Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo 1 point(0-7), Knicks win by 33

*brussard sitting in his house in his wifebeater n shorts chatting to SAS*

CHRIS: "hey stephen, im going to tweet *chuckle chuckle* knicks should offer melo,davis and shumpert *chuckle chuckle* for dwill , roflmao"

SAS: HA HA WHHATTT! i already got them dumping stat and ty for howard. i set the base standard, so knicks need to include more to sweeten the deal.

CHRIS:"also, heat 'allegedly' inquire about howard" *chuckle chuckle*

"Kevin Lov signs for 65..." im just picking this out of my ass

That just shows how good the Knicks can be if everyone is on the same page.

If Melo had his usual 20+ tonight Knicks might've won by like 40+.

Knicks lose by little to their opponents just because STAT and Melo contribute like 30-35 combined on some nights. Now, if they just have like 10 more points combined on those losses they wouldn't have been losses.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Ah.

I disagree. I could see us playing Shumpert at the two and sliding Fields over to the three. With D-Will running the pick and roll, those two would get a lot of wide open shots.

An elite PG like D-Will or Nash makes everyone on the team better. Melo hasn't demonstrated the ability to make anyone better. In fact, so far it's been just the opposite.
    This. I was actually just telling my boy this today, that the Knicks would be infinitely better with a lineup of

Chandler
    Amare
    Fields
    Shumpert
    D-Will

than presently constructed. You sure up your bench with some shooters, tell Fields his new first, middle, last, and nick name is defense, and you have yourself a title contender on the floor, not just on paper.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore dbronx42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk

Knicks lose by little to their opponents just because STAT and Melo contribute like 30-35 combined on some nights. Now, if they just have like 10 more points combined on those losses they wouldn't have been losses.
    Lol any team in the NBA can be that good on certain nights... You have absolutely no way of knowing if Carmelo had scored his usual 20+ that you would have even won the freaking game. He shot 7 times tonight. You really think it would be that way if he got his 20+? ....Ummmm no....

Carmelo is now shooting 39% this season... Certified chucker as a New York Knick. Then the 1 night they dominate Melo shoots 7 times.

But okay. That's almost worse than the Baron Davis argument from Knicks fans.

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk

No. They straight suck. Anyone can blow up against the Cats.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Which means absolutely nothing if we dont have a closer. Shumpert & Fields cant be relied on each night to split the load at the SG position on a team that only needs them to do 2 thing: Shoot the 3 & Defense. Both of their shots are off and Iman has no conscious with his shot selection.
    Which is why we need to get the ball out of Shump's hands. And not into Melo's, cause niether of them are good decision makers.

We essentially become the 2010 Utah Jazz minus any defensive impact.
    Shump and Fields are both good defenders, and if we had D-Will (or Nash) running point, they could save energy by not thinking. Shumpert, Fields, and Chandler playing D in the same line-up; we'd be fine. **** out of here with that "Jazz without D crap". It's not like Melo is a young Ron Artest.

We certainly cant be compared to any of those Phoenix teams under D'Antoni if thats what you're trying to hint at.
    So we could have a great point guard (maybe Nash himself) running a pick-and-roll heavy offense with Amar'e Stoudemire on a Mike D'Antoni coached team, but there wouldn't be any comparisons to the Phoenix Suns. You obviously live in a very special reality.

Melo has demonstrated the ability to carry a team throughout an entire game & season. Even if you added Deron or Nash to this team as it stands right now, we'll still rely heavily on Melo stepping up in order to win games considering there is absolutely nobody else on this team that is productive on offense.
    Yeah, Melo can carry a team to the first round and lose 6 years in a row before they add a PG who's biggest job is making sure Melo isn't the leader.

Nobody is productive on offense because the ball movement is crap because we have three pointguards with half a brain between them and Melo is a black hole. If you added D-Will or Nash, guys like Fields, Shumpert and Chandler would all have an easier time scoring points.

Are Deron/Nash & Amare supposed to contribute for 100 points combined?
    Melo and Amar'e are? What are you even talking about? The only argument you have is that we'd lose the "clutch" element that Melo birngs to last second shots. But you can't even make that coherently; I have to do it for you.

Its not Melo's fault that Amare is a 1 trick pony who is absolutely worthless unless hes on a team built around feeding him the ball. He's making $20 Million and he cant do anything on the fly, such as getting the ball and creating his own shot. He stands around and looks stupid simply because he has the basketball IQ of a Sweedish Fish.
    Amar'e sucks because he can't score unless his teammates give him the ball. Wow, what a revelation. Players need the ball to score. You should be a coach or something.

Yet, we need to add a PG specfically so we can make him our #1 option and run plays everytime down the court so he can contribute something?
    You're right, we should just let Melo bring the ball up court himself and set up an Iso for 23 seconds on every possession. Because that's worked out great so far. Iso's win championships.

It's simple: Amar'e came to the Knicks, and they got better. Melo came to the Knicks, and they got worse.

& Of all people we need to move our best player for a 37 year old Steve Nash to do it? How about No.
    D-Will's much younger.

Good High School Starter

This is the last time this will ever happen.

LOLcats aren't on our schedule anymore.

I cant believe Melo's now become self-conscious about his "shooting" due to the media pressure. He needs to look for his shot, he cant be worried about people calling him a "chucker" or "black hole". Hes our best scorer and we need him to score. Kobe's took the same approach and he doesnt give a ****. Melo needs to do the same.
    Actually, we have TNT game against the Bobcats in April...

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    What's to discuss? Did you even watch the game or did you just read the box score?

He wasn't looking to shoot early and since NY got a big lead he just never tried to score because it was never necessary. He still rebounded and had some great passes (while only getting 4 assists there were at least 4 great passes that lead to fouls).
    Yea, he meant to do it guys! sheesh!

Yall neegs are bugginnn.

Can't wait for them to **** up your teams.

Local High School Star

This is the last time this will ever happen.

LOLcats aren't on our schedule anymore.

I cant believe Melo's now become self-conscious about his "shooting" due to the media pressure. He needs to look for his shot, he cant be worried about people calling him a "chucker" or "black hole". Hes our best scorer and we need him to score. Kobe's took the same approach and he doesnt give a ****. Melo needs to do the same.
    The "LOLcats" beat this particular playoff caliber team at home buddy.

Pretty sure even with Melo iso-ing and taking a lot of shots, STAT won't suffer. Last year when Melo came with Billups, STAT was averaging 22 a game on solid percentages after the trade, and Melo was getting about 27 on solid percentages. Why? Cause they had a point guard who would share the shots between the players, someone to make the right decisions and run the team.

The problem this season hasn't been Melo shooting, it's been the lack of a decision maker on the floor, someone to say okay the PnR is working, lets keep running it STAT. Or all right the PnR isn't working that well anymore or we're getting too predictable, let's switch things up and go to Melo on the block.

Knicks have had no one to make the right decisions and distribute the wealth. This year you were asking the guy who takes his shots and is a shooter to actually run the offense. He can't do that though, he's never done that in his whole career, and will probably never be able to. Melo can make good decisions, and is an underrated passer, but when it comes to running the team, it's just not something he's built to do.

I guarantee when Baron Davis comes back, Melo will be getting anywhere from 12-20 shots a night. Stat will get anywhere from 12-20 shots a night, and they will not butt heads.
    Last edited by fubu05; 01-25-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Which is why we need to get the ball out of Shump's hands. And not into Melo's, cause niether of them are good decision makers.

Shump and Fields are both good defenders, and if we had D-Will (or Nash) running point, they could save energy by not thinking. Shumpert, Fields, and Chandler playing D in the same line-up; we'd be fine. **** out of here with that "Jazz without D crap". It's not like Melo is a young Ron Artest.

So we could have a great point guard (maybe Nash himself) running a pick-and-roll heavy offense with Amar'e Stoudemire on a Mike D'Antoni coached team, but there wouldn't be any comparisons to the Phoenix Suns. You obviously live in a very special reality.

Yeah, Melo can carry a team to the first round and lose 6 years in a row before they add a PG who's biggest job is making sure Melo isn't the leader.

Nobody is productive on offense because the ball movement is crap because we have three pointguards with half a brain between them and Melo is a black hole. If you added D-Will or Nash, guys like Fields, Shumpert and Chandler would all have an easier time scoring points.

Melo and Amar'e are? What are you even talking about? The only argument you have is that we'd lose the "clutch" element that Melo birngs to last second shots. But you can't even make that coherently; I have to do it for you.

Amar'e sucks because he can't score unless his teammates give him the ball. Wow, what a revelation. Players need the ball to score. You should be a coach or something.

You're right, we should just let Melo bring the ball up court himself and set up an Iso for 23 seconds on every possession. Because that's worked out great so far. Iso's win championships.

It's simple: Amar'e came to the Knicks, and they got better. Melo came to the Knicks, and they got worse.

D-Will's much younger.

I'm sure NYK fans would gladly have Melodramatic average 1 PPG if it means blowing teams out by 30+...

And I wouldn't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    This. I was actually just telling my boy this today, that the Knicks would be infinitely better with a lineup of

Chandler
    Amare
    Fields
    Shumpert
    D-Will

than presently constructed. You sure up your bench with some shooters, tell Fields his new first, middle, last, and nick name is defense, and you have yourself a title contender on the floor, not just on paper.
    Melo/Howard sh*ts on D-Will/Amare

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I'm sure NYK fans would gladly have Melodramatic average 1 PPG if it means blowing teams out by 30+...

And I wouldn't blame them.
    1 ppg, 10 rpg, 5 apg, solid defense