Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore jacobgoindum's Avatar

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlian vs. Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He outplayed Russell quite often. Team game don't give me that craap. It's not like wilt wasn't a winner either he proved he was later in his career when he became a team player
    NINE more rings
    not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4....not 8 but NINE

rings matter A LOT you smoking

Bollocks. Wilt is incredibly underrated these days. We can thank idiots like skip bayless for that.
    So what's the case ?

I don't listen to Bayless at all, but he doesn't have the best case to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobgoindum
    NINE more rings
    not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4....not 8 but NINE

rings matter A LOT you smoking
    So is Russell better than mj too?

Note: anyone about to freak out notice I didn't use the horry argument so please stfu

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    So what's the case ?

I don't listen to Bayless at all, but he doesn't have the best case to me.
    He dominated his era like few others in any sport from an individual standpoint he was a fantastic two-way player and he was capable of playing different roles I order to win. Iirc russell said wilt on the lakers played his role better than he ever had. High praise and Russell being as competitive as he is wouldn't just say that IMO.

Note: anyone about to freak out notice I didn't use the horry argument so please stfu
    I've seen Russell been considered the GOAT many times on people's lists.

In 1980 when they selected the 35th Anniversary team, Russell was voted the greatest player ever.

Sure, Jordan comes up a lot, but I can see why they pick Russell over MJ.

3-time NBA All-Star

Don't get too excited about his rebounding
    Wilt's Rebounding % from '71-'73 was 19.4
    Dwight Howard averages a 21.0 rebounding % in his career
    How many post-seasons did Howard grab over 40% of his team's rebounds, and as many as 47% of them.

How many rebounding titles did Howard win?

How many rebounding titles did Howard win by 5 rpg?

How many playoff series did Howard outrebound the second best rebounder in the league by 9 rpg?

How many games did Howard outrebound the second best rebounder in the league by a 55-19 margin?

I could go on, but Chamberlain was THE most dominant rebounder of all-time, AND, he ELEVATED his rebounding in the POST-SEASON.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jacobgoindum's Avatar

they didnt play in the same era
    and horry never made an all nba 1st team or 2nd team so save the nonsense

He dominated his era like few others in any sport from an individual standpoint he was a fantastic two-way player and he was capable of playing different roles I order to win. Iirc russell said wilt on the lakers played his role better than he ever had. High praise and Russell being as competitive as he is wouldn't just say that IMO.
    Fair points, noted.

He said he didn't use the arguement, dude.

He used Russell, who is one of the few to me has a case for GOAT.

Maybe I am underrating Wilt by saying he doesn't have the best case for GOAT, but IMO, he doesn't have the case over Jordan, Kareem, and call me out for it, Russell.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I've seen Russell been considered the GOAT many times on people's lists.

In 1980 when they selected the 35th Anniversary team, Russell was voted the greatest player ever.

Sure, Jordan comes up a lot, but I can see why they pick Russell over MJ.
    And yet we have H2H PLAYOFF series, virtually ALL of them, in which Russell was either outplayed, or downright POUNDED by Chamberlain. Furthermore, with FAR inferior rosters, and with those crappy players playing WORSE in the post-season, Chamberlain came within NINE points (margins of 2, 1, 4, and 2 points), in FOUR game SEVEN's, of holding a 5-3 TEAM edge over Russell's vaunted dynasty. And check out those "must-win" and "clinching games between the two. Russell held his own a couple, but Chamberlain generally dominated him.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

I've got no problem with someone ranking Chamberlain that highly. I guess I just think that he left a little too much on the table during his playing career for me to rank him over Kobe, who is guaranteed to always give you everything he's got.

I know it might seem a little ludicrous saying that Wilt Chamberlain, of all people, left too much on the table, but I honestly believe that he did. He's still the most dominant force in American sports history. But I'd rank Kobe higher on the GOAT list.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    I've got no problem with someone ranking Chamberlain that highly. I guess I just think that he left a little too much on the table during his playing career for me to rank him over Kobe, who is guaranteed to always give you everything he's got.

I know it might seem a little ludicrous saying that Wilt Chamberlain, of all people, left too much on the table, but I honestly believe that he did. He's still the most dominant force in American sports history. But I'd rank Kobe higher on the GOAT list.
    Read this...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250076

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen

You're either underrating wilt or overrating kobe. Or both. Let's not act like Kobe is some flawless playoff performer either not to mention wilt was a better defender.