Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Could anyone else in NBA history do what LeBron did in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Look, I respect Cavs fans (the ones on this board at least, as they're the only ones I know) but you've said some ridiculous crap in the past. You're hardly in a position to be judging what's bull and what isn't.

What have I said that is ridiculous? The only thing I ever do here that could possibly get under peoples skin is defend the Cavs. My point is people make moronic threads like this and 2-3 years ago, they were praising the Cavs front office for making trades to get Mo, Shaq, Jamison and others.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    What have I said that is ridiculous? The only thing I ever do here that could possibly get under peoples skin is defend the Cavs. My point is people make moronic threads like this and 2-3 years ago, they were praising the Cavs front office for making trades to get Mo, Shaq, Jamison and others.
    Right, just like how you're hating on LeBron James now and underplaying what he did for your shitty franchise when 2-3 years ago you were slobbering all over his c0ck.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Right, just like how you're hating on LeBron James now and underplaying what he did for your shitty franchise when 2-3 years ago you were slobbering all over his c0ck.

lol, I never say LBJ is horrible or anything, I always say how great a player he is. The thing you guys hate is when I say he is doing nothing different now than he did for us then. I mean nothing different at all so don't get excited.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Why do people insist on underrating LeBron's supporting cast in Cleveland? He was not playing with a bunch of scrubs. His teams from 2007-2010 were very solid teams. Would have been 4th or 5th seed without him. LeBron QUIT on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Why do people insist on underrating LeBron's supporting cast in Cleveland? He was not playing with a bunch of scrubs. His teams from 2007-2010 were very solid teams. Would have been 4th or 5th seed without him. LeBron QUIT on them.
    This is just nonsense. Mo Williams, Big Z, and Varejao is a 4th or 5th seed?

They'd probably be a lottery team without LeBron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Thank you. And I'm not even saying LeBron quit. I absolutely will always feel something wasn't right about that 2010 Boston series but I refuse to believe a man did not want to win a championship, for his home team no less. But, we did have solid teams, especially in 2009 and 2010. If LeBron was God and everyone else was trash, he would had carried all of the Cavs teams to the best record every single year. I will be the first to admit that other than Larry Hughes (who was supposed to be the next big scoring shooting guard) our 07 was pretty much scrubs. But after that, we were adding proven talent that made a difference and people on this board thought we were a lock to win it. Thank God we can all search to prove that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    I am talking about Dirks supporting cast last year compared to Lebron's supporting cast in Cleveland in 2007...

Obviously this thread isnt about Lebron's cast in Miami
    Honestly before the playoffs did ANYONE except hardcore Mavs fans give the Mavs a chance? Just look again at that Mavs roster and tell me you actually thought they were 'stacked' or a force to be reckoned with prior to the postseason.

kevin garnett
    allen iverson
    hakeem

and like 10 other dudes probably could

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

are you gonna compare Dirk's supporting cast and coaching staff to Lebron's?

I don't see how the 11 Mavs are all that much better than the 09 or 10 Cavs....

And when you factor in the level of competition....its probably dead even.

Portland, Lakers, Thunder, and Heat....the Lebron led Cavs never had to go through anything like that. Not even close.

Its not that Lebron had enough help...he didn't. Its just that what the Mavs did last year was far more remarkable than what people are giving them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    Honestly before the playoffs did ANYONE except hardcore Mavs fans give the Mavs a chance? Just look again at that Mavs roster and tell me you actually thought they were 'stacked' or a force to be reckoned with prior to the postseason.
    I didnt excpect them to go all the way to the Finals and win agaisnt the Heat but if you told me to compare the 2 casts:

Give me Jason Kidd, Jet Terry, Stevenson, Marion, Chandler, Barrea, Stojakovic, Haywood

over

Ilgauskas, Gibson, Snow, Varejao, Hughes, Gooden and Damon Jones

There's no way Nowitzki would have led that Cavs team to the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Yeah. On the bright side though you guys recovered quick as hell. You're already on pace again to make the playoffs, after just one down year. We're not going to make the playoffs this decade with the way things are going.
    I hope not. I'd like us to get one good player in this draft then be good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    kevin garnett
    allen iverson
    hakeem

and like 10 other dudes probably could
    Nope, incorrect.

Banned

I didnt excpect them to go all the way to the Finals and win agaisnt the Heat but if you told me to compare the 2 casts:

Give me Jason Kidd, Jet Terry, Stevenson, Marion, Chandler, Barrea, Stojakovic, Haywood

over

Ilgauskas, Gibson, Snow, Varejao, Hughes, Gooden and Damon Jones

There's no way Nowitzki would have led that Cavs team to the Finals
    Dirk easily could have done it in the putrid East that season. The cavs beat one good team, the Pistons and they weren't even that good by that point.

Now, Dirk-Big Z-Varejao-West-Mo Williams-Jamison would have been the sickest team though. Incredible defense + Dirk would make all those guys click on offense. That team could win 2-3 rings easy cumming out of the East.

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    Dirk easily could have done it in the putrid East that season. The cavs beat one good team, the Pistons and they weren't even that good by that point.

Now, Dirk-Big Z-Varejao-West-Mo Williams-Jamison would have been the sickest team though. Incredible defense + Dirk would make all those guys click on offense. That team could win 2-3 rings easy cumming out of the East.
    A starting lineup of: Dirk, Jamison, Mo Williams, West, Jamario Moon is far from being "incredible" defensively. Tha frontcourt would get killed