Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Discuss Kobe Bryant/Lakers performance in the last two games

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Last season was really the only season he didn't exert that much energy in the regular season. In the '09-'10 season he was killing it before he got hurt and he was the front-runner for MVP by the majority too. In the '08-'09 season he was consistently dominant night in and night out in the regular season and in the post-season. Last season was really the only season he didn't try to consistently dominate night in and night out.

I think the player you might be thinking of is Dwyane Wade.
    Nah. Kobe has paced himself for the past 3 seasons now. I'm not saying he completely took the regular season off, but he was clearly more aggressive and generally got into the paint more once the postseason started. What really excites me about this year is that Kobe is once again facilitating. He hasn't done that consistently for 2 or 3 years now. I know his assists numbers have stayed high, but Kobe's actually creating shots for others again and I love it.

7-time NBA All-Star

Missed the game vs Phoenix so I downloaded it and watched it. Impressive without a doubt, and interesting. Mostly mid-range and close jumpers, and an incredible amount of craftiness to get to those spots and especially how he drew fouls. He attempted what? 11 or 12 free throws? But none of them were on drives to the basket. He got fouled on a 3, hit a couple of technicals, got fouled on 3 more mid-range jumpers(2 were and 1s, iirc) and got fouled on a non shooting foul in the penalty. Most of that was because of his use of fakes, there's nobody better at it. And while his long range shooting is still off, he's adjusted really well by being able to get closer. A lot of the shots he made were in the flow of the offense as well, though he did start forcing quite a few in the second half, but because he was so hot early, that can be excused.

I didn't watch the Utah game because I don't have league pass, is that one worth watching? How does it compare to the Phoenix performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I didn't watch the Utah game because I don't have league pass, is that one worth watching? How does it compare to the Phoenix performance.
    Here's a cut of all of his FGs http://youtu.be/TRwPPTA-MjU

He played well for most of the game as Gasol and Bynum couldn't get it going inside, really carried the offense well. Looked gassed towards the end though and wasn't converting well in the 4th/OT, but he still hit a couple big shots. His midrange looks great right now.

owwwww

Next opponent: Cavs at home

Kobe loves these scoring streaks. 3 in a row?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaYVo89mmY

This should be a free win against the cavs

So how many points he'll score next game? 30? 40?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    We are in a Kobe thread jackass. So if we are going to pile adulation upon him for his game last night we should mention that he was pretty terrible in the last 5:30...

You really are terrible.
    LOL except that ur to stupid to realize that Kobe hit a shot with 30 seconds left that would have been the game winner if they got a stop and ur to stupid to realize if Kobe's teammates would have played semi decent then they would be in that situation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    LOL except that ur to stupid to realize that Kobe hit a shot with 30 seconds left that would have been the game winner if they got a stop and ur to stupid to realize if Kobe's teammates would have played semi decent then they would be in that situation in the first place.
    So, the last shot he hit would have been the game winner if nobody scored from that point on? Way to put things into perspective.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

The trolls in this thread...smh.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    This should be a free win against the cavs

No game is a given in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    No game is a given in this league.
    I agree.....you have to show up expecting a real battle......or risk an embarrassing loss.

When is he going to start hitting his 3's? That's the only thing missing from his game right now...otherwise, he looks as good as he did in 2007.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    When is he going to start hitting his 3's? That's the only thing missing from his game right now...otherwise, he looks as good as he did in 2007.
    Well considering Kobe hasn't been able to hit his threes for 2 or 3 years now I'd say that's not going to happen. It's just been a downward spiral since those finger injuries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Well considering Kobe hasn't been able to hit his threes for 2 or 3 years now I'd say that's not going to happen. It's just been a downward spiral since those finger injuries.
    Pretty much. The last 2 seasons he's shot just 32% from 3 which can be attributed to his finger issues. He should just work the mid range game more. But the 3 ball has been a big part of Kobe's game now for almost 9-10 years. We can't just expect him to change the way he plays quickly especially since he's been so successful with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    So, the last shot he hit would have been the game winner if nobody scored from that point on? Way to put things into perspective.
    It's not that hard to get a stop...Plus my main point is that it's ridiculous to criticize a player for missing a game winner when 20 seconds before, they hit what could and should have been a game winning field goal.