Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jeff Teague is more athletic than John Wall

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Excellent athlete but nowhere near the all around athlete Wall is. He's slower, weaker, has less hops and doesn't have the change of direction and explosiveness of Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Excellent athlete but nowhere near the all around athlete Wall is. He's slower, weaker, has less hops and doesn't have the change of direction and explosiveness of Wall.
    Too bad Wall is not an all around athlete he has very good max vertical and speed but thats it. Watch the video i posted go to 1:40 Wall can not do that his first step and body control is just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Too bad Wall is not an all around athlete he has very good max vertical and speed but thats it. Watch the video i posted go to 1:40 Wall can not do that his first step and body control is just not good enough.
    I watched it. Check it out dude. Wall had the better agility drill times AND better sprint times at the combine. Not to mention Wall is carrying a much bigger frame. Being a great athlete isn't even about these alone though. It's about the whole package coming together. If you have a group of 500 people watch John Wall play... then a group watch Jeff Teague play, even non basketball fans... I can guarantee at least 400 are going to say Wall is the more athletic player.

BTW about a month or two ago Chauncey Billups said nobody matches Wall's speed and quickness besides Derrick Rose MAYBE. Yes he threw in maybe too. BTW lol at saying Teague has better body control. Wall is arguably better than Rose when it comes to impossible finishes in the lane over defenders. The guy is amazing to watch when he slashes to the hoop.

Banned

BTW about a month or two ago Chauncey Billups said nobody matches Wall's speed and quickness besides Derrick Rose MAYBE. Yes he threw in maybe too. BTW lol at saying Teague has better body control. Wall is arguably better than Rose when it comes to impossible finishes in the lane over defenders. The guy is amazing to watch when he slashes to the hoop.
    STFU

nobody in the league comes closes to what Derrick Rose does to avoid contact..........his body control is un-comparable

Banned

I'm not gonna rate him over Rose yet in that category, if he does it consistently on a night to night basis for another year I'd be willing to make that kinda statements, not right now though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U29Ujl8hQtk

Just adding that for reference..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    I'm not gonna rate him over Rose yet in that category, if he does it consistently on a night to night basis for another year I'd be willing to make that kinda statements, not right now though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U29Ujl8hQtk

Just adding that for reference..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo9ogunBwuE

I doubt Wall will ever be able to pull that. Rose athleticism is unreal, and his body control is the best in the NBA. Probably the best thing the league has ever seen since Michael Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    STFU

nobody in the league comes closes to what Derrick Rose does to avoid contact..........his body control is un-comparable
    I used the word arguably. You guys have 3 seasons of material to gauge Rose and 1 season of a banged up John Wall who had multiple injuries and played through them Kobe style for the most part.

John Wall is an incredible circus shot finisher at the rim just like Rose is.... and people will see soon enough when they get a bigger sample size.

Learning to shoot layups DMVLeGenD's Avatar

Dude WTF are you watching. John Wall is more athleteic than Teague. End of story. Teague is super quick and athletic, but Wall is even faster and more exploxive. Wall might be the fastest player in the NBA (well, maybe behind Ty Lawson and Devin Harris), but you get my point. And call me when Teage ever pulls off these dunks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F_zRBsC5BY

Wall's head is at the rim!

And Wall is more athletic than Westbrook. He can do everything Westbrook can. but he's even faster. Wall has greyhound-type speed.

The only PG that MIGHT be more athletic than him is Derrick Rose, but I even think Wall has more straight-line speed than Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    Rose athleticism is unreal, and his body control is the best in the NBA. Probably the best thing the league has ever seen since Michael Jordan.
    Vince says hi, how are you this evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH2lXNu2zdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8EzJgOD7WQ

How are those for Wall's body control?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jXN4nsT3BY

How's this for Wall's speed and body control combined?

Wall is on Rose's level and it's not even a question to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DMVLeGenD
    Dude WTF are you watching. John Wall is more athleteic than Teague. End of story. Teague is super quick and athletic, but Wall is even faster and more exploxive. Wall might be the fastest player in the NBA (well, maybe behind Ty Lawson and Devin Harris), but you get my point. And call me when Teage ever pulls off these dunks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F_zRBsC5BY

Wall's head is at the rim!

And Wall is more athletic than Westbrook. He can do everything Westbrook can. but he's even faster. Wall has greyhound-type speed.

The only PG that MIGHT be more athletic than him is Derrick Rose, but I even think Wall has more straight-line speed than Rose.
    Been waiting for this video. Teague definitely cant jump as high.

Banned

I used the word arguably. You guys have 3 seasons of material to gauge Rose and 1 season of a banged up John Wall who had multiple injuries and played through them Kobe style for the most part.

John Wall is an incredible circus shot finisher at the rim just like Rose is.... and people will see soon enough when they get a bigger sample size.
    Exactly. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Vince says hi, how are you this evening.
    Yea apparently Air Canada never existed.