Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Which NBA champion from 2000-2011 is the best NBA team.

2001 Lakers, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
    If AI single handedly beat them in Game 1, I think within time the Pistons could of caught on. I mean Shaq was unstopable, but with Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton and Billups I'm sure they could of somehow contained Kobe Bryant a little bit better than the 76ers. And who else did they have? Robert Horry Rick Fox and Derrick Fisher? these guys are all open jumpshooters and hardworkers you are telling me the Pistons can't match that?

The 08 Celtics is debatable though I will give you that.
    Shaq was at the peak of his game at that time. He would have had an even bigger series than he did against the pistons in 04. And you cant really discredit what Fox, Horry and FIsh meant to the team. They were big time role players and played great D for them as well. You also had a savvy vet point guard in Ron Harper and you had depth with Horace Grant.

01 Lakers.

Banned

I'll take the Celtics.

I'd rank them as:

2001 Lakers ( Shaq at his most dominant, Kobe evolves into a dominant two-way force. Most incredible playoff run in history record-wise)

2008 Celtics ( The big 3 coming together at the end of their primes; amazing defensive squad)

2005 Spurs ( Duncan at his best, Ginobli and Parker legitimate stars)

2002 Lakers ( Less dominant version of 2001)

2004 Pistons ( Outstanding starting lineup; one of the best defensive teams in the modern era)

2009 Lakers ( Kobe at the end of his prime, Gasol at his best)

2000 Lakers ( Shaq at his peak, Kobe giving us a glimpse of things to come)

2007 Spurs ( Duncan nearing the end of his prime, Ginobli and Parker assuming bigger burden)

2006 Heat ( Shaq at the end of his dominance, Wade playing some of the best of his career, solid supporting cast with J-Williams, Walker, Payton, Mourning)

2011 Mavs ( Dirk comes of age at 32, steady veteran play from Kidd, Terry, Marion, Chandler providing the interior presence they've lacked for a decade)

2010 Lakers ( Kobe showing slight slippage at last, strong supporting cast with Gasol, Artest, Odom, Bynum)

2003 Spurs ( Duncan and a cast of role players, David Robinson ends HOF career on a high note)
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 10-24-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I'd rank them as:

2001 Lakers ( Shaq at his most dominant, Kobe evolves into a dominant two-way force. Most incredible playoff run in history record-wise)

2008 Celtics ( The big 3 coming together at the end of their primes; amazing defensive squad)

2002 Lakers ( Less dominant version of 2001)

2004 Pistons ( Outstanding starting lineup; one of the best defensive teams in the modern era)

2009 Lakers ( Kobe at the end of his prime, Gasol at his best)

2000 Lakers ( Shaq at his peak, Kobe giving us a glimpse of things to come)

2011 Mavs ( Dirk comes of age at 32, steady veteran play from Kidd, Terry, Marion, Chandler providing the interior presence they've lacked for a decade)

2010 Lakers ( Kobe showing slight slippage at last, strong supporting cast with Gasol, Artest, Odom, Bynum)

2003 Spurs ( Duncan and a cast of role players, David Robinson ends HOF career on a high note)
    Where would you put the 2006 Heat?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore xoneatom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I'd rank them as:

this

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    Where would you put the 2006 Heat?
    Forgot the Heat lol..... check my list again, I edited them in.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

01 Lakers / 05 Spurs / 08 Celtics

I'd probably lean towards the 05 Spurs...but is really close.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

2005-2010 Suns, oh wait

That's Turr'ble

So what most of you guys are saying that the 2001 Lakers can go up against any other team through 2011 and win EVERY time? is that how dominant that team was?!

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Not to hi-jack the OP's thread but who do you think would win in Finals series between the 05 Spurs and 08 Celtics?

Banned

So what most of you guys are saying that the 2001 Lakers can go up against any other team through 2011 and win EVERY time? is that how dominant that team was?!
    It was a pretty, pretty, pretty dominant team.

Yes, if you pitted any champion the past decade against the 2001 Lakers in a series, the Lakers would come out on top. A few teams would give them challenges no doubt, but Shaq was too dominant and Kobe's all-around combo of offense and defense was too much. Don't forgot the amazing clutch shooting of Fisher, and a decent veteran support cast. There are teams that from top to bottom were more talented, but 2001 Shaq and Kobe was simply too dominant a combo.

This makes me feel like you didnt really watch that Lakers squad back in 00-01. That team was a well oiled machine. Shaq was the engine, Kobe was the throttle and all the other players were all the moving parts around them. Everyone knew their role. The Lakers role players back them often go overlooked because of the sheer dominance of Shaq and emerging Kobe, but they were a huge reason why they were so dominant. They knew exactly what was expected of them and they performed. It was a very cohesive team with top notch on court chemistry. For all the crap that Kobe and Shaq had off the court, they played very very well together on the court. This team was rolling on all cyclinders with one of the most dominant ever leading the way for them.