Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Bruce Blitz'a Top 50 Players of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    No ... you are ... that's why you feel its awkward when you see the fluffed up stats at the end.

He's like the kid who writes a 1/2 page paper, but the minimum requirement is 2 pages at least.

So he "fluffs" it up ... says the same thing over and over in different ways with no new legitimate and strong information added to the paper.

And at the end, it's two pages.

Well, at least I'm not the only one

I think that's his list from last year, he said that he would move Kobe up, I forgot at what position, but significantly I think, if he had won the Finals this year. But considering Kobe's getting sweepead, Bruceblitz probably dropped him a few spots.

Who the fukk is Bruce Blitz

You don't take exception with Oscar being in the top ten?

The underrating of Oscar Robertson here is flat out nonsense, as NOBODY here with the exception of like one or two people here ever SAW him actualy play. I never saw him either, or Wilt, Russell, etc., so I can only go by what older folks say and they swear by Oscar.
    Sure all the ISH stathounds will say, "He only has one title as a sidekick, never as the man, empty stats, blah, blah, blah..."

But, Ill take these guys words who played against/coached against, etc. (Havlichek, Auerbach, Chuck Daly, Satch Sanders, Jerry West; pretty great basketball minds...)

Watch below from 1:15-2:00.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4piRZ8_7GY

And West adds a "Period."

As far as Blitz's list, I would switch Hakeem and Shaq, and also Kobe and The Mailman...but other than that, it's not bad at all really...everybody's will always be slightly different...
    Last edited by BIZARRO; 06-18-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    The underrating of Oscar Robertson here is flat out nonsense, as NOBODY here with the exception of like one or two people here ever SAW him actualy play. I never saw him either, or Wilt, Russell, etc., so I can only go by what older folks say and they swear by Oscar.
    Sure all the ISH stathounds will say, "He only has one title as a sidekick, never as the man, empty stats, blah, blah, blah..."

But, Ill take these guys words who played against/coached against, etc. (Havlichek, Auerbach, Chuck Daly, Satch Sanders, Jerry West; pretty great basketball minds...)

Watch below from 1:15-2:00.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4piRZ8_7GY

And West adds a "Period."

As far as Blitz's list, I would switch Hakeem and Shaq, and also Kobe and The Mailman...but other than that, it's not bad at all really...everybody's will always be slightly different...
    **** outta here, please. John Wooden said Kobe is the GOAT; he's seen more basketball than anybody else on here combined and probably knows it better than anyone else too. You agree with that opinion? How about Jerry West saying LeBron surpassed Kobe in 09 and then going on to say Kobe is better (as well as being the GOAT Laker). Players/coaches say lots of stuff in the heat of the moment, for a reaction (looking at Shaq and Barkley) and end up contradicting themselves. Their opinions don't mean much since there's so many biases involved.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    **** outta here, please. John Wooden said Kobe is the GOAT; he's seen more basketball than anybody else on here combined and probably knows it better than anyone else too. You agree with that opinion? How about Jerry West saying LeBron surpassed Kobe in 09 and then going on to say Kobe is better (as well as being the GOAT Laker). Players/coaches say lots of stuff in the heat of the moment, for a reaction (looking at Shaq and Barkley) and end up contradicting themselves. Their opinions don't mean much since there's so many biases involved.
    Sorry man, when West says "He's the greatest player I ever played against, period." It means something.

I'm not saying he is THE greatest. Neither of us know that. I'm just saying to take exception to Oscar being in the top ten is just off. He may not even be in the top ten for all we know. But to take exception to someone saying it is nonsense, considering no one here saw him play, and because so many of these older guys speak EXTRAORDINARILY highly of him as THE best from back then.

Chuck Daly's comments in particular mean something as that guy is nails.

Why not just place kobe at #38 or somethign like that. Not like your agenda isn't already blantaly obvious.

Bruce Blitz Fails (Once again)

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    Sorry man, when West says "He's the greatest player I ever played against, period." It means something.

I'm not saying he is THE greatest. Neither of us know that. I'm just saying to take exception to Oscar being in the top ten is just off. He may not even be in the top ten for all we know. But to take exception to someone saying it is nonsense, considering no one here saw him play, and because so many of these older guys speak EXTRAORDINARILY highly of him as THE best from back then.

Chuck Daly's comments in particular mean something as that guy is nails.
    Jerry West has also said Wilt is the greatest player ever.
    "You just don't think things like this are going to happen to people of his stature," echoed Jerry West, the Lakers executive who played against Chamberlain for many years, then with him on the great '72 Lakers squad.

"He was the most unbelievable center to ever play the game in terms of domination and intimidation. There's no one that's ever played the game better than Wilt Chamberlain. This was a man for all ages."

So, which quote do you believe? Does that not nullify the statement he made about Robertson? Not the only time West has contradicted himself. See his statements about LeBron and Kobe.

Point being everything these coaches, players ect say is probably meant to be taken with a grain of salt. You want to say Oscar is great, use something else to back it up. I really don't care where Oscar is ranked to be honest. I think it's stupid to use the quote game. Players within Oscar's era are naturally going to prop him up since they're still stuck back in the day and can't give credit to future generations.

Cali Love

at Oscar over Shaq and TD. And another for Wilt over Magic and Bird.

How were these rankings done?

Why is Neil Johnston at #35?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    How were these rankings done?

Why is Neil Johnston at #35?
    here is the explanation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxPOV...8A54BB645AA946

I hit 30-footers

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    at Oscar over Shaq and TD. And another for Wilt over Magic and Bird.
    Larry Bird wasn't afraid to fight folks.

owwwww

No ... you are ... that's why you feel its awkward when you see the fluffed up stats at the end.

He's like the kid who writes a 1/2 page paper, but the minimum requirement is 2 pages at least.

So he "fluffs" it up ... says the same thing over and over in different ways with no new legitimate and strong information added to the paper.

And at the end, it's two pages.
    His rebounding average has always been overrated. He's the king of cleaning up easy rebounds on the defensive glass. His offensive rebound numbers (the rebounds you actually have to fight for) have always been pathetic. Rose had more offensive rebounds than him this season, same with Westbrook, Rondo etc etc...fukk Steve Nash in his prime was almost getting as many as LeBron does. Took the dude over two freaking weeks to grab his first offensive rebound this season.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    His rebounding average has always been overrated. He's the king of cleaning up easy rebounds on the defensive glass. His offensive rebound numbers (the rebounds you actually have to fight for) have always been pathetic. Rose had more offensive rebounds than him this season, same with Westbrook, Rondo etc etc...fukk Steve Nash in his prime was almost getting as many as LeBron does. Took the dude over two freaking weeks to grab his first offensive rebound this season.
    Actually, I remember thinking he was padding his rebounding numbers during game 6 vs Boston in 2010 in particular. Haven't seen the game since, but I'll have to keep more of an eye on that next time I watch that game.

Banned

Lebron isn't as good at rebounding as the stats suggest but saying you don't have to fight for defensive rebounds is kind of stupid.