Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Drazen Petrovic is the best shooter ever played in NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Couldn'shoot at a NBA level? lol what? How exactly is shooting any different regardless of where you play?
    And don't even try to say the defenders are better blah blah cause if you ever saw Heal you'd know getting blocked wasn't even close to an issue.
    At that time the NBA had the shortest 3pt line in the world, if anything shooting in the NBA is easier than anywhere else....

If shooting in the NBA is not any different and "easier" than anywhere else, then why the fuc[COLOR="Black"]k[/COLOR] did Shane Heal shoot under 30% from the field?

The dude could not shoot at the NBA level period. If you do not know why shooting in the NBA is different (because apparently you've never watched the NBA?), you should ask your buddy Shane Heal what's so different about it. Since he is the one who's shooting percentage dropped 20 percentage points when he went there.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

To be fair, Heal did set a Wolves record of most threes made in a quarter (not sure if it still stands though).

Having said that, he should be nowhere near a "best NBA shooters of all-time" discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

If shooting in the NBA is not any different and "easier" than anywhere else, then why the fuc[COLOR="Black"]k[/COLOR] did Shane Heal shoot under 30% from the field?

The dude could not shoot at the NBA level period. If you do not know why shooting in the NBA is different (because apparently you've never watched the NBA?), you should ask your buddy Shane Heal what's so different about it. Since he is the one who's shooting percentage dropped 20 percentage points when he went there.
    Clear case of someone looking at just the stats. Never even saw him did you.
    In games where he played decent minutes and took a good number of shots he was shooting around 45% from 3pt range, virtually the only shots he took.
    Games where he played 5 or so minutes and took 1 or 2 shots dragged the % way down.
    Here I'll even make it easy for you:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

If given a steady 15mins a night those career percentages would be WAY higher.
    Did he deserve those minutes? I don't think so no, all he could do was shoot.
    And for the record I don't now/never did like Heal, hated him infact. But I watched him torch enough teams to know he could shoot the lights out.

Clear case of someone looking at just the stats. Never even saw him did you.
    In games where he played decent minutes and took a good number of shots he was shooting around 45% from 3pt range, virtually the only shots he took.
    Games where he played 5 or so minutes and took 1 or 2 shots dragged the % way down.
    Here I'll even make it easy for you:

If given a steady 15mins a night those career percentages would be WAY higher.
    Did he deserve those minutes? I don't think so no, all he could do was shoot.
    And for the record I don't now/never did like Heal, hated him infact. But I watched him torch enough teams to know he could shoot the lights out.
    Really? You are using three games in a 50 game career as proof that he could shoot?

Going by your link Shane Heal played more than 15 minutes in a game four times, giving shooting performances of 0-8, 3-6, 1-5 and 2-5. The man was an awful shooter at the NBA level. I don't care what the reason was, it's the cold hard truth.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Really? You are using three games in a 50 game career as proof that he could shoot?

Going by your link Shane Heal played more than 15 minutes in a game four times, giving shooting performances of 0-8, 3-6, 1-5 and 2-5. The man was an awful shooter at the NBA level. I don't care what the reason was, it's the cold hard truth.
    Ahem:
    13mins 5-9
    12mins 3-5
    11mins 2-4
    12mins 2-5
    13mins 1-3
    15mins 1-4
    15mins 1-3
    14mins 1-2
    12mins 1-4

43% kinda ruins your cold hard truth don't it champ lol

Ahem:
    13mins 5-9
    12mins 3-5
    11mins 2-4
    12mins 2-5
    13mins 1-3
    15mins 1-4
    15mins 1-3
    14mins 1-2
    12mins 1-4

43% kinda ruins your cold hard truth don't it champ lol
    This is the factual list.

Stick to facts kid. He shot under 30% for his career. AWFUL by any standard.

I humored you and calculated his shooting in all the games he played over 10 minutes. It was still under 30%, he went 24-84 in games where he got significant burn. Surprise surprise. Awful shooter.
    Last edited by LJJ; 08-24-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Couldn'shoot at a NBA level? lol what? How exactly is shooting any different regardless of where you play?
    And don't even try to say the defenders are better blah blah cause if you ever saw Heal you'd know getting blocked wasn't even close to an issue.
    At that time the NBA had the shortest 3pt line in the world, if anything shooting in the NBA is easier than anywhere else....
    Ignore that LJJ guy. He is just a huge troll. His posts are ridiculous.

The Dream Team even said Heal was the best shooter that I had ever seen.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-24-2011 at 06:31 PM.