Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: What is Gordon Hayward's ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by lakers87
    Hayward doesn't seem like the type who will shy away when the light gets brighter, but who knows, right?
    He stepped up in college. Prince stepped up as a rookie in the playoffs. He definitely was a big time player.

Against good teams, when Jefferson goes out their offense falls apart.
    A better pg will certainly help. Millsap is definitely better when they are running the offense through him and Hayward(and Tinsley) and not Jefferson and Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I'd rather them Trade Kanter then Jefferson. Jefferson is just to vital to their offense to give up at this point. Kanter doesn't look like he's going to develop into much as an offensive player. They really should wait at least one season before moving anyone though.
    I don't see a Marion comparison in any way. Marions biggest weakness was his passing, and his greatest strengths were Defense and rebounding. That is the complete opposite of Hayward.

I think you have to trade Jefferson, but Kanter is never going to be a great offensive player. Maybe you could turn him for Gortat and then sign Nash. Maybe that's a bit much, but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Offensively it doesn't matter in Utah. Defensively it would depend on match-ups.

He should be their PF or SF depending on where they can best take advantage of the mismatch like they've finally shown recently.

No reason they can't all play. Millsap is showing he can play the 3. Jefferson is the one that has to go. The sooner the better so they can start moving forward.

He might have already been offered to them? Jazz wanted Cousins supposedly when the whole Westphal thing happened. Who else would the Jazz want on that team other than maybe Jimmer?

I beg to differ. Sounds like he's been a perimeter player before this year. He's getting better and better in the post. Only thing he appears to be lacking down low is being able to explode to the rim. I like the Ruland comparison. If he's even close to him he's way to go to trade. Right now at minimum he looks like a dominating rebounder, a physical defensive presence, a nice shooting touch away from the basket with post moves and a willing screener.

He's pretty athletic. A smarter more well rounded less athletic AK is what I'm seeing of late.

Hayward is a leaper, so I don't get why people think he isn't athletic (yes I do).

But on Kanter...he was never a perimeter player. That's been the talk about him. He likes to run the lane, fill the lane, and he likes to play physical. He has no skill for a perimeter game. I think I heard he's a good passer, tho we've yet to see. But he's a guy who sets a lot of screens, a lot of picks. He's a great rebounder and a tough defender, tho he's not a great shot-blocker (at least not yet). To be honest, he looks more like a PF than he does a C and that's without considering his height and length. But he's far from a core player right now.

When I say Sacramento should want Favors, I mean to put alongside Cousins. They'd be stupid to trade Cousins. If they don't get the 1st pick, I'd be interested in even trading it for Derrick Favors.

And again, I strongly disagree on Millsap. He can play the 3, but he's not a 3. He needs to take advantage of his athleticism, his handles, and his style of play and play at the 3. If you put him at the 3 he's not going to be nearly as effective. And Hayward is better at the 3 than the 2. And Burks cannot be a starting or backup PG. He can run it for stretches, at most. That lineup would struggle.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I think you have to trade Jefferson, but Kanter is never going to be a great offensive player. Maybe you could turn him for Gortat and then sign Nash. Maybe that's a bit much, but possible.
    Can't see trading him. He's the youngest guy in the league and just going to get better. He could be a force at the offensive end. Already is at the other end and on the boards and is a willing screen setter which is a must in Utah. I'd trade Favors before him as things stand now.

He has no skill for a perimeter game.
    They said he was a perimeter player but they were force feeding him in the low post first before they let him go to the outside which they are starting to do recently and he has a nice touch like you'd expect from a European. Don't need another one dimensional Turk like they had in Okur.

, tho he's not a great shot-blocker
    Probably won't be.

(at least not yet). To be honest, he looks more like a PF than he does a C and that's without considering his height and length.
    He considers himself a PF. Again in the Jazz offense they're the same position. He's the guy that's going to be matched up against the biggest most physical player on the other team. He's like a brick wall.

But he's far from a core player right now.
    Right now I'd say only Millsap and Hayward are for certain. Hopefully they lock Paul up this of season. Kanter appears to have the skill set to thrive in Utah. Just a matter of time.

When I say Sacramento should want Favors, I mean to put alongside Cousins. They'd be stupid to trade Cousins. If they don't get the 1st pick, I'd be interested in even trading it for Derrick Favors.
    I assumed that's what you meant. Trading Cousins isn't necessarily stupid if you get talent back that's not a head case like he is. Unless the Jazz can get someone better than the 4 young guys they got which is questionable I don't know why they'd want to trade for the pick. Sounds like the pg's they should want they can get further down the draft. Favors is the guy I'd see trading right now of the 4 though. If they could get Wall or Rondo or someone of that caliber they'd certainly have to seriously consider it.

And again, I strongly disagree on Millsap. He can play the 3, but he's not a 3. He needs to take advantage of his athleticism, his handles, and his style of play and play at the 3. If you put him at the 3 he's not going to be nearly as effective.
    He's been out muscling guys at the 3 and causing all sorts of problems. You put him where you can take best advantage of the mismatch rather it's at the 3 or 4.

And Hayward is better at the 3 than the 2.
    Again it's pretty much the same position in Utah offensively. Comes down to defensive match-ups and physically he's probably better suited to the 2 right now til he fills out more. I could see him playing some 4 possibly in the future when he matures.

And Burks cannot be a starting or backup PG. He can run it for stretches, at most. That lineup would struggle.
    After Tinsley, Hayward is their best point so if you had him and Burks and Millsap in there with a scoring, non-traditional Jazz point guard like the guy from Weber State I could see it working. They all have multiple skills which is what you need in their offense. Burks and Hayward were both point guards before they grew but Burks certainly has a long ways to go just fitting his game into the Jazz system as a wing player before they worry about him playing any point.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-14-2012 at 07:32 AM.