Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: You know LeBron James reminds me somewhat of KG

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    For sure. I love their chances with Ray Allen....its just not a slam dunk for sure title or anything.

But we agree. The 09 team was close...and possibly could have won the title with what they had. That team really did suffer from some terrible luck against the Magic. Mo was awful, and the Lewis made those big shots....even if he just misses one...I bet the Cavs win.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the 09 Cavs were a flawed team. I just would have loved to see Lebron play from 07 through 10 with another quality player that fit well with him. You see teams with:

Duncan/Manu/Parker
    KG/Pierce/Allen
    Kobe/Gasol/Odom

Those teams all had quality supporting casts and coaching as well. I would love to have seen what Lebron could have done playing with similar talent that fit around him. Lebron/Allen/Bosh....I know its crazy to say this after we just saw Lebron/Wade/Bosh lose with some decent player 4 through 8, but I don't see how that team doesn't win in 09....and really 10 as well.

I actually think that Joe Johnson would have been a great fit on the Cavs. Mo/JJ/Lebron/Andy/Z in 09 would have been sick. JJ would be a great fit in my opinion because he's perfectly suited for that 2nd option role. He's a knock down shooter. He can create his own shot. He doesn't want to be the superstar and dominate the ball. And he's capable of guarding sg's even though he's big. The size alone of JJ/Lebron/Andy/Z would be a great asset. Mo could do less creating and just spot up more...which is really what he's good at. I think that ability of someone else being able to create for themselves or others consistently is really important. That is what has killed Mo in the playoffs. He's been asked to do too much for what he's capable of. Mo is a third option on a contending team....and a really good one in my opinion. JJ would have given that team another guy to rely on to create and score...and also another knock down shooter to space the floor.

And is not like Mo/JJ/Lebron/Andy/Z is some amazingly stacked team that is unfair or something...it would just be the norm for title winning teams.
    I don't trust Joe at all in the playoffs, I'd much rather have Ray, who, imo had a better season in '09 and also seems like a better fit with Lebron. But Lebron/Bosh/Allen with that type of defense and 3 point shooting is really loaded.

I still think that Miami will win a title or 2, and Bosh seems to have found his place on the team(during the end of the season and during the playoffs, Bosh fitting in was no longer a problem, imo).

Actually the funny thing is that Miami was looking like the team that many expected them to be prior to the finals. So in the end, I'm not sure if the fit is as much of a problem.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I don't trust Joe at all in the playoffs, I'd much rather have Ray, who, imo had a better season in '09 and also seems like a better fit with Lebron. But Lebron/Bosh/Allen with that type of defense and 3 point shooting is really loaded.

I still think that Miami will win a title or 2, and Bosh seems to have found his place on the team(during the end of the season and during the playoffs, Bosh fitting in was no longer a problem, imo).

Actually the funny thing is that Miami was looking like the team that many expected them to be prior to the finals. So in the end, I'm not sure if the fit is as much of a problem.
    I think JJ is a victim of circumstances in the playoffs. He's not a number 1 guy. Yet he's asked to be....and that is why he doesn't come through. If you put him next to Lebron...I think you would see a much different player. That is just my opinion though.

Fit will always be an issue for the Heat. They can definitely overcome it, but it will always be an issue. Wade/Lebron will not just randomly become spot up shooters or excellent off ball players. The only hope for Heat fans is that Lebron actually develops a low post game and pretty much plays out of low block or wing post exclusively while Wade is on the floor. I don't see that happening though. The team still has no threat to score on the low block consistently...as Bosh is forced to float around the perimeter taking jumpers because he's a bitch and because that fits better with Wade/Lebron.

Having said that, that team is a quality backup sg that can spot up and a starting center away from being by far the best team in the league. But it will never be optimal...it can't be when you have two ball dominant players on the perimeter that can't consistently shoot.

A guy even like George hill would be a great role player to fit besides lebron an wade in spot minutes