Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Why isn't Dwight interested in the Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    "Chi got beat down 4-1." I am referring to the Bulls losing 4 of 5 postseason meetings, not an individual game.
    We lost the series 4-1. Not one game was a blowout.

I don't know why Dwight isn't interested in the Bulls, but I also don't care. The guy is overrated on offence and we really need someone who can create their own shot. I personally think we should be looking at getting someone like OJ Mayo. Noah is no scrub at center either.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Because I think he would rather beat those guys than team up with them, like a true competitor
    Well, the organization wants those guys. They need those guys. The team would be better. Kudos to him if he thinks he can do it by himself but.....he can't.

Maybe his people don't think Chi has the assets for Orlando to take the deal seriously. If they aren't going to offer up Rose (and they won't) who do they have to base the deal on? Boozer is undesirable, Noah is a good role player but no franchise guy, ditto Deng. And after them, who are we talking about?

Brook Lopez and picks would be a bad deal but Chi isn't going to do much better, if at all. I can see why Orlando isn't trying to trade him, the offers are all weak right now and Howard is saying he's willing to resign. They should be just as focused on making Howard happy in Orlando as dealing him because their roster is awful without him regardless so who cares if it's "ruined" by making deals in the effort to keep him?
    Oh but his people think New Jersey has the assets??!!! Make some more sense than that man.

Noah is no more or no less a franchise guy than Brook Lopez, a 7ft'er who can't even grab 7 boards a game. Not to mention, Noah isn't on a bad contract.

He's 25 or 26 and have you seen the deals Nene and Chandler got??? these guys are entering into their 30's after this season and are getting paid more than Noah. Everyone talks about Tyson Chandler's defense but Noah is just as effective, as evidenced by making the 2nd team Defensive squad despite missing over 30 games.

And to answer another one of your questions...

Deng's contract may be undesirable, however he wouldn't need to be a part of the deal if the Magic didn't want him.

Asik is a young legit 7'1 center coming off an impressive rookie season where he showed his potential as a defensive stopper around the rim. Taj Gibson is also a great player to have on a team rebuilding or not rebuilding. Still on a rookie contract, this is a guy who can start on most teams. Look at his stats last year when Boozer was out. He is a major reason the Bulls still had 62 wins last year despite the 50-60 games missed by Booz and Noah combined.

Pair any of those guys with Brewer, Bogans, Korver, and Watson, and you have 4 expiring contracts equaling over 10 mil. Throw in a few future 1st's from Chicago plus the Bobcats future pick the Bulls hold and we're talking about a deal that has plenty of money coming off the books, plus a few young inexpensive but very valuable role players with potential to be more than that, and a replacement for Dwight in Noah, which is the best center you can get your hands on to replace Howard, yes, better than Bynum and Lopez.

The Bulls aren't even on his radar because Noah can't be moved until January 15th because of when he signed his extension. Plus the Bulls org. isn't stupid enough to dangle over half their roster for a guy who doesn't have them on his "list". The Kobe saga of 2007 ruined an upcoming Bulls squad, and now in 2011-12, the Bulls have the best roster they have had since MJ and they can't let it be ruined by another superstar who wants out of his current situation, who can't guarantee where he's going or if he'll sign an extension.

And all that about Orlando keeping Dwight.... PIPEDREAM. He is saving face and awkwardness by saying he wants to stay in Orlando. Im not saying he doesn't have genuine feelings for Orlando but he is done with the organization much like Lebron and the Cavs.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Oh but his people think New Jersey has the assets??!!! Make some more sense than that man.
    Either you did not read the second paragraph of the post you quoted or you didn't understand it. On this basis I refuse to accede to your thoughtless request.

There isn't anyone in that package that I'd be sold on as a franchise cornerstone.
    Seriously, you're not getting Dwight Howard for that.

The Bulls aren't even on his radar because Noah can't be moved until January 15th because of when he signed his extension.
    Yeah thats it. Dwight knows Noah cant be dealt until Jan 15 so Chicago isnt on Dwights radar. Makes sense. I swear some (not all) Bulls fans are comedians. Overrating the hell out of this "value" you think you have.

Sixers need a Center. And I'm sorry but Asik doesnt move me none. If he was the Sixers Center I'd still say "We need a center". Stop acting like he's some diamond in the rough, this rose that grew thru concrete.

Hows finding that SG working out for them tho?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

Yeah thats it. Dwight knows Noah cant be dealt until Jan 15 so Chicago isnt on Dwights radar. Makes sense. I swear some (not all) Bulls fans are comedians. Overrating the hell out of this "value" you think you have.

Sixers need a Center. And I'm sorry but Asik doesnt move me none. If he was the Sixers Center I'd still say "We need a center". Stop acting like he's some diamond in the rough, this rose that grew thru concrete.

So far nothing has been done. Most likely enter the season, get to the playoffs and "oh no" we forgot to get another shooting guard........again!

Former Bulls Fan.

Noah for Iggy?

3-time NBA All-Star

because no one wants to play with a score first pg. They are cancerous to a team. And howard knows that no team has won yet with those kind of pgs.

Your ass must be sore from riding that high horse. But this is you being your duechey self as always.

What point you're missing here, is the Bulls have yet to offer a trade package because Noah would be in any and every deal sent to the Magic for Dwight. Of course Dwight doesn't have us on his list if he thinks that we don't want him or, at least that we value our players and core enough to not go after him with everything we got.

**** what anyone says, if the Magic were offered the right deal from the Bulls they would accept and on top of that Dwight would sign an extension, even though we aren't on his list.

Obviously none of this matters because Dwight will be staying put presumably til the deadline or next offseason now after the news of him being out of trade talks came out today.

And Asik doesn't move you "none" because you either haven't seen him enough or youre talent evaluation sucks plain and simple. OR because you love to hate on anything Chicago Bulls...

and BTW... our SG search is going fine after Rip lands in Chicago later today/tonight or thursday. Keep acting like you know what you're talking about, you don't.

nice talking to you (enter homosexual slur here).

P.S. - I got Noah backing up Dwight in the AS game this year.
    Last edited by Dengness9; 12-14-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    So far nothing has been done. Most likely enter the season, get to the playoffs and "oh no" we forgot to get another shooting guard........again!

Wrong. Idiot. Just playin. But Rip is coming.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Yeah, I don't understand this either. The Bulls have so much to offer Orlando, they have so much to offer Dwight Howard. I mean if Howard goes to the Nets they would be his and Deron Williams team so still it wouldn't just be his team like Orlando is. Even on the Lakers it would still be Kobe's team until Kobe retires and same with the Mavericks where it would be Dirk's team until Dirk retires.

Doesn't make any sense. Chicago is a big market, the Bulls have a good coach, they have a superstar player that paired up with Dwight could win a few championships.

Either you did not read the second paragraph of the post you quoted or you didn't understand it. On this basis I refuse to accede to your thoughtless request.

Whatever. Keep hatin on the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Yeah, I don't understand this either. The Bulls have so much to offer Orlando, they have so much to offer Dwight Howard. I mean if Howard goes to the Nets they would be his and Deron Williams team so still it wouldn't just be his team like Orlando is. Even on the Lakers it would still be Kobe's team until Kobe retires and same with the Mavericks where it would be Dirk's team until Dirk retires.

Doesn't make any sense. Chicago is a big market, the Bulls have a good coach, they have a superstar player that paired up with Dwight could win a few championships.

Sometimes what makes the most sense, makes TOO much sense. Dwight is an idiot for not putting Chicago, on his "list".

Whatever, D-Rose and the Bulls vs the World.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Wrong. Idiot. Just playin. But Rip is coming.
    Rip's not the answer. He will be an upgrade over what we have though. Which is fuck all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    Dwight wants to be the man.

Rose is king in Chicago. Can't see him wanting to be second fiddle.

My view at least.
    I agree. No other reason for it.