Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Skip Bayless' and Stephen A. Smith's top 5

The only person i can see why'd you have at #1 besides Lebron is Wade. And that's if you were one of the people who belived he was better since 08( Thought he was better in 08 but Lebron was better the next season) Still it's obvious Lebron is the best at the moment.

Skip

1. Wade
    2. KD
    3. Kobe
    4. Dirk
    5. Melo

Stephen

1. Wade
    2. Kobe
    3. Howard
    4. Dirk
    5. KD

I agree with keeping Lebron out of the top-5, but that doesn't mean they've got everything right.

Howard was the best player last season. His team was really messed up, and that's why they lost (losed for pauk's comprehension) in the first round. Unlike someone else, he didn't choke. And he was more valuable to his team than any player, not named Rose.

Rip Samurai Swoosh L8kersfan222's Avatar

Damn Pauk is hurt bro

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Skip

1. Wade
    2. KD
    3. Kobe
    4. Dirk
    5. Melo

Stephen

1. Wade
    2. Kobe
    3. Howard
    4. Dirk
    5. KD

I agree with keeping Lebron out of the top-5, but that doesn't mean they've got everything right.

Howard was the best player last season. His team was really messed up, and that's why they lost (losed for pauk's comprehension) in the first round. Unlike someone else, he didn't choke. And he was more valuable to his team than any player, not named Rose.

Yet I'm willing to bet on the fact that you criticized LeBron for his lack of success in 09, despite his team being abysmal throughout the playoffs.

If you really think LeBron isn't a top 5 player in basketball right now; I'm not sure you have any ability whatsoever to analyze the game and rely solely on knee-jerk reactions.

Dwight averaged 5.5 turnovers in that series; I don't even want to think about the hate you'd dish out had LeBron done something similar. I've seen it before from plenty of you and all it does it make you lose any credibility you thought you had.

For me, u can't deny Bron in the top 5 or arguably the best. Even though he ain't as clutch as say Wade or Kobe, he's the best all around player in the L AND gets u 30 a night. I think Bron is more clutch and takeover than many think. But he's not the level of killer Kobe, Dirk, or Wade are. People just forget that epic fourth quarter against the Pistons a few years ago. That tells u right there Bron has what it takes. But I admit he's not on Kobe or Wade's level right now in terms of that.

I frankly don't have a problem with Wade over Bron. Because before Kobe slowed some, I would have taken him over Bron. And Wade is very close to a peak Kobe in my book. So I can live with that. But other than Wade, I'm not taking anybody over Bron at this point. However, Wade, Kobe, Dirk, Durant, and Melo are higher on the killer food chain than Bron at this point. My top 10 would be like this:

1. Bron
    2. Wade
    3. Kobe
    4. Dirk
    5. Howard
    6. Melo
    7. Durant
    8. Paul
    9. DWill
    10.Rose
    Last edited by bizil; 10-19-2011 at 06:40 PM.

College superstar

While Lebron might not be a proven winner yet, despite playing on arguably the most talented team in the NBA... it's not even arguable that he's not Top 5.

I mean seriously, the only thing the guy hasn't been able to do in his NBA career is win. Plenty of stars in the NBA haven't been able to win, and a couple of them are in their Top 5's.... named KD, Dwight, and Melo.

Lebron has gotten further than these players in the playoffs.

While he might not have earned the Best player in the league title through championships, he's won at least Top 5 through his stats alone.

Let's just say, no stars with no titles should be considered better than Lebron... at the very LEAST.

Any list with Lebron not being #1 is accurate

College star

not sure is serious. kobe melo dwight lol?

Banned

maybe its a players youd take to win a ring list?

No Allen Iverson in Stephen A. Smith's list??

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't think he's no. 1 but not top 5 is ridiculous. I have him behind Dirk, Wade, and Howard but ahead of Durant, Rose, and Kobe.

The main reason he's not no. 1 is cause of his epic disappearances at the worst times the last few years. His advantages in on-court ability don't outweigh that against Dirk, Wade, and Howard IMO, but it does against Durant, Rose, and Kobe.

Someone mentioned the Detroit game. Its funny cause although he deservedly gets flack for being such a choke artist the past few years, that was probably the most clutch game of any active player. I don't think Kobe, Wade, Dirk, or Melo have ever had as clutch of a game/moment as that.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    maybe its a players youd take to win a ring list?
    yeah I would take melo, ancient kobe and dwight over lebron to win a ring.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by L8kersfan222
    Damn Pauk is hurt bro
    nope... i just dont see any logic / sense....

Carmelo? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON LEBRON... in any shape or form.. makes no sense

Wade? He had NOTHING over Lebron... except 3 better games in the Finals.. woopedidoooo... makes no sense

Kobe? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON LEBRON... in any shape or form.. can you give ONE reason to why he should be ranked higher than Lebron right now? Tell me......... i would be glad to hear... once again makes no sense

Dirk? FINALS + CHAMPIONSHIP... the only logical choice to ARGUE over Lebron... but he is #4 on both lists.. which once again makes no sense..

Dwight? HAD SOMETHING ON LEBRON... but he isnt even on Skips list... which once again makes no sense

its no different then going:

1. Delonte West
    2. Joel Anthony
    3. Mario Chalmers
    4. Anderson Varejao
    5. Jose Calderon

Im just discusted that such brainfunctions can exist amongst humans (or more like not not exist)
    Last edited by pauk; 10-19-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Go Spurs Go

2 clowns trying to rank the best

i remember back in 06 kobe was averaging 40+ a month! and stephen didnt have him in his top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    yeah I would take melo, ancient kobe and dwight over lebron to win a ring.

/sarcasm
    Replace Lebron with any of those players last year, and Miami wins it all. And I'm not just talking about the finals.