Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Why isn't Dwight interested in the Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Chi got beat down 4-1, please don't act like that's just about the officiating. LeBron James was giving Rose a hard time and for 2 of the 4 losses they should have charged Boozer for admission and left him in the stands. The team lost. Dallas winning has nothing to do with Chi, they're completely different and James choked in a way that he didn't vs. Chi. So unless you want to bank on James choking consistently vs. the Bulls (and I wouldn't) you can't count on Chi beating Miami in the postseason.
    Getting a decent SG should at least reduce the gap somewhat but not quite enough.

No you do not. The Heat will continue to oppress your squad for the next five years without at least one major star addition and the Bulls might even need 2. The Bulls may or may not have a very good regular season record but as soon as they face the Heat it will be over and if NY or NJ brings in another star they'll be lording it over them as well.

You never know. The Mavs have shown that a good team can dismantle them pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    You never know. The Mavs have shown that a good team can dismantle them pretty easily.
    Dallas' wins were close victories. And the Heat nearly won, despite being carried by Wade and James' poor play.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Getting a decent SG should at least reduce the gap somewhat but not quite enough.

I think the Bulls' bigs and deep bench gives them a chance against Miami. And for the record, I think all it takes is one good (not great) shooting guard to edge out the Heat in a close series...

It was obvious what the Heat were doing during that series. Keep the ball out of Rose's hands and you win. Double him and you win. Make someone else handle the rock and you win. That's why a OJ Mayo-J Crawford-JR Smith play-making type would go a long way in helping Bulls/Rose get a ring.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    Big market - Check
    Superstar running mate - check
    Tough defensive minded coach - check
    trading pieces to actually make a deal - check
    immediate and long-term title potential - double check

At first I thought he was afraid of the cold weather but if he's willing to go to NJ/Brooklyn that's obviously not the case.

The only thing I can think of is that he's scared of sharing the spotlight w/D-Rose in Rose's hometown.

Any other theories...
    Because he knows he's gonna become second fiddle maybe?.... being the number 2 option is better for howard tho. He doesnt encompass the skill to be a primary option. Had his passing ability been better then maybe, but Rose would have gotten him atleast 10 -12 easy points a game.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Chi got beat down 4-1, please don't act like that's just about the officiating. LeBron James was giving Rose a hard time and for 2 of the 4 losses they should have charged Boozer for admission and left him in the stands. The team lost. Dallas winning has nothing to do with Chi, they're completely different and James choked in a way that he didn't vs. Chi. So unless you want to bank on James choking consistently vs. the Bulls (and I wouldn't) you can't count on Chi beating Miami in the postseason.
    actaully the heat made history. They won that series due to a 2:1 freethrow advantage. the bulls shot better from 3 and 2, and outrebounded the Heat. The first time ever in a playoff series a team has won being outshot and outrebounded So yes, i would say officicating played a HUGE part in that series being 4-1.
    Last edited by I.R.Beast; 12-14-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Dallas' wins were close victories. And the Heat nearly won, despite being carried by Wade and James' poor play.

How can you be carried by poor play?

The Heat didn't even make it to game 7 and EVERYONE had them beating the Mavs. It was relatively easy too considering the circumstances.

Just my opinion.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bada bing
    i think it has something to do with the ownership and the managment of the bulls. I think this is why the 3 clowns refused to go to the bulls last season and a lot of of these franchise players are a little hesitant as well. Jordan had a lot of problems with them right? I just felt the Bulls management has always been a no nonsense team first style where stars aren't regarded as being above the team. A lot of these spoiled NBA stars don't like that. They want to be pampered.
    This right here.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    The Bulls and Celtics showed that the Heat can dismantle a good team pretty easily. Dallas is a great team and Dirk is a unique offensive threat, the only guy that presents his kind of match-up issues is Kevin Durant. Rose's speed is challenging but he's basically dominating with his athleticism so when faced with a guy that was just as athletic while being 7 inches taller and built like an NFL LB Rose struggled. That's a match-up nightmare that will not go away barring a major injury. The Heat had no answer for Nowitzki's combo of SG skills and center height, and the Bulls have no guy like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    actaully the heat made history. They won that series due to a 2:1 freethrow advantage. the bulls shot better from 3 and 2, and outrebounded the Heat. The first time ever in a playoff series a team has won being outshot and outrebounded So yes, i would say officicating played a HUGE part in that series being 4-1.
    You know what would be real history? A team losing a series without some of the fans complaining about FT disparity. You and I will no doubt not see eye to eye about the fairness of the officiating but can you at least concede that James and Wade will continue to get calls? And if you can see that much, explain what has changed with the Bulls that will make them able to stop Miami?

Please show me these blow out beat downs you are referring to.

A bit off topic but, why isn't Rose trying to recruit Dwight? I never understood the idea behind not recruiting or not wanting to. LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard. You have a real shot at getting one of those players and you don't recruit or try to bring them over? I understand the whole pride/ego thing but damn....put that shit aside and do what's best to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Please show me these blow out beat downs you are referring to.
    "Chi got beat down 4-1." I am referring to the Bulls losing 4 of 5 postseason meetings, not an individual game.

"Chi got beat down 4-1." I am referring to the Bulls losing 4 of 5 postseason meetings, not an individual game.
    They didn't get beat down, they lost four games that could've went either way until the last few minutes of each.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    A bit off topic but, why isn't Rose trying to recruit Dwight? I never understood the idea behind not recruiting or not wanting to. LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard. You have a real shot at getting one of those players and you don't recruit or try to bring them over? I understand the whole pride/ego thing but damn....put that shit aside and do what's best to win.
    Because I think he would rather beat those guys than team up with them, like a true competitor

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    They didn't get beat down, they lost four games that could've went either way until the last few minutes of each.
    If it makes you feel better to phrase it that way then whatever but 4-1 is 4-1. When a team is consistently defeating you you're going to have to make some major moves to get better than them and that's the general point of what I have been saying.