Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: So the Spurs doesn't have plans to rebuild yet again this season?

Eh, every year its the same story. We got one more run in us. Pretty stupid to blow the team up when you had the best record in the league all last season, minus the very last game.

We'll keep our core, but we need a big. Hopefully Tiago can take the next step, and Pop can run more big-man lineups. Guys like Neal and Anderson will probably step up a little more as well. But if we get Nene, then its on. Like for real....a Timmy-Nene frontline will wreak havoc.

BALLS TO THE WALL FINAL SEASON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Eh, every year its the same story. We got one more run in us. Pretty stupid to blow the team up when you had the best record in the league all last season, minus the very last game.

We'll keep our core, but we need a big. Hopefully Tiago can take the next step, and Pop can run more big-man lineups. Guys like Neal and Anderson will probably step up a little more as well. But if we get Nene, then its on. Like for real....a Timmy-Nene frontline will wreak havoc.

BALLS TO THE WALL FINAL SEASON!!!
    How is Nene going to accomplish this? Honestly, Nene on the Spurs is nothing more than a patch.

I wish they would package any combination of Dice's contract/RJ/Blair/Bonner and spend the MLE on an athletic, defensive big and a starting SF. Please play Splitter over 35 mins/game and park whichever big (Dice/Blair/Bonner) is left on the bench. Give Kawhi Leonard, James Anderson and Neal lots of run and rest TD and Manu as much as possible.

Honestly I was hoping McDyess wouldn't be coming back this year. Love ya 'Dice but we need to start getting Tiago and Blair developed. Pop also needs to cut his relationship with Bonner and move on... RJ also needs to go. I'd really love to use the amnesty on him just to free up some cap space and then just let the main guys contracts run out.

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    How is Nene going to accomplish this? Honestly, Nene on the Spurs is nothing more than a patch.
    I dont think nene is the type of center the spurs really need. He is an all around guy and can be a bit inconsistent in my opinion. But if id be lying if i say he wont be a huge step up from bonner or blair. Spurs need a defensive big. Everyone's been saying that for the past 3 or 4 years. Duncan needs help since he isnt the defensive nor offensive behemoth he was back in the day. This is probably his last relevant season, as a fan id want to see the spurs to try to sign or trade for a center that will complement timmy for this season.

I really dont think splitter will improve to be player we want him to be. I hope he will, but right now id rather see the spurs get that someone who is a proven player, and will contribute immediately. Also like TMT said, RJ needs to go, spurs have enough talent at the 3. RJ for a good defensive center would be awesome.

I'm lol'ing at all the Jefferson trades in this thread.

Richard Jefferson has negative trade value. The guy is useless.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    I'm lol'ing at all the Jefferson trades in this thread.

Richard Jefferson has negative trade value. The guy is useless.
    I think in the right system he could shine but he just doesnt get enough touches in our system to be effective

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    I think in the right system he could shine but he just doesnt get enough touches in our system to be effective
    I agree with that. Our system is still centered around that Bruce Bowen small forward set. It doesn't utilize RJ's skillset to its potential. He needs to be in a faster pace, more running offense where he can slash to the basket more and not shoot as many 3's. I hope the coaching staff doesn't make the same mistake with Kawhi Leonard and just let him play his game.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Why would any of said players want to come to San Antonio?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Why would any of said players want to come to San Antonio?
    yah i dunno who would want to play for the only franchise in the league with 11 or 12 50+ win seasons in a row.. wait is that right?? whats the streak at now?

yah i dunno who would want to play for the only franchise in the league with 11 or 12 50+ win seasons in a row.. wait is that right?? whats the streak at now?
    They haven't had less than 50 wins since Duncan came besides the lockout season

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Spurs are going to be in rebuilding mode in a couple years. These players want to be on contending teams. Not shitty teams.

Banned

Spurs are going to be in rebuilding mode in a couple years. These players want to be on contending teams. Not shitty teams.
    you obviously dont know shit about spurs franchise or front office in general.

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

Spurs don't rebuild, they just reload. The spurs also have the highest winning % of any team in one of the four major sports leagues.

Take a lap.

The Spurs were the 2nd best team in the regular season record wise, so there is no need for a total overhaul. Memphis was a bad match up for them. That first round loss was still an upset.
    GabeIsGone, you make a good point about the Spurs reloading rather than rebuilding (as they have done for a long time). However, with Tim Duncan declining (still a damn good player last year), reloading will not be as easy as it was in the past and they may need to start building for the future also.

Anyway, to contend, the Spurs need length and a good wing defender.
    I don