Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Better overall team: Clippers or Knicks?

Better overall team: Clippers or Knicks?

Default Re: Better overall team: Clippers or Knicks?

I honestly like the Knicks better. I just think they are really well balanced with talent and solid role players. I think the lack of Clipper depth may catch up to them.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    I honestly like the Knicks better. I just think they are really well balanced with talent and solid role players. I think the lack of Clipper depth may catch up to them.
    Clippers have a lot more depth than the Knicks. Randy Foye and Mo Williams are starters on some teams. Knicks don't have a single bench player that would be an NBA level starter.

I think Clippers have a slight edge. Less holes in starting 5.. and a little extra depth. In terms of how successful they will be.. I think it will be similar.

Chris Paul
    Chauncey Billups
    Caron Butler
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndre Jordan

Key reserves: Mo Williams, Randy Foye, Trey Thompkins, Reggie Evans

VS

Baron Davis
    Landry Fields
    Carmelo Anthony
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tyson Chandler

Key reserves: Tony Douglas, Mike Bibby, Iman Shumpert, Jared Jeffries
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 12-23-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Cali Love

The Knicks.

Amare & Chandler>>Blake&Jordan
    Melo and CP3 cancel eachother out imo.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    The Knicks.

Amare & Chandler>>Blake&Jordan
    Melo and CP3 cancel eachother out imo.
    Woah.. you think Melo= CP3? I think Amare+Chandler is equal to Griffin+Jordan, not better. These PF/C combos are as close as it gets. Neither have a clear edge IMO. Although I think Griffin is going to explode this year and become the best PF in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Clippers have a lot more depth than the Knicks. Randy Foye and Mo Williams are starters on some teams. Knicks don't have a single bench player that would be an NBA level starter.

I think Clippers have a slight edge. Less holes in starting 5.. and a little extra depth. In terms of how successful they will be.. I think it will be similar.
    I just think the Knicks are going to gel very nicely. I like the way Melo and Amare played together last year in the short time they had together. Now Amare can slide over and play his natural position and Chanlder can be the big. Melo is arguably the best scorer in the NBA. I don't know it's just my opinion.

But, don't get me wrong. I'm very excited to see this years Clippers play. CP3 is my second favorite player and I love the move he made to LA. I think CP3 brings to the Clips exactly what they needed and exactly what Blake Griffin needed to make that next huge step in his game. They are going to be scary this year and awesome to watch.

Pretty even, but Clippers have more dept.

But the Knicks players are more proven. Jordan have not done anything for people to view him as the same defensive power as Chandler (even if I think he is overrated)

Woah.. you think Melo= CP3? I think Amare+Chandler is equal to Griffin+Jordan, not better. These PF/C combos are as close as it gets. Neither have a clear edge IMO. Although I think Griffin is going to explode this year and become the best PF in the game.
    I agree. Blake Griffins is going to put up the same numbers Amare does. Amare just has a great jump shot that may give him a little edge over Blake at this point in his career. Then Tyson and Jordan are basically the same guy. Athletically talented 7 footers who are good defensively and catch the oop and know how to finish around the bucket. Definitely equal here.

I think it's pretty much a wash.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Biased Troll

Its the Clippers.

The best two players (cp3 and griffin) are on the clips. Amare and melo are redundant. Baron shoots bricks. Chandler is nice but the mavs helped him by playing good team defense too, which nyk wont do.

Clippers are smarter and more complete, more athletic. I gaurantee theyll stomp the Knicks. They already outplayed the Lakers twice. Preseason or not, both teams were playin hard and the Clips looked better. Theyre def better than the knix

Cali Love

Yeah pretty much. They both have their pro's and cons. I don't think CP3 is THAT much better then Melo. Melo still is arguably the best scorer & the most clutch player (along Dirk and Kobe) in the L.

And Chandler&Amare>Griffin&Jordan. Amare has the edge on Griffin and Chandler is just a better player then Jordan.

One reason I consider it a wash is because Clippers have a ton of injury prone players and haven't had the same amount of time to build chemistry. If we are talking about on paper though... both squads fully healthy... gotta be Clips.

I think both teams will tear up the league this year.

This would be an exciting finals match up

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Yeah pretty much. They both have their pro's and cons. I don't think CP3 is THAT much better then Melo. Melo still is arguably the best scorer & the most clutch player (along Dirk and Kobe) in the L.

And Chandler&Amare>Griffin&Jordan. Amare has the edge on Griffin and Chandler is just a better player then Jordan.
    Guess who's right behind Melo the last 5 years in crunch time stats? Like literally right on his as*? CHRIS PAUL. Melo doesn't have a discernible edge when it comes to clutch. In fact the Hornets have been the top crunch time performing team for 5 years, Chris Paul's entire career.

I think CP3 is significantly better than Melo. I'm not being bias either guys... I ranked CP3 the 4th best player like 3 months ago when ESPN made that big list and we all predicted the top 5 slots. Melo is nowhere near top 5.