Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: TOP 10 has begun on ESPN.com - #8 will make a lot of noise

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    My list I posted in ESPN's top 20 thread other day. Let's see how close I am.

1. Dwight Howard
    2. Lebron James
    3. Dwyane Wade
    4. Chris Paul
    5. Dirk Nowitzki
    6. Kobe Bryant
    7. Kevin Durant
    8. Deron Williams
    9. Derrick Rose
    10. Blake Griffin

So far I got Deron in the wrong place and Amare not sure if he's even available.
    Lebron is gonna be 1. Durant cant be lower than 4. i'm not necessarly saying how i feel but how this ESPN list will play out.

Dunking on everybody in the park greensborohill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmamba
    RoyceWebb Royce Webb, ESPN NBA
    #NBArank hint: There are three players with MVPs in the top 7. When No. 7 is announced, there will be two remaining.

So number 7 is an MVP too. Gotta be kobe. no way they let dirk or lebron slip this low
    I think it's Dirk. It's 91 different opinions that they are taking the average of. . . . it's Dirk.

The MVP award officially became a joke when Steve Nash won it not once, but TWICE. After that, you can't really take it seriously anymore.

That being said, Rose did deserve it, so.......

Also, I would be SHOCKED if Lebron is anything less than #1.

I usually hit open layups mountainmamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greensborohill
    I think it's Dirk. It's 91 different opinions that they are taking the average of. . . . it's Dirk.

Fresh off a championship? My guess is kobe.

No. Royce Webb, thinking he's clever with his hints, gave away too much. He said a former MVP with a rabid fanbase is in the lower five.

It's Kobe. And really, after Dirk's ridiculous playoff run, you really think he could be ranked this low? This is CURRENT rankings, I know Kobe's done alot, but 7 right now isn't really that insulting. Like I mentioned earlier, the gap between, say, #4, and #8 is minimal anyway.

No. Royce Webb, thinking he's clever with his hints, gave away too much. He said a former MVP with a rabid fanbase is in the lower five.

It's Kobe. And really, after Dirk's ridiculous playoff run, you really think he could be ranked this low? This is CURRENT rankings, I know Kobe's done alot, but 7 right now isn't really that insulting. Like I mentioned earlier, the gap between, say, #4, and #8 is minimal anyway.

3-time NBA All-Star

I understand your point man. I'm just saying me or ESPN saying Blake is the 10th best player isn't disrespectful in any way. If they ranked him top 5 fine... but he has a great case against the other 10-15 spots. It's unfair for us to judge him based on team success as a rookie or to say Melo has accomplished more in his career etc. This ESPN ranking is about rank of a players skill and talent NOW. I doubt they are really factoring in past success etc.
    If they're putting Kobe and CP3 ahead of Rose, they're absolutely taking past success into account, at least to an extent. If this is about players now and what they could in the future, there's no reason the top 5 wouldn't be something like Lebron-Howard-Durant-Rose-Griffin.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Lebron is gonna be 1. Durant cant be lower than 4. i'm not necessarly saying how i feel but how this ESPN list will play out.
    Yea I feel you. I think I'd actually swap Durant and Kobe.. and Rose for Williams now that I think about it. So I'd have a list of....

1. Dwight
    2. Lebron
    3. Wade
    4. CP3
    5. Dirk
    6. Durant
    7. Kobe
    8. Rose
    9. D Will
    10. Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The MVP award officially became a joke when Steve Nash won it not once, but TWICE. After that, you can't really take it seriously anymore.

That being said, Rose did deserve it, so.......

Also, I would be SHOCKED if Lebron is anything less than #1.
    That "Nash stole MVPs" comment is so 2006. It doesn't really fly considering he's since led TWO MORE teams to the WCF, kept up his 2005/2006 level play for another 5 years and is now widely considered as the GREATEST SHOOTER EVER.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    If they're putting Kobe and CP3 ahead of Rose, they're absolutely taking past success into account, at least to an extent. If this is about players now and what they could in the future, there's no reason the top 5 wouldn't be something like Lebron-Howard-Durant-Rose-Griffin.
    I don't think they are taking past success into account. They are putting Kobe and CP3 ahead of Rose because they are better all around players to this point. CP3 no question is the better all around PG than Rose and in the playoffs everyone was reminded of just how good a healthy CP3 is. Kobe vs Rose is debatable but Kobe is a more complete player and even now in his decline is a 25, 5 and 5 player. Better than Rose.

It's not a list about future rank. It's a list about the current top individual talents and skill sets. At least that's what I think they are doing...

Dunking on everybody in the park greensborohill's Avatar

update for Kobe #7 - 9.40

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

1. Dirk
    2. LeBron
    3. Wade
    4. Dwight
    5. Kobe

My top 5

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't think they are taking past success into account. They are putting Kobe and CP3 ahead of Rose because they are better all around players to this point. CP3 no question is the better all around PG than Rose and in the playoffs everyone was reminded of just how good a healthy CP3 is. Kobe vs Rose is debatable but Kobe is a more complete player and even now in his decline is a 25, 5 and 5 player. Better than Rose.

It's not a list about future rank. It's a list about the current top individual talents and skill sets. At least that's what I think they are doing...
    Like I said, at there best they are better then Rose. But due to injuries/age, they are not nearly as dependable. It doesn't make sense to me if they aren't taking past success into account since Rose clearly had a better season then both of them and is only going to get better while both Kobe and CP3 are on the decline. And CP3's playoffs was only 6 games. It doesn't make up for the fact that Rose during the regular season completely blew him out the water.
    Last edited by guy; 10-17-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    That "Nash stole MVPs" comment is so 2006. It doesn't really fly considering he's since led TWO MORE teams to the WCF, kept up his 2005/2006 level play for another 5 years and is now widely considered as the GREATEST SHOOTER EVER.
    He simply wasn't the MVP those two years. Doesn't matter what he did afterwards.

Not a logical thinker, eh?

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Blake Griffin over guys like Melo, Gasol, Amare, and ZBo is a joke. I'm sure it won't be long before he does surpass those guys, but he hasn't done enough yet to warrant that. I personally think Melo and Amare should be #9 and #10 even over Deron but of the players remaining, Deron is in the right place.
    THIS!!!