Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: LeBron James SWAGS on the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    What did he do there that was so wrong? I don't know why you guys have such a problem with him...see his comments about Kobe after the game, he's as big a Kobe fanboy as you are...move along.
    it can be viewed as a little unsportsmanlike to give up on an offensive play (ie, no desire to box out, treat eveyr shot like a miss,etc) just because your teammate is shooting the ball.

you wouldnt want everyone on your team to not try to rebound if someone shoots a 3 pointer would you? i dont really care that much though, but i appreciate fishers defensive efforts to guard the camera man instead of chalmers or whoever that is. well ****ing done

You can't beat ISH mods.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    He passed to a wide open chalmers, called the 3 while he was walking back to play defense. I think people just love to hate LeBron.
    lol .. he was walking away from a play that wasn't over

minor point .. it was Battier .. but anyways .. not hating at all .. I'm criticizing the play itself .. you turn away from a play that's not over .. what if it had clanked and bounced right in his direction, giving him a chance to get the offensive rebound and another possession ? .. it was a dumb thing to do as 'cool' as it may have looked

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    it can be viewed as a little unsportsmanlike to give up on an offensive play (ie, no desire to box out, treat eveyr shot like a miss,etc) just because your teammate is shooting the ball.

you wouldnt want everyone on your team to not try to rebound if someone shoots a 3 pointer would you? i dont really care that much though, but i appreciate fishers defensive efforts to guard the camera man instead of chalmers or whoever that is. well ****ing done
    usually the person at the top of the key doesnt go for rebounds to prevent fast breaks, but ok.

i mean if the tables were turned and it was lebron who hit the three and chalmers who did what lebron did, this thread wouldn't have been made and chalmers wouldnt be viewed as a douche/unsportsman.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

I could be wrong, but didn't the shot clock expire right after the shot? if so, one could argue he was getting back on defense.

Banned

usually the person at the top of the key doesnt go for rebounds to prevent fast breaks, but ok.

i mean if the tables were turned and it was lebron who hit the three and chalmers who did what lebron did, this thread wouldn't have been made and chalmers wouldnt be viewed as a douche/unsportsman.
    even if they dont go for rebounds or box out, they still stick around because long shots usually generate long rebounds.... you'll never see people frequently run to halfcourt from the top of the key after a shot goes up, if ever.

well thats the thing with being a superstar and thus a role model for children and such. if fisher says ****** it doesnt matter but if kobe does he gets fined for 500k. obvious stuff, not fair, but it is how it be.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    lol .. he was walking away from a play that wasn't over

minor point .. it was Battier .. but anyways .. not hating at all .. I'm criticizing the play itself .. you turn away from a play that's not over .. what if it had clanked and bounced right in his direction, giving him a chance to get the offensive rebound and another possession ? .. it was a dumb thing to do as 'cool' as it may have looked
    if that specific situation happend then yes it would have been slightly dumb. what are the chances it bounces in his direction from the corner pocket? think about it. you either hit the far side of the rim from that corner or close side, chances are neither situations bounce to the top of the key. given these guys are a lot more accurate shooters than most.

what if he stayed, the ball bounced to a laker who passed to another laker that was on the fast break and lebron wasnt headed back to play defense and instead stayed for the slight chances of getting a rebound?
    Last edited by NBAller; 01-20-2012 at 01:42 AM.

People actually trying to argue against this swag?

Ya'll look like fools mang.

"looks cool" or not it really wasnt a big deal even in the context of this one game.

My god I can't even imagine what Lebron has to go through every season in Miami. Last year i remember sportscenter opening with "bumpgate"

This Kobe pass >>>>>>> than that Lebron pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6TBW...abALTxZkSgABAA

Quote Originally Posted by jstern

There was nothing special about that. He didn't predict his teammate was going to make it and do anything. He just did what any player would do.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jstern

This Scalabrine pass >>>>>>>>>>> than that Kobe pass.
    Talk about SWAG, see the way he walks afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxNurRAbnQ

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    This Scalabrine pass >>>>>>>>>>> than that Kobe pass.
    Talk about SWAG, see the way he walks afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxNurRAbnQ
    lmao

scal > jordan

Banned

if that specific situation happend then yes it would have been slightly dumb. what are the chances it bounces in his direction from the corner pocket? think about it. you either hit the far side of the rim from that corner or close side, chances are neither situations bounce to the top of the key. given these guys are a lot more accurate shooters than most.

what if he stayed, the ball bounced to a laker who passed to another laker that was on the fast break and lebron wasnt headed back to play defense and instead stayed for the slight chances of getting a rebound?
    so what happens on uhh every other basketball play ever where the guy at the top of the key doesnt run back when the shot goes up?

you make a point with the second paragraph .. you can argue he was getting himself back on defense .. but guess what ? he wasn't EVEN DOING THAT .. the guy was walking back looking away from everyone .. someone could've ran right by him while someone made a quick outlet pass from the inbound or miss ..

or what if battier misses and there's a scrap for the ball and it rolls to him(if he stays in the play) .. anything can happen .. momentarily took himself out of a play while the play wasn't over yet .. loss of focus .. I don't get why people defend lackadaisical, unfundamental bball .. but hey with his production I guess he can get away with doing that once in a while .. just don't make a habit out of it would ya