Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Blasphemy Thread..How many of you think Russell > Shaq seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Wilt was capable of lifting 500+, to be exact. Wilt was also faster, quicker, and more durable than Shaq.
    Hold up now! Faster baseline to baseline yes. Quicker, I don't know about that. I think Shaq's second jump was quicker & I got his best or very good friend Sonny Hill of Philly's WIP 610 radio station to admit that. It was like pulling teeth but he agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    GOAT ranking involve a combination of talent and accomplishments. And you can only judge players against their own generation, since everything else is pure speculation.

While I may think Shaq was a more dominant player, if we take career accomplishments into consideration, I can't rank Shaq over Russell.
    But there were only 8 teams in those years. Celtics had 9 HOFs..even not that great ones are in HOF due to lack of great players and winning many titles.

Again, those were the years 50 ppg for a season happening.Oscar Robertson had 30 10 10 rookie season. Wilt & Russell were getting almost 30 boards every game.. There are reports they were blocking 10 shots per game.. Wilt was able to led league in assist just because he wanted to show he is not selfish.

He was one of the greatest player (Wilt has case for Goat in 60's) in primitive basketball.

Saying Russell accomplished more in his time is true.But saying GOAT center? over guys like Shaq or Hakeem..

Let's say he was better than prime Ben Wallace..Let's say he is more athletic,skilled Ben Wallace. Still is it that impressive to say best center ever?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    But there were only 8 teams in those years. Celtics had 9 HOFs..even not that great ones are in HOF due to lack of great players and winning many titles.

Again, those were the years 50 ppg for a season happening.Oscar Robertson had 30 10 10 rookie season. Wilt & Russell were getting almost 30 boards every game.. There are reports they were blocking 10 shots per game.. Wilt was able to led league in assist just because he wanted to show he is not selfish.

He was one of the greatest player (Wilt has case for Goat in 60's) in primitive basketball.

Saying Russell accomplished more in his time is true.But saying GOAT center? over guys like Shaq or Hakeem..

Let's say he was better than prime Ben Wallace..Let's say he is more athletic,skilled Ben Wallace. Still is it that impressive to say best center ever?
    THIS.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

According to his peers, Wilt was 7-2. Wilt could bench press 400lbs+.

What physical feats does Shaq have over Wilt?

is shaq laying down on wilts chest? no

is body weight = plate weight? no.

bench press is overrated

now you know.

also lol @ the guy who always posts articles and quotes from players in the 70s. Times have changed, the majority of players today>majority players then. Rules changed too.

prove me wrong whoever negged me.
    Last edited by NBAller; 10-24-2011 at 06:55 PM.

National High School Star

A wise man once said, "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." So I think I'm going to leave the asylum to the inmates.

However, since I enjoy pointing out inconsistencies, fallacies in logic and exposing agendas, first I will point out the following quote:

[quote]

[QUOTE=ThaRegul8r]A wise man once said, "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." So I think I'm going to leave the asylum to the inmates.

However, since I enjoy pointing out inconsistencies, fallacies in logic and exposing agendas, first I will point out the following quote:

I'm sure everyone remembers that quote, yes? People on this forum often pulled it up to show that Shaq admitted Hakeem was better. So if that quote was often cited as proof, then the same people should also find the following quote illuminating:

And last year, Shaq again said Russell was

[QUOTE=ThaRegul8r]A wise man once said, "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." So I think I'm going to leave the asylum to the inmates.

I'm sure everyone remembers that quote, yes? People on this forum often pulled it up to show that Shaq admitted Hakeem was better. So if that quote was often cited as proof, then the same people should also find the following quote illuminating:

And last year, Shaq again said Russell was
    Last edited by rodman91; 10-24-2011 at 07:14 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Shaq considers Kareem best.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6622124

Besides thats Shaq.He loves to talk big. He even told Cavs were best team he has been on before
    Yeah, I could say Thabeet's the best C. Doesn't necessarily mean that's my true thoughts.

NBA rookie of the year

Shaq considers Kareem best.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6622124

Besides thats Shaq.He loves to talk big. He even told Cavs were best team he has been on before
    THIS.

Shaq got a big mouth, nothing he says can be used as proof really. One day he is MDE and the day after that Yao Ming suddenly was the best center in the game.

Back to topic, Shaq vs. Russell is a no-contest *DING DING*! I rate players after legacy, accomplishments, accolades... AND SKILLSET.

NBA rookie of the year

Wilt was capable of lifting 500+, to be exact. Wilt was also faster, quicker, and more durable than Shaq.
    Says Jlauber's own little buttyboy..

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    What makes you think he'd be 'much better'? I honestly believe Russell in todays league is nothing more then a similar Ben Wallace. I've not seen much video, I'll admit that much, but from what I have seen.. Russell was not very gifted offensively. Defensively - Ben Wallace has won the DPOY award.. so how much better would Russell actually be? Ben Wallace did most things right, as a defender.
    nah man russell had that hook shot, and could score when he needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    nah man russell had that hook shot, and could score when he needed to.
    another myth.If he was able to score whenever he was able to he would do better than 15 ppg in 42 minutes.Let's say he didn't score because of team play.Then at least he would have late Wilt like FG%.But instead, he had 44% for career. That's even worse than most of guards today.

Decent playground baller

another myth.If he was able to score whenever he was able to he would do better than 15 ppg in 42 minutes.Let's say he didn't score because of team play.Then at least he would have late Wilt like FG%.But instead, he had 44% for career. That's even worse than most of guards today.
    Russell scored 20+ ppg in multiple playoff seasons, so yeah he was capable of scoring if he wanted or needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Inception28
    Russell scored 20+ ppg in multiple playoff seasons, so yeah he was capable of scoring if he wanted or needed to.
    Only 2 playoffs of his career with 45%.. and played 48 minutes per game.

If he was reliable on score, he would score big time always.If he used less like late Wilt, he would have high FG%.

2 playoffs in 60's he was able to reach 20 ppg and he still had very poor % for center in 48 minutes per games. Especially when he was more athletic than his opponents.