it... he stepped way over the FT line and BARELLY got there... of all his dunks he did there he got the least points on that one....
    I'm totally splitting hairs on this one, but if you're talking about the NBA Dunk Contest, Vince did in fact jump from way in front of the line. It was a two-handed dunk. And he did receive a 50. His lowest score came on his second dunk of the night where Kenny Smith gave him a 9, resulting in the only non-50 of the night. I think the only reason he went with the two-hand 14'9'' finish is because he thought he was already done, as is detailed in the video below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asPQFUB1XMs

I'll say though, VC was dangerously close to LBJ in terms of in-game takeoffs. His flush against New York was closer, but not by much. I feel like we had a thread talking about this before? Samuel Dalembert also took off from the line.

How hard could it be? Alleyoop is just timing....... and Windmill is Lebrons easiest go to dunk.... Windmill is probably even more easier than Tomahawk for Lebron... lol..

Oh speaking of Alleyoops, how about Jumping OVER somebody while doing an alleyoop? Im sure Lebron can do that, if he could do it ingame... im sure he can do in dunkcontest... that should give a 50
    Even for a prime LeBron (it could be argued current Bron is prime Bron), I feel you are vastly overstating the simplicity with which these dunks could be completed. It sort of reminds me of a friend I had in high school who thought he'd solved boxing. Regarding an upcoming bout, we'd say, "Dude, you're going to get your face beat" to which he'd respond, "Then I'll just put my hands up here", covering his face. We'd laugh and say, "Dude, then he's just going to punch you in the stomach" and he countered with, "Then I'll just put my hands down there."

What I'm saying is, when you claim an alley-oop from the free throw line is "just timing", I feel you are at least slightly out of touch with how these things work. And I know you said lol when you claimed windmills are easier than tomahawks for LeBron but there was still that feeling that you were trivializing how difficult they can be to pull off, particularly from 15 feet away.

If you've ever dunked, you probably had a max distance you could flush from, right? For instance, I'm not sure I can say I ever took off from further than 10 feet away on a flush, if that. But just because we could take off from 10 feet away (or whatever it is), it doesn't mean any other dunks in our repertoire were thereby open to being completed from our max distance. Often, jumping from that far away is the trick, because it's hard to do. So to conclude that a person can jump from the free throw line and make it with room to spare, and he can also windmill off one foot, therefore he must then be able to surely windmill from the free throw line is not certain logic. It's surely not out of the realm of possibility, but it's not to be assumed.

Finally, and this is just personal opinion, but I've never been particularly fond of contest dunks where the trick is a player dunking over another human/prop because most of the time, if you take that prop away, the dunk would look terribly plain jane. It'd likely be a one or two hand dunk with a player's legs spread. Not that impressive. Less impressive are the moments when players (Nate Robinson) use that off-hand for a major boost over their prop or when a prop is leaning over (Desmond Mason over Rashard Lewis). It's never been that appealing to me. It seems to be more about the prop (hello Superman cape) than the dunk itself.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 02-18-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Banned

Paul George will win this shit.

but smh no even DeAndre

LeBron........ for not entering

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    It worse because it all fan voting now, which guarantees Iman Shumpert is gonna win (Linsanity).
    Shumpert is a good dunker.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Here is who we are talking about:

The guy who dunked further than ANYBODY in NBA history in an actual NBA game......... and while he dunked it there, he was still at rim level....

Now.... imagine what he can do with the freedom of dunkcontest, with freedom of not having 5 defenders around you?

SO...

Lebron can take of from FT line? CHECK
    Lebron can twist the ball around before dunking it from there? (windmill) Possibly.... CHECK
    Lebron can take of from the FT line and grab a ball and dunk it? (alleyoop) Possibly.... CHECK
    Lebron can take of from the FT line and **** the ball back and dunk it with two hands? (tomahawk) Possibly... CHECK

Lebron can take of from the FT line while taking it between the legs in air and then dunk it? MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE

His foot is over the line.

Banned

you guys are seriously underrating paul george...

vince carter style 360...but he goes between the LEGS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhYrl...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    His foot is over the line.

Bron can't free-throw dunk w/o cheating!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123

Goddamn, he won the contest already

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123

Fake. Can't even see his face.

Dunking on everybody in the park CardiacKemba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It's legit.

Shumpert and George both have insane hops, and probably have a few tricks up their sleeve. Williams can throw them down hard, have seen him do 360 in game pretty easily so he'll bring something to the contest. Not sure about/why Buddinger is there. He may have OK vertical or whatever, but his dunks look boring, and he is definitely not an entertaining showman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

its real bro trust me. it was during the summer and was posted via twitte