Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Carter_17's Avatar

Default Wade and Bosh will opt in

They know they won't find a good contract in any team. Best scenario Bosh gets 8-10m , wade gets 6-8. So why not opt in for 42 million in 2 years combined and chase 15-20 milions at best ? They will be too stupid if they don't.
    Le Two*OfFive in the other hand will leave because he knows heat doesn't have the cap space to bring any decent player at all. Assuming that wade bosh and haslem optin in along with James next season , Heat's salary will be 70,267,178$ (http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/MIA.html )
    . This means their roster will look like this:
    Bosh
    Wade
    LeBron
    Haslem
    Andersen
    Cole
    Justin Hamilton ( )

and they will be able to ONLY sign players with the minimum (450k per year).

So LeBron out for sure , Heat irrelevant for couple of seasons
    Last edited by Carter_17; 06-17-2014 at 04:00 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Wade and Bosh will opt in

Le Bron

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Bosh will get get paid. I'd think Wade would opt in unless he thinks a multi year deal for less money per would be better in the long run

Banned

Considering Wade still gets a lot of endorsement money, he could take a pay cut, Bosh on the other hand may opt in

Bosh already publicly said he will take a paycut.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

RIP Miami Heat then.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Bosh already publicly said he will take a paycut.
    I am not saying that he didn't or anything, first time hearing it but I don't deny it at any case, but I can't really understand why he would take a paycut when he can get 42 milion in 2 years . Makes no sense to me at all

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter_17
    I am not saying that he didn't or anything, first time hearing it but I don't deny it at any case, but I can't really understand why he would take a paycut when he can get 42 milion in 2 years . Makes no sense to me at all
    Why does any player take a paycut? Increased shot at championships.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Nah...they will both opt out.

It will actually make them more money in the long run. nobody, other than the Heat, is touching Wade to begin with on a sizable contract.

Bosh would probably get a big deal, but I doubt he wants to chase money over competing for titles in the weak as **** east. He said this season was a grind...rofl...try playing in the West bitch.

I can't imagine after the worst loss in finals history in terms of per game point differential...that they are all going to run it back with likely an even worse team next year.

They'll all opt out and take real paycuts and go out and get at least 2 key players.

Shit...Haslem will probably opt out and sign a 3 year 9 million dollar deal or something as well.

Chalmers is gone. Battier is retiring. Allen will likely retire.

Why would they want to Lebron to leave? If the big 3 opt out and take cuts...they'll be able to just rape that joke conference for at least the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Why does any player take a paycut? Increased shot at championships.
    Yes but Bosh got couple of rings and he lives in a sunny and nice city. Also he can't really do much more for his legacy if he cares about it. The most logical thing he can do is to opt in for 2 years , get the 40 milion and then go to Toronto to retire or even stay in Miami if they want him for 4-5 million.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Bosh should opt out and go to one of the team that won't land Melo

Houston, Chicago, Dallas...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter_17
    Yes but Bosh got couple of rings and he lives in a sunny and nice city. Also he can't really do much more for his legacy if he cares about it. The most logical thing he can do is to opt in for 2 years , get the 40 milion and then go to Toronto to retire or even stay in Miami if they want him for 4-5 million.
    It's not 40 million iirc. It's just one season for a little over 20.5 million. Bosh would be leaving more money on the table than Wade as nobody is paying Wade much now.

But teams would pay Bosh, but I doubt it's about the money for him...he just made like 80 million over the last 4 years and has become a far bigger name/star than he was in Toronto.

I just can't imagine he opts in if Riley/Lebron/Wade all ask him to opt out and take a cut.

Hope they all do though...I'd love to watch those clowns lose again next year...which they will for sure if they all opt in.

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller

He just complained about the season being a grind though.

He really wants to go to teams that will ask him to do even more than the Heat do?

He comes to Dallas and he's going to have work his ass off defensively and play a real role on offense. I hope we don't get him...

Houston is a nice fit, but again, he's going to have to work his ass off just to make the playoffs there. The West is no joke...and it seems like the Spurs aren't retiring.

So it's a crap shoot after Spurs/Clippers/Thunder to make the playoffs;

Blazers
    Mavs
    Warriors
    Suns

All 4 of those teams will be likely considerably improved next year. And that isn't even mentioning the Grizzles. And hell, the Pelicans could make a run next year if they stay healthy and Davis just goes nuts.

Does Bosh really want to give up his easy situation in Miami for that?

To do what?

Do not want.

I'd take wade, but at a very cheap price.

Back in the summer of 2010, what could of been had Bosh signed with the Bulls and Boozer went to the Heat.

Bosh working together with Noah would be a really good fit IMO. But I don't want him now for the money he will command, plus we still have Gibson and Mirotic to come over this year or next.