Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: You know LeBron James reminds me somewhat of KG

you're right. lebron and kg are both tall, black and play basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    I don't think you really understand what I mean. LeBron already plays at the highest gear he can night in and night out....whether it is in the regular season or in the playoffs he is at the highest gear already. If he were to gear down and gear up you would see like Game 4 in the 2011 NBA finals and then you would see like Game 2 vs. the 76ers in the 2011 playoffs.

I don't think LeBron gets enough credit for doing that.....because that is tough to do.

Wade playing at his peak is better than LeBron at his but LeBron plays closer to his peak on a night to night basis than Wade does. This is pretty much why the majority of NBA fans would take LeBron over Wade in the regular season because of the body of work LeBron puts in on a night to night basis compared to Wade.

If you were to ask the majority of NBA fans who they would rather have in the playoffs and who they would rather have to win a playoff series or run with, I would assume the majority would roll with Wade instead of LeBron.

Since the peaks and valleys for Wade is as much of a product of effort than anything else, the guy with the higher peaks is more valuable for a game or a series.
    wtf are u talking about? its ESPECIALLY in the playoffs where Lebron is the best........ and one of the best EVER... his productions in the playoffs are of the charts... as u can see above...

i love wade.... but if it wasnt for that stacked shaq team he had 1 year... he would be remembered as even worse than T-Mac in the playoffs.... considering every other year he didnt made his scrub team anywhere close to as good as lebron made his scrub team in the season or in playoffs..... lebron went to finals with his 2nd most producting supportive player being Daniel Gibson..... and went deep to the finals all the time after that.... while wade was struggling at the 8th seed and so on barelly being in playoffs and getting always eliminated in the 1st round..........

Wades comment after the Bulls series aimed towards Lebron in the post game press conference: "THANK YOU LEBRON... THANK YOU".... wasnt that sarcastic afterall......... he had not been there ever again after 2006 and had not surpassed even 1st round...

that MAJORITY that would take wade over lebron.... in anything about basketball.... those are biased wade fans... or kobe fans who would rather give credit to anybody else than lebron (like you)....
    Last edited by pauk; 09-07-2011 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You really...really...REALLY like talking about Lebron James.

I never figured out how people who pretty much just talk about one subject keep themselves going.

I cant even talk about the people I like that much.
    This. LOL

KG constantly put up better numbers in the post season.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

its ESPECIALLY in the playoffs where Lebron is the best........ and one of the best EVER... his productions in the playoffs are of the charts... as u can see above...
    #cantdecidebetweeneyerollorlolsmiley
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerz
    He does not elevate his RS performance in the post-season but he does somewhat maintain it.

RS career:

20/11/4 - 50% shooting

PS career:

20/11/4 - 47% shooting.

I already have a few series in my mind where he played below his average in the playoffs compared to the regular season. 2010 vs. Magic, 2000 vs. Portland, 2008 vs. Lakers, and I am sure there are much more but those are just the few I know in the back of my head as far as decline goes.

He also got brutally outplayed by Dirk in the 2002 playoffs but even though his production rose, his shooting efficiency went down a lot.
    Last edited by ThaSwagg3r; 09-07-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Not really, lebron has always played very well in the playoffs. The finals is where he has struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    He does not elevate his RS performance in the post-season but he does somewhat maintain it.

RS career:

20/11/4 - 50% shooting

PS career:

20/11/4 - 47% shooting.

I already have a few series in my mind where he played below his average in the playoffs compared to the regular season. 2010 vs. Magic, 2000 vs. Portland, 2008 vs. Lakers, and I am sure there are much more but those are just the few I know in the back of my head as far as decline goes.

He also got brutally outplayed by Dirk in the 2002 playoffs but even though his production rose, his shooting efficiency went down a lot.
    You have to take into account that garnett injured his knee and after that has been the same player and has been on the decline. I also think the reason his FG% goes down is that he was carry the wolves for so long and in his post season runs he was taking more attempts due to lack of a reliable second option

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    I must of missed the part where KG failed to prove people that he didn't have that extra "gear" when he relocated to Boston. If memory serves me right he won a DPOY and made Boston to be the best defensive team over his reign. That and the fact he made it to the finals twice winning a championship and losing one in 7 games in which nobody questioned his heart and effort. Do not ever say KG does not have what it takes to be an all time great. He proved he can be on a good team in the post season.
    Thank you. Everytime somebody mentions KG, you got my attention. Great points about how KG having that extra gear, by getting the DPOY and by raising Boston's level of defense. Also, someone mentioned the 2002 Dallas/Minnesota playoffs. As a KG superfan...KG did get out played in that series(2002) against the Mavs. It was tough but it happens.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    you're right. lebron and kg are both tall, black and play basketball.
    This

3-time NBA All-Star

KG would never play in a way where his effort is questioned the way Lebron did against the Celtics in 2010 and the Mavs in 2011. He might not always be able to step his game up, but you can never question his effort.

Lebron is such an enigma in that he completely choked worse then arguably anyone we've seen mainly because his effort looked horrible, but at the same time he's also been very clutch at times. His performance in 07 vs. the Pistons, 09 vs. the Magic, and this year vs. the Celtics and Bulls were like the exact opposites of what he was against the Celtics in 2010 and Mavs this year.

LeBron might not have a "5th gear", but it doesn't matter, because his 4th gear is probably just as good as everyone else's 5th gear, or even better. He just needs to get over his fear in the Finals, even if you are struggling, be more aggressive. LeBron doesn't allow himself to struggle, and when no one else is making shots, he really needs to step up. Once he gets over that, he would be an All-Time Great.

Why would you compare LeBron to KG? KG got shopped after he was out of his prime, LeBron left in his prime via FA. There's a difference there.

And KG always gave it 100%, as for LeBron, we can't say the same.

Facts Are Misleading

Uh, tell the Pistons that LeBron doesn't have that extra gear.

Tell the Magic he doesn't have that extra gear.

There are more than enough situations where he has shown the ability to take over and dominate the game with his scoring and passing ability.

It's kind of dumb to say all of a sudden he doesn't have that extra gear because of one bad finals. That series obviously hurts his image and reputation, but to question his actual ability to take it up a notch, is dumb.

His bad play had more to do with his brain/mindset than his ability.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

You have to take into account that garnett injured his knee and after that has been the same player and has been on the decline. I also think the reason his FG% goes down is that he was carry the wolves for so long and in his post season runs he was taking more attempts due to lack of a reliable second option
    When did he injure his knee? In '09 right? I am pretty sure I only brought up one playoff series that was post knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    KG would never play in a way where his effort is questioned the way Lebron did against the Celtics in 2010 and the Mavs in 2011. He might not always be able to step his game up, but you can never question his effort.
    That wasn't why LeBron reminded me of KG......and there is a reason why I said "somewhat" and not exactly.

Another reason why LeBron reminded me somewhat of KG is how neither were given crap for their failures in their first teams. They both honestly did deserve some flack during that time period, not a whole lot, but some.

Madonna is such a horrible person that I regret spanking it to her during her "Like a Virgin" phase.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

With all due respect to Lebron, this is an insult to KG. Yeah he had a few seasons paired with Casell & Sprewell, but come on now, he hardly a stacked team that was predicted to win it all during exhibition. I can almost guarantee that. Same can't be said for Lebron.

KG, especially in Minnesota was a bad, bad man. Straight ferocious and easily the most ntimidating skinny guy EVER in the NBA.

Oh yeah, and remember Lebron dancing on the sidelines, in pink, totally disrespecting his competition and the league itself? Well that right alone should've prevented you from making this thread.