Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Did Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer flourish because of Jerry Sloan?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Yes, They were both a product of the Sloan System.
    LOL. Random bump.

Default Re: Did Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer flourish because of Jerry Sloan?

Deron's main problem to me is the injuries. At his best, dude was arguably the top PG in the world. It was a debate between him and CP3 at one point. Sloan's system loved the pick and roll or pick and pop with a PG and PF. Thus Stockton and Malone was VIRTUALLY UNSTOPPABLE. Every possible option in the play they were great at. So while D Will-Booz wasn't on their level as a tandem, they were still doing well in that system.

I say if it wasn't for the injury bug that D-Will would still be a top five PG in the world. He was athletic and hella strong, had alpha dog level abilities, and was more pass first than the new breed of PG. Now he's still a 16 point 7 assist PG. But he should be in that 20 points-9-10 assists area. The injuries are the big problem with him

When it comes to Boozer, I think that system did more to enhance his game. Williams at one time was a top 10-15 player in basketball. Boozer was never on that level. Not saying Boozer was a system player strictly, but I think him being out of Sloan's system did more harm to him than it ever did D-Will.