Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: worst dunk contest participants ever ?

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    I have no respect for Lebron if he never once in his life play in a dunk contest. it should definitely be Blake vs Lebron this year. Howard should play too. and also Kobe.
    after seeing Kobe miss an open dunk for the first time in his NBA career ... I say nah.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    I have no respect for Lebron if he never once in his life play in a dunk contest. it should definitely be Blake vs Lebron this year. Howard should play too. and also Kobe.
    Kobe?
    He didn't do anything special in the 1997 dunk contest.

Shumpert has crazy creative dunks

Paul Goerge is overrated and everyone will be like.. oh.. yeah.. that was ok, but nothing more..

Williams can do some cool dunks

Budinger.. ok.. either he has something special up his sleeve or NBA should apologize after putting him in the dunk contest, like Gerald Wallace

The NBA has officially given up on the dunk contest when they changed it to only 1 round and having the winner determined solely by the fans. They should just get rid of it completely or change it back to like it was. We already know that Lin is going to win the contest anyway because of fan voting.

After 2000 the DunkContest only went downhill with a rapid rate....

There is really nobody that can revive the dunk contest today unless Lebron, Dwight, Griffin, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Rose participate..... Kobe/Wade/Durant not greatest dunkers.... but who wouldnt want to see this competition? It would be very entertaining....

I mean, whats the point of throwing in some random dunker in there like.... Chase Buddinger... not like we gona see something creative from those guys anyways....
    Last edited by pauk; 02-18-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

There is really nobody that can revive the dunk contest today unless Lebron, Dwight, Griffin, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Rose participate..... Kobe/Wade/Durant not greatest dunkers.... but who wouldnt want to see this competition? It would be very entertaining....
    It wouldn't be entertaining at all ...

not the slightest.

great dunkers make the contest interesting, not the names at the back of the jersey.

im a superhero

I mean, whats the point of throwing in some random dunker in there like.... Chase Buddinger... not like we gona see something creative from those guys anyways....
    yeah, lets all just forget j-rich...

i think a lot of people are going to be surprised with this crop of players.
    shumpert can throw the thing down, and hes creative when it comes to dunk contest type stuff. plus he has a 42 inch vertical...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVhm_qHzE8k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keAT6K9VpS4

chase can get up. has a 40 inch vertical...
    george would be somewhere similar. plus he has a bit of dominique about him when he dunks.

derrick isn't quite the same leaper but he seems to have the best body control of the lot, so he might be able to pull off the most moves in the air for all we know.

i think it'll be good. not the best, but one of the better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
    It wouldn't be entertaining at all ...

not the slightest.

great dunkers make the contest interesting, not the names at the back of the jersey.
    I agree... but at this point there is really nobody but LEBRON who could do something creative and get a 50 out of it....... something we have never seen before in a NBA dunkcontest...

he could do windmills, alleyoops and maybe even between the legs ALL FROM THE FREETHROW LINE..... and who knows what more he can come up with aswell....

All these random dudes you throw in there nowadays will not do anything special......... you will see... been there done that......

Vince Carter killed it in 2000.... Jason Richardson did some nice things to after that... but thats about it.... everything after that was just horrible-non-creative-overrated-PROPS using dunks...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-18-2012 at 01:56 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I agree... but at this point there is really nobody but LEBRON who could do something creative and get a 50 out of it....... something we have never seen before in a NBA dunkcontest...

he could do windmills, alleyoops and maybe even between the legs ALL FROM THE FREETHROW LINE..... and who knows what more he can come up with aswell....

All these random dudes you throw in there nowadays will not do anything special......... you will see... been there done that...

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    excuse me?

Oh, really? So LeBron James is capable of all those things but refuses to join the dunk contest, knowing that another one of his dick riders truly believes he could revive the dunk contest?

Wow. What is LeBron waiting for then? He should enter RIGHT NOW! They'll make room for him!

Banned

All these random dudes you throw in there nowadays will not do anything special......... you will see... been there done that......

Vince Carter killed it in 2000.... Jason Richardson did some nice things to after that... but thats about it.... everything after that was just horrible-non-creative-overrated-PROPS using dunks...
    I don't think you're troll or anything, you're an ok guy ...

but if you keep saying stuff like that then i will have to put you on ignore.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

really a totally lame line-up! it's a pity that the good players/dunkers don't care about the dunk contest anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
    I don't think you're troll or anything, you're an ok guy ...

but if you keep saying stuff like that then i will have to put you on ignore.

Here is who we are talking about:

The guy who dunked further than ANYBODY in NBA history in an actual NBA game......... and while he dunked it there, he was still at rim level....

Now.... imagine what he can do with the freedom of dunkcontest, with freedom of not having 5 defenders around you?

SO...

Lebron can take of from FT line? CHECK
    Lebron can twist the ball around before dunking it from there? (windmill) Possibly.... CHECK
    Lebron can take of from the FT line and grab a ball and dunk it? (alleyoop) Possibly.... CHECK
    Lebron can take of from the FT line and **** the ball back and dunk it with two hands? (tomahawk) Possibly... CHECK

Lebron can take of from the FT line while taking it between the legs in air and then dunk it? MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE
    Last edited by pauk; 02-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.

...and yes.. im therefore pissed at Lebron for not entering the dunkcontest....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

But if he CAN, (and im sure he can with ease) why doesn't he?

Oh wait wait it was because at first, he thought Blake would be defending his contest title so he didn't want to make it a huge event where he'd get embarrassed in front of millions of fans. So right when Blake resorted to not defend his title this year, good ol LeBron comes out of nowhere and says he would consider it. Dude likes to take the easy way out, story of his life.