Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: excellent article on Lebron (& Magic Johnson)!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    lol what did this post have to do with anything?

We are talking about the similarity between the collapse of Magic in the 84' finals and the collapse of leBron in the 2011 finals.

I hate idiots.

lol starts listing a bunch of accolades...what a moron.

yea i remember reading about that....

they called Magic "TRAGIC JOHNSON"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1bd2g3p1Y

Like Master.. Like Pupile eh? But just like the Master... the Pupile will also prevail later with a vengeance (inb4 heaveninacnascntnent spell checks me).....
    Last edited by pauk; 10-13-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    lol what did this post have to do with anything?

We are talking about the similarity between the collapse of Magic in the 84' finals and the collapse of leBron in the 2011 finals.

I hate idiots.

lol starts listing a bunch of accolades...what a moron.
    Lebron and Magic were not the same in 1984

Magic already won 2 Championships, you moron

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    yea i remember reading about....

they called Magic "TRAGIC JOHNSON"....

"tragic magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow

"tragic magic"
    nope.. without the magic.... just "Tragic Johnson"....

"Johnson was called "Tragic Johnson" by Celtics fans due to...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_NBA_Finals

"In the 1984 Finals, Magic was renamed as Tragic Johnson after the Lakers' surprising loss"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz1ahIjck7B

facepalm.. yep.. this time smack yourself
    Last edited by pauk; 10-13-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phong

did you create that to? funny but.. no life

Im not really a troll.. i call myself tho... i like to troll Kobetards (they have ridicilous statements), but i do it with facts, i retaliate and correct their crazy statements...

I like Lebron... i commend him when he deserves it and i will bash him when he deserves it....

i just want FACTS..... im FACTS biased.... if the truth is told... i have nothing against it.... a FACT is my "homerism"
    Here's the biggest problem I have with Lebron. I'll get to the Kobetards in a minute....

The guy made a spectacle of himself during the "decision", then once he got to Miami he told everyone that they were going to win it all and sure enough, he didn't.

That is the definition of fail plain and simple. Cleveland rubbed the failure right in his face, and it was so sweet. All the guy had to do was one of two things:

-demonstrate some class and leave on a good note
    -at least win if your going to behave like an idiot on your way out

An amazing talent on the court that gave Cleveland everything he had for 6 out of 7 years, but poor execution as far as his behavior when it was all said and done. It's no surprise that only a minority of NBA fans respect him after all of this.

As for Kobe, sorry kids but the dude is old.....so be optimistic. Let's be thankful for what he's accomplished and all the great moments. Yes he has 5 rings. Yes LeBron has 0. Stop worrying about whether or not Kobe will get 6 rings. 6 rings won't make him better than Jordan, and the lack of 6 rings won't make him any less respected than Jordan. He's a different player that played in a different era.

Whether or not LeBron will continue to fail with the 1st/2nd best player by his side is what I'm interested in. All this convoluted propaganda and player comparisons only serve to muddy the waters. The only thing a majority of people care about is whether or not he's going to fail again.

What I'm also concerned about is how the LeBron homers will prepare for his possible failure.

Banned

Nothing Further

did you create that to? funny but.. no life
    you're telling somebody they have no life, when all you do is talk about lebron, and gargle on his nuts. MASSIVE FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    Here's the biggest problem I have with Lebron. I'll get to the Kobetards in a minute....

The guy made a spectacle of himself during the "decision"
    I agree... the decision on TV (although raising money for children) shouldnt have happened imo..

then once he got to Miami he told everyone that they were going to win it all and sure enough, he didn't.
    WRONG.... Lebron NEVER said they were going to win it all..... he only jokingly said that they were gona win multiple championships.......... he didnt say there were gona win one NOW immediately......

dont even try

i would like to see who is crazy enough to not agree with Lebron here actually..... who thinks that the Miami Heat will NOT win any championships....

That is the definition of fail plain and simple. Cleveland rubbed the failure right in his face, and it was so sweet. All the guy had to do was one of two things:
    What failure was that? All they did was only being butthurt for him leaving.... thats what it all was about at the end of the day....

-demonstrate some class and leave on a good note
    He didnt insult somebody did he? He just became a free-agent... and decided to bounce a god damn basketball in another town.... get over it...

-at least win if your going to behave like an idiot on your way out
    Why the **** would he leave if he WON a championship? What kindof ridicilous logic is that?

The whole point of him leaving is that he was patient for 7 years and Dan Gilbert had his chance to build a championship team and Failed, unlike Kobe he NEVER complained about his teammates, NEVER threatened to leave or anything like that........... stop acting like he is some kindof douchebag.... he is NOT...

the only person you should be mad about is Dan Gilbert.... the man who showed his true colors afterwards...

An amazing talent on the court that gave Cleveland everything he had for 6 out of 7 years, but poor execution as far as his behavior when it was all said and done. It's no surprise that only a minority of NBA fans respect him after all of this.
    What poor execution? He became a free-agent after 7 years.... saw his options and decided to either:

1. Stay "loyal" & "loved" and ringless for the rest of his career.
    2. Go out and immediately try win championships...

His decision was between ending up as a TOP 50 player of all time.... or a TOP 10 player of all time....

If he chose #1 above he would have made a decision that he would regret for the rest of his life..............

As for Kobe, sorry kids but the dude is old.....so be optimistic. Let's be thankful for what he's accomplished and all the great moments. Yes he has 5 rings. Yes LeBron has 0. Stop worrying about whether or not Kobe will get 6 rings. 6 rings won't make him better than Jordan, and the lack of 6 rings won't make him any less respected than Jordan. He's a different player that played in a different era.
    agree!

Whether or not LeBron will continue to fail with the 1st/2nd best player by his side is what I'm interested in.
    This is the first time in Lebrons life he finally has a legit great teammate....
    But he is in a completely new team... with new teammates he has to learn their and they his behaviours/tendencies on court.... not to mention chemistry.... he is also learning to play OF THE BALL for the first time in his life.... and learn to share the ball with 2 offensive powerhouses.... its a complete change of role...

Phong is good at this... be so kind and trace my old posts, you will see me GUARANTEEING MIAMI HEAT WOULD NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IMMEDIATELY.............

BUT THE NEXT YEAR... (THIS YEAR)... THEY WOULD...

What I'm concern about is how the LeBron homers will prepare for his possible failure.
    that wont happen... sorry...
    Last edited by pauk; 10-13-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Original-
    you're telling somebody they have no life, when all you do is talk about lebron, and gargle on his nuts. MASSIVE FAIL.
    No... i dont:

1. spend the entire days/nights watching games of the man i HATE just so i can create gifs/videos of those plays he missed a shot / turned the ball over or so... so i can bash him...

2. spend the entire days/nights searching all old threads and posts made years ago so i can use them to my advantage... there is no search function, so i assume it must be time conceiving....

that wont happen... sorry...
    It's very, very possible. The Heat are world class chokers.

there is no search function, so i assume it must be time conceiving....
    1. There is a search function; which I didn't use because somebody already linked to that gamethread in another thread.

2. time conceiving?