Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Steal of the draft? (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkrage
    In limited minutes, Jimmy Butler
    Agree. Don't know if he was a steal of the league since he's played for such a limited time, but from what I've seen, he was definitely a steal for the Bulls. Great work-ethic, has the strong belief in good defense, and has a good head on his shoulders. Damn shame Thibs don't put him in to replace Deng more, he's shown that he wants to play. And seems to be confident in his ability while being a rookie.
    Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 01-09-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Default Re: Who's your steal of the draft? (so far)

Jon Leuer, Iman Shumpert, Norris Cole, Jorts and Marshon Brooks are all bigger steals.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    If Nick Young's a star then sure, maybe
    Brooks is, in his small sample size, more efficient than Nick Young. He also flashes good defensive potential. Once Brook Lopez returns, I actually expect his scoring to pick up even more, as it will be difficult to key on Marshon as much as teams do now.

I like Morris, Faried, Brooks, Leuer, and Shumpert. The end of the 1st round and early 2nd has produced some gems thus far, though Morris was a lottery pick. Bojan Bogdanovic and Mirotic look like they will cause problems when they jump to The NBA.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I thought this was supposed to be a bad draft? Seems like there a lot of guys producing right away.
    Do a lot of teams have bench players that signed in Europe or China during the lockout? Maybe some of these draftees are getting minutes they otherwise wouldn't?

Don't know if it's the case, only hypothesizing.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Chandler Parsons has really surprised me. He's already moved into the starting lineup, even though he was the 38th pick. I know Morris was put in the dleague, but he's a monster down there, and will definitely contribute soon. Motiejunas has been pretty good so far in Europe, we have high hopes for him. Rockets had a good draft, again. Unfortunately, too many role players. Rockets suck lol

Quote Originally Posted by paintingshade
    Chandler Parsons has really surprised me. He's already moved into the starting lineup, even though he was the 38th pick.
    Morey loves his high IQ ballplayers.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Brooks seems like hes got some moves and with determination might end being the franchise there after D-will leaves.

^ Always thought Chandler Parsons would be good...

I just checked to make sure Steimsma wasn't a rookie cuz no one mentioned him. Morris is definitely up there though.

Not sure what to think of Markieff, by all accounts he's a beast inside, a good defender and a tenacious rebounder but his ability to step out on the perimeter and knock down 3's is almost unfair. He should have a lot of success in the NBA with his inside/outside game.

Dunking on everybody in the park CardiacKemba's Avatar

Shumpert, Faried (even though he's had very little game time so far), and Cole.

Also just a thought, say Norris Cole was drafted onto a team like say, Cleveland and could step into a starting PG spot with no real stud players around him, do you think he could be putting up somethig like 19 and 9? Or do you think he would score less because the defensive pressure would be on him instead of surrounding lebron/wade/bosh?

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    Markieff with another great game.

13 / 10 / 3 / 2 blks 0 t/o

3/4 from downtown

This guy is a double-double machine with a deft outside shooting touch. Get the Suns a dominant shooting guard/small forward combo and that team will be scary. Gortat+Morris+???????=profit.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacKemba
    Shumpert, Faried (even though he's had very little game time so far), and Cole.

Also just a thought, say Norris Cole was drafted onto a team like say, Cleveland and could step into a starting PG spot with no real stud players around him, do you think he could be putting up somethig like 19 and 9? Or do you think he would score less because the defensive pressure would be on him instead of surrounding lebron/wade/bosh?
    Ive watched every Heat game. He's a combo guard who looks to score first and is lightning quick with finishing ability around the basket. Hes got a good spot up jumper to boot. Hes very polished in general (conditioning, mentally, defense, etc.).

Cole would be putting up similar numbers on a scrub team as well, if not better. In Miami he's perfect off the bench as a scoring punch as well as intensity and surprising poise.

NBA rookie of the year

Cole easily.

Norris Cole so far, but Reggie Jackson showed a lot of promise last night.