Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron James becoming criminally underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    The hate gets over the top but so does the hype he gets way too much credit when he does something good. If its the 07 playoff run or the 60 win seasons ( Lebrons not worth 40+ wins nobody is) or most recently "shutting down" Derrick Rose. He gets too much hate when he does something wrong but he gets crazy overrated when he is doing well.
    good point, didn't think of that.

oh, and negged

[COLOR="White"]jk[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Every time he opens his mouth, he says something sooo stupid and annoying that it's impossible not to hate him. Plus, he's overrated by those who think he's the best player.
    i agree he comes across pretty stupid, but i dont hate him for being stupid. i just look at him as like a slightly messed up kid actor, or a kid who had shitty parents, so hes kinda f*cked up. but i dont hate him for it.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

All joking aside...

It is what it is with LeBron.
    He is one of the most gifted players I have ever seen period. There is no denying that. But his actions and performance in big games etc. have all been more then questionable.

He forever ruined his legacy with the Decision and bailing out of Cleveland to play with Wade in Miami. Even if he say win titles in the future some bball purist will always look down upon him for that.

He can still however overcome his performance in last years Finals by winning in the future.

So underrated? No not at all....not one bit. The only thing LeBron is is a primaddonna so far calling himself King and Chosen One.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Those who hate on LeBron for his actions off the court need either friends or a life. Just my opinion. He's also the best player in the league at the moment. I think people just like to discredit him for a lack of a better word so that they feel better about themselves, or so that his g.o.a.t image is diminshed, concluding in him being more equal in terms of skill to his competitors.

Underrated? Depends on how you look at it. He's easily top2 in the NBA, so he's probably not underrated. When talking about All Time, he's probably underrated on this board.

At this stage, Lebron is better than he's currently being given credit for, but not as good as we want him to be ( Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Wilt). He's just not in that category....yet. And perception-wise, he may never be considered on that level, unless he wins and wins big.

Banned

Hes rated just fine actually. Anywhere from 5- 100 is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    It's only "stupid and annoying" because you have already made up your mind that you're going to hate him no matter what he does. LeBron could cure AIDS and you'd criticize him. And saying he's currently the best player in the NBA may not be a factual statement, as there is certainly debate for other players, but it's not stupid either, as he has as good a case as any other player.
    I've watched him since his rookie year. It was amazing how he was able to surpass the already-crazy hype. I was even more amazed when he single-handedly beat Detroit in that playoff game in 2007.

Since then, he has become more and more fragile under pressure, therefore failed many times, but somehow his ego became larger than his game.

All those tattooes, empty claims, obvious stat-padding, dancing, being ass-hole to people finally caught up with me. I hate him now, and I want him to continue to fail time and time again.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Definitely underrated. His peak was G.O.A.T level.
    Those 2 MVP years.
    It

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quite the contrary. I still see him raking #1 on most people's list or Top 3 at worst. He's overrated, if anything.

He's arguably the best player in the NBA at the moment, but the way he carries on makes it damn hard to like him from my point of view.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Not underrated, just hated.

He is despised by so many people, but even those who hate him recognize how remarkably talented he is.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Quite the contrary. I still see him raking #1 on most people's list or Top 3 at worst. He's overrated, if anything.

blind hatred

just getting started haters!

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    In the bright lights of the Finals the "shadows" just disappeared.