Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: How much would Kobe average in Wilt's era?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    If he wanted to? What if someone wanted to stop him?
    and who would stop him?

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    and who would stop him?
    A Time Machine muhphugga or the civil rights movement.

It's no secret that 6"6 baylor averaged 20 rpg in one season....
    Because height is the only thing that matters...So, I guess Tom Sanders would be able to grab 18 rpg in he played in the 90's. If Rodman could, why not Sanders? Not to mention that they played in pretty much the same positions, while Baylor and Kobe didn't.
    Seems like only extreme examples like this can provide a few glimpses of logic to some people, but, alas, only to argue these examples and not in order to re-think their own ones.

Then again, you think Wilt would average less ppg than Zach Randolph or prime Ilgauskas or a bit more than a rookie Yao Ming and Russell less rebounds than Kris Humphries, so your other """"""estimations"""""" come as no surprise.

and who would stop him?

Made that high school varsity squad

Kobe that grew up in the 90s and played in the 2000s? Probably something like 40-8-8 50%

Kobe that grows up in Wilt's era? Probably something like 20-4-4 45% FG (this is without the three point line and assuming that Jordan never existed).

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Because height is the only thing that matters...So, I guess Tom Sanders would be able to grab 18 rpg in he played in the 90's. If Rodman could, why not Sanders? Not to mention that they played in pretty much the same positions, while Baylor and Kobe didn't.
    Seems like only extreme examples like this can provide a few glimpses of logic to some people, but, alas, only to argue these examples and not in order to re-think their own ones.

Then again, you think Wilt would average less ppg than Zach Randolph or prime Ilgauskas or a bit more than a rookie Yao Ming and Russell less rebounds than Kris Humphries, so your other """"""estimations"""""" come as no surprise.
    If you don't think it is at least possible for kobe to avg 20 rpg for a season (if he made a point of crashing the boards on a nightly basis) then i pity you.

guys like you make me laugh. you are clearly stuck in the past and don't want to admit how much basketball has progressed since the 60s...

remember, i said "assuming he would play almost identically, without the hindsight of former eras and play a normal number of minutes". if wilt was born in the 80s he would be approaching shaqs numbers im sure...
    Last edited by oolalaa; 08-26-2011 at 11:24 PM.

If you don't think it is at least possible for kobe to avg 20 rpg for a season (if he made a point of crashing the boards on a nightly basis) then i pity you.
    What if Baylor made a point to crash the boards ever night, he'd have Wilt numbers. And what if Wilt did every night, He'd average about 35 boards a game.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    What if Baylor made a point to crash the boards ever night, he'd have Wilt numbers. And what if Wilt did every night, He'd average about 35 boards a game.
    35 boards a game?

By all accounts, baylor was a tenacious rebounder. you're telling me me that he wasn't really 'trying' or crashing the boards when he averaged 20 rpg?

and wilt was PLANTED UNDER THE BOARDS EVERY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! 'crashing' was hardly required
    Last edited by oolalaa; 08-26-2011 at 11:38 PM.

I usually hit open layups

50 ppg

Did not know we had so many seniors posting on ISH...

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    i was thinking more of who would guard him off the dribble? no doubt russell would have made it tough for him to score once he got to the rim...

National High School Star

He'd average 46 ppg, 11 rpg, 9.4 apg, on 53%

His high school stats were 30.8 points, 12 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 4.0 steals, and 3.8 blocked shots

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Is this a joke?

100/100/100 without breaking a sweat.

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Like Kobe would have listened.
    THIS .

Im saying: you get a time machine and put Kobe back in the 50s 60s 70s, dude is putting up Wilt numbers with more points..

He doesnt get Wilts insane boards or blocks.. I think once Kobe comes in, the players will adjust to his style and eventually catch on to provide atleast SOME defense

But he probably averages 65 ppgs / 8 rb/ 11 ass... maybe 70 ppg. .defintely a few 90 and PROBABLY a 100 pt game just so Kobe could match Wilt the way he tries to match Shaq.

i was thinking more of who would guard him off the dribble? no doubt russell would have made it tough for him to score once he got to the rim...
    Russell never wore #16. Tom Sanders is among the top defensive forwards in NBA history.

"He's the best, no question about it. A lot of guys are down on that end of the court just killing time. But defense is bread and butter to Satch, and he never forgets it for a second. I have a real hard time getting free from him to get the ball. One reason is because he plays me with his hands. His hands are always on me, feeling so he knows where I am. At the same time, his eyes are on the ball."

-Chet Walker

Tri City Herald - Apr 20, 1965

However if we are referring to a younger Kobe then other options may be K.C Jones and my favorite, Wali Jones.