Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword thread

I already knew that ign was going to give it a 10 - which it totally deserves - but the way the editor described in depth about how nintendo went on to recreating this game, literally has blown my fxxking mind.

Zelda, imo, is the greatest franchise in video games. i see a lot of todays hardcore gamers prefer more rpg open world style, e.g., skyrim. ive played oblivion, mass effect, fallout and many others, but none of them have moved me the way that zelda has.

I am hopeful that there will be more available pre-orders for the collectors edition when i get paid of next friday 'cuz i am hella broke right now.

Skyrim is arriving in my mail on saturday via gamefly but i know for a fact that im sending it back within a week. Im sorry, but zelda always comes first and it cant come soon enough. Code green... we almost there, bruh.

Banned

Downloading it now through official Nintendo Steam-like torrenty thing. So nice a company is willing to create a game for years, just to make it available through Steam-like torrenty thing for free.

World is friendly and nice.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    I already knew that ign was going to give it a 10 - which it totally deserves - but the way the editor described in depth about how nintendo went on to recreating this game, literally has blown my fxxking mind.

Zelda, imo, is the greatest franchise in video games. i see a lot of todays hardcore gamers prefer more rpg open world style, e.g., skyrim. ive played oblivion, mass effect, fallout and many others, but none of them have moved me the way that zelda has.

I am hopeful that there will be more available pre-orders for the collectors edition when i get paid of next friday 'cuz i am hella broke right now.

Skyrim is arriving in my mail on saturday via gamefly but i know for a fact that im sending it back within a week. Im sorry, but zelda always comes first and it cant come soon enough. Code green... we almost there, bruh.
    No question Zelda is a GOAT level series and memorable for all of us who played the games. I LOVED Zelda games. It was pretty much all I played on Gameboy along with Pokemon. I also of course played the Nintendo and Super NES versions as well.

It's natural for most like me to prefer modern games though man. Each console generation has improved. Games are 10 times deeper now.

looks like someone posted it already but yea ign gave it a 10 which sounds very impressive

big Zelda fan here btw

The GameStop where I preordered the game isn't doing a midnight release

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    The GameStop where I preordered the game isn't doing a midnight release
    i'm going to go pick it up at Nintendoworld tomorrow, early release event..

^ nice one. that store's awesome.

think i'ma pick it up on the way home from the bars tomorrow night from wally world. late night drunken half asleep zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by SayTownRy
    ^ nice one. that store's awesome.

think i'ma pick it up on the way home from the bars tomorrow night from wally world. late night drunken half asleep zelda.
    special edition? for some reason i like to have the controller from the game. Like for Monster Hunter, i wanted the black monster hunter classic controller. yes, i have issues.

btw, i've played some of the game at a friends house. i was very impressed with the controls. didn't see much, just a temple...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    special edition? for some reason i like to have the controller from the game. Like for Monster Hunter, i wanted the black monster hunter classic controller. yes, i have issues.

btw, i've played some of the game at a friends house. i was very impressed with the controls. didn't see much, just a temple...
    Definitely doing the special edition. I got the special edition gold DS with the Triforce on the front, the gold WiiMote will definitely look sweet next to it.

I really have an unhealthy obsession with Zelda.

Just got back from paying off my preorder @ gamestop. i hate buying games there, but it was my only option.

Anyway, this will my first time using a wii motionplus controller. Whats the biggest difference between the motionplus and the old ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    Just got back from paying off my preorder @ gamestop. i hate buying games there, but it was my only option.

Anyway, this will my first time using a wii motionplus controller. Whats the biggest difference between the motionplus and the old ones?
    You'll tell the first time you put on your wii and move the cursor around. It moves considerably smoother and more accurate with the motionplus controller. I work at a store that's right next to GameStop in a strip mall, so I preordered it there just to be convenient. I actually paid it off a couple of days ago, and had a conversation with the manager while she was ringing me up..

Me: I just want to finish paying off the rest of Zelda
    Her: Awesome choice, that's coming up soon
    Me: I know, I've been ready for this for four years. A lot of people coming for the midnight release?
    Her: Oh, there's no midnight release for Zelda.
    Me: Wait, really?
    Her: Yeah, we only do midnight releases for really big releases.
    Me: .....
    Me: .....
    Me: It's Nintendo's biggest release since the last Zelda came out
    Her: Yeah, but we don't do any for Wii games.
    Me: Wow, I guess I'll be here first thing in the morning.
    Her: It's Sunday, we don't open until noon.

I walked out of there depressed. Nintendo's been my favorite video game company since I got my first NES at 6...and they've been reduced to this. That WiiU better be something special.

The storyline for this game is definitely different. No Hyrule, no mention of Gannon yet. It's got the potential to be epic though...I just got the spiritual sword.

i'm like 7-8 hours in. It's fantastic. It's so fun, i love the combat. It's starting to pick up more too. The first 3-4 hours it was fun, but not super fun. It's getting to be super fun. Probably going to be my second favorite game after Batman this year. Thank you Nintendo.

Wii gives us like no games but when they give something its always sick.

yeah this one's siiiick

just went for the regular release although i regret it every time i pick up that wiimote + motion plus attachment + nunchuk combination

i'm delving into the skyview temple atm.

so far i'm really liking the combat, although i'm still getting used to it. i'm dispatching those plants with ease, but i'll still get stuck swinging a few extra times every once in a while on the guys that block your swings.

but the controls are so fluid.

i'm barely scratching the surface of the surface.. : / i guess maybe after i beat the skyview temple things will open up a little bit? not that i'm complaining cause i love that zelda games take like 3 hours before you even get to the first dungeon - as linear as it's been the scope of the areas i've been in are immense.

i just beat the first temple and boss. game has met expectations, hopefully it will exceed it down the line.