Default Re: Steve Francis vs Derrick Rose

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpEJ5aSxep8

muh....Derrick Rose dunks are more impressive IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    Damn nice I've never seen that one before. Repped

I'm beggin someone to watch that entire video and try to tell me that Rose is a better athlete. Better overall when it's all said and done? Yeah Rose wins, but Franchise in his prime was the most athletic PG ever IMO

Again, just watch the video ifrst

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Damn nice I've never seen that one before. Repped

I'm beggin someone to watch that entire video and try to tell me that Rose is a better athlete. Better overall when it's all said and done? Yeah Rose wins, but Franchise in his prime was the most athletic PG ever IMO

Again, just watch the video ifrst
    Careful Rose homers may get mad. I'm glad you're also a big fan of Francis. I loved his game. He was so fun to watch. I understand why most would take Rose in this comparison BUT people really need to not comment on Francis if they didn't watch him a lot in his younger years. These people saying "Rose not even close" didn't see him play and I'm 100 percent sure of that.

They have more similarities than most people would know. Also as I said before statistically they weren't far apart. Win shares 13 to 11 in favor of Rose, hardly a massive difference. As good as Rose is.... Francis did have advantages. Better ball handler, better athlete, better rebounder, better playing the passing lanes and blocking shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Careful Rose homers may get mad. I'm glad you're also a big fan of Francis. I loved his game. He was so fun to watch. I understand why most would take Rose in this comparison BUT people really need to not comment on Francis if they didn't watch him a lot in his younger years. These people saying "Rose not even close" didn't see him play and I'm 100 percent sure of that.

They have more similarities than most people would know. Also as I said before statistically they weren't far apart. Win shares 13 to 11 in favor of Rose, hardly a massive difference. As good as Rose is.... Francis did have advantages. Better ball handler, better athlete, better rebounder, better playing the passing lanes and blocking shots.

yep id agree with all of that.

and that

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    lol Derrick Rose by far.

Derrick Rose vs Gary Payton or Chris Paul would be better comparisons
    Slap yourself. Rose is nowhere near Gary Payton or Chris Paul....well maybe Paul. Definitely not Gary Payton. The only thing he has on him is pure athleticism. That's it.

Francis and Rose are so similar it's not even funny. I really don't understand how people can Rose "easily". Francis did everything Rose does and more. Call me when Rose is coming down the lane smashing on grown men like it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Slap yourself. Rose is nowhere near Gary Payton or Chris Paul....well maybe Paul. Definitely not Gary Payton. The only thing he has on him is pure athleticism. That's it.

Francis and Rose are so similar it's not even funny. I really don't understand how people can Rose "easily". Francis did everything Rose does and more. Call me when Rose is coming down the lane smashing on grown men like it's nothing.
    Rose isn't worthy to hold a healthy CP3's nuts and to say Rose>Payton is saying Rose already belongs in top 5 PG of all time discussions which is insane. People here are so quick to call me a Griffin homer but I'm nothing compared to these Rose fans on ISH.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa

Crowns Joel Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEEFKh8ZsiI

Greg Oden meets Derrick Rose
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6lJTcKHxk

Derrick Rose > Steve Francis and it's not close

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

lol @ using win share to determine impact or how good a player is.

better ball handler, but yet he was more turnover prone.

Better athlete ............ that's debateable, i think Derrick Rose allaround was more athletic than Francis ..........quickness, speed, vertical leap, strength, explosiveness, etc.

better playing the passing lanes doesn't always = better defender.........

blocking shots Derrick Rose 0.6BPG ......Francis 0.4BPG

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    lol @ using win share to determine impact or how good a player is.

better ball handler, but yet he was more turnover prone.

Better athlete ............ that's debateable, i think Derrick Rose allaround was more athletic than Francis ..........quickness, speed, vertical leap, strength, explosiveness, etc.

better playing the passing lanes doesn't always = better defender.........

blocking shots Derrick Rose 0.6BPG ......Francis 0.4BPG
    Francis was a more capable shotblocker as well as a more skilled one. You have to watch a player to know that. .2 difference isn't anything.

Crowns Joel Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEEFKh8ZsiI

Greg Oden meets Derrick Rose
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6lJTcKHxk

Derrick Rose > Steve Francis and it's not close

So let's see when Francis had his best seasons, you were about 8-9 years old. Move along.

So let's see when Francis had his best seasons, you were about 8-9 years old. Move along.
    . It's funny when people don't even ATTEMPT to watch footage on a player yet troll like an idiot. I mean you won't see me going in threads about Mikan vs Baylor or something and giving a ton of opinions. Why? Because I have very limited viewing experience of them. I watched Francis' entire career in Houston and Orlando. Not every game but regularly enough to become a fan of his. This Bulls stan literally hasn't seen a single Franchise game from when he was a Rocket.

Banned

lol @ comparing a league's MVP to an overrated stat padder.

When the Houston Rockets made the playoffs in 2004(Steve Francis) first post season appearance he wasn't the best player on his team. It was Yao Ming.

Steve Francis: 16PPG 5RPG 6APG 40FG%
    Derrick Rose: 25PPG 4RPG 7APG 44FG%

and don't even try to bring out season stats when Stevie team didn't make the playoffs
    Last edited by DevilsAssassin; 10-26-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Yep, you ignore the whole "being 8" thing and continue to judge a player you never even saw play in his prime.

You realize in Francis' prime there were guys like prime Shaq, Kobe, Vince Carter, Duncan, KG, Jason Kidd, Tracy McGrady, Gary Payton, Chris Webber, Allen Iverson, Ben Wallace etc? Rose didn't have a third of that level of competition.