Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: So I'm watching Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals on NBA TV "Flu game"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Soooooo is he the GOAT PF, or 6th best center?
    IMO ... 6th best Center

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bsuLF0DqzU

Malone owning Duncan, Robinson and the Spurs. Jazz beat the Spurs 4 to 1 going up to the finals. Mailman is underrated here. He would destroy the league today and was better than prime Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bsuLF0DqzU

Malone owning Duncan, Robinson and the Spurs. Jazz beat the Spurs 4 to 1 going up to the finals. Mailman is underrated here. He would destroy the league today and was better than prime Dirk.
    Today's league? Karl Malone would be in jail for elbows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bM-Y...eature=related

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Hornacek looks like a white supremacist.
    what a ****ed up comment

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

His jumper was working there. If hes making jumpers hes unguardable. But problem is...he had just enough nights like that to try to shoot his way out of it when he was off. He had too much faith in his jumper and lost the physical dominance he had in his youth.

At times he shot jumpers like Dirk...and he was not Dirk....

Banned

Malone for whatever reason just decided to settle for jumpers in every playoffs. He never seemed to back down and fight to get a little closer to the basket on his fadeaways, but instead just loft it over the top.
    And yeah, he was a choker, but you can't ignore the 25 points he brought, his great passing, rebounding and defense. He was a great player, but he had his flaws, and in many ways relied on Sloan's system and Stockton more then any other MVP caliber player has relied on a system or another player to play the way he did.

Karl Malone was the dirtiest honky that ever played in the nba

cracka

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield

Banned

Those pics hilarious as hell

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Karl Malone was the dirtiest honky that ever played in the nba.
    cracka

pure comedy.

Karl was a shell of himself in the Finals both years. somehow the fittest guy in the NBA didnt appear to be fit enough or smart enough to sustain his play all the way into deep june basketball.

Local High School Star

You can tell by some of these posts that Karl Malone has become ridiculously underrated these days.

There's a false perception of him being a perennial chokeartist and someone who folded under pressure time and time again

People forget he suffered a hand injury in the WCF against Houston (he was tripped up Barkley and landed awkardly on his shooting hnad) this year which is why he shot like trash the rest of the playoffs. He was dominant against LA and did a good job guarding Shaq.

There were very few instances where Malone let the team down. I can only think of three. The game 7 against Seattle where the crowd got to him, one of the games in the Portland series the year he was MVP and the game 5 against Phoenix in 1990 where he played poorly at home and missed a bunch of FTs.

More often than not, Karl did not get enough support nor the adequate spacing to work around especially before the Hornacek days. Jeff Malone was as one-dimensional as ever and didn't really have range up to three.

I have maintained Stockton did not look for his shot enough and often gets overlooked when analyzing Utah's failures.

Nobody remembers Karl's big games or the monster performances like him destroying Buck Williams and Portland in 1992, they lost because Porter just owned Stockton.

Nobody remembers him helping the Jazz come down from 3-1 against Seattle in 1996 to force game 7.

Nobody remembers him destroying David Robinson and the Spurs or his big game 5 against Chicago in 1998 to force game 6. N

obody remembers that terrific game 6 he had, either except for the Jordan steal, of course. What happened earlier is totally ignored for some reason. Bulls got two lucky ass calls to go their way so it should have never come down to the Jordan shot but w/e.

I would have honestly like to seen a prime Karl matched up with Duncan because I think Malone would win that match up more often than not even if he doesn't play fair and square which I think we all know he won't.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    All I have to say is Karl Malone is an absolute choker. During the 4th quarter in crunch time he just looked timid, he was taking 20 foot shots that were no where near to going in, with 15 sec left, Utah was down & Chicago had possession, Utah needs to foul, but Karl Malone doesn't foul when he had the chance to do so, this results in an easy dunk for Chicago. Game Over.

I was watching the flu game right now and was just about to start a thread on this too. good thing i googled and found out you and i thought of the exact same thing.

it is insane how big a f*ck up taht was on Malone's part. just standing there not fouling even though they were down 1 with 20 seconds to go... good god.

Jordan's great, but sh*t, perhaps Utah lost this one due to Malone's weak ass more than Bulls took this one.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar