Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Bruce Blitz'a Top 50 Players of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    No, but he filled a lot of stat columns. I legit believe LeBron is a fluffer of his stats. Oscar probably was too. He wasn't a winner, either.
    Pretty much the way I look at it too. While I believe James' is a beast and one of the greatest players in the world, watching his games, especially in those Finals, was like watching a role player going through the motions... After the game you look at the statsheet/boxscores and see the guy actually had a triple double

The guy had no f'ing impact when it mattered most.

Saw a basketball once

You can definitely make the case of Dream over Shaq. Lmao at how Oscar, K. Malone, Petit, DROB, Barkley, and Dr. are all ranked over Kobe.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Pretty much the way I look at it too. While I believe James' is a beast and one of the greatest players in the world, watching his games, especially in those Finals, was like watching a role player going through the motions... After the game you look at the statsheet/boxscores and see the guy had actually had a triple double

Exactly.

And his stans will run and tell you "OMG ... zoiks ... he had a triple dub in the Finals !!!"

Really?

Because I didn't read the box score, I watched the game ... and he had LITTLE to NO impact on the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Oscar won a total of 2 playoff series when he was the man, I believe and thats around a decade...with just 2 playoff series wins.

West was at least contending every year, won a title as arguably the best player(or certainly closer to Wilt than Oscar was to Kareem), would have won in '69 had Wilt and Baylor showed up at all, and this is legit considering West won finals MVP on the losing team in a close 7 game series.
    Yeah, but West had Elgin Baylor who was better then him for quite a bit of their careers so it's not exactly fair to compare them like that.
    And winning 2 playoff series doesn't mean much, especially when there were only 2 or three rounds in the playoffs for most of his career.

7-time NBA All-Star

Pretty much the way I look at it too. While I believe James' is a beast and one of the greatest players in the world, watching his games, especially in those Finals, was like watching a role player going through the motions... After the game you look at the statsheet/boxscores and see the guy actually had a triple double

Actually, it's funny because he had what you'd think was a monster triple double in game 6 vs Boston last year(27/19/10), but when I was watching that game, I never thought he was having a good game. I've seen people cite that statline since then as Lebron showing up, but to me when they do that, it's clear that they didn't watch the game. And it's funny that they'll cite the stats that make it look positive, but overlook the 9 turnovers or 8/21 shooting.

I hit 30-footers

Oscar won a total of 2 playoff series when he was the man, I believe and thats around a decade...with just 2 playoff series wins.

West was at least contending every year, won a title as arguably the best player(or certainly closer to Wilt than Oscar was to Kareem), would have won in '69 had Wilt and Baylor showed up at all, and this is legit considering West won finals MVP on the losing team in a close 7 game series.

Saw a basketball once

That 2010 series still baffles me to the day. You just recover the homecourt advantageby shredding the Celtics D with a dominant 38 point game 3; then, you just stop playing and dish out 3 lackluster efforts in a row. He had 9 turnovers in game 6, but people tend to forge that he turned the ball over 7 times in game 4. I also believe that four of them came in the critical fourth quarter where the game and the 3-1 series lead was for the taking...just head-scratching

I hit 30-footers

ShaqAttack are you positive Wilt didn't actually DOMINATE Russell on the boards 83-16 in the first half, while OUTSCORING him 22-6?

Quote Originally Posted by Bring-Your-Js
    ShaqAttack are you positive Wilt didn't actually DOMINATE Russell on the boards 83-16 in the first half, while OUTSCORING him 22-6?
    I'm hoping you typo'd

Or Wilt is the GOAT.

Actually, it's funny because he had what you'd think was a monster triple double in game 6 vs Boston last year(27/19/10), but when I was watching that game, I never thought he was having a good game. I've seen people cite that statline since then as Lebron showing up, but to me when they do that, it's clear that they didn't watch the game. And it's funny that they'll cite the stats that make it look positive, but overlook the 9 turnovers or 8/21 shooting.
    27/19/10? Damn.. I knew he had a TD, but not almost a 20/20 game

But yeah, thought the same thing last year as well. Crazy thing about it is, LeBron is the only player I feel that way about. Like his stats don't necessarily match whats happening.

You're watching, but your eyes just don't see it.

Root Of All Evil

It's always been about context, dude

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    It's always been about context, dude
    True, good point. I don't know guys, maybe its just me though? I'm probably not watching the aspects of the game I should be.

Root Of All Evil

True, good point. I don't know guys, maybe its just me though? I'm probably not watching the aspects of the game I should be.
    No ... you are ... that's why you feel its awkward when you see the fluffed up stats at the end.

He's like the kid who writes a 1/2 page paper, but the minimum requirement is 2 pages at least.

So he "fluffs" it up ... says the same thing over and over in different ways with no new legitimate and strong information added to the paper.

And at the end, it's two pages.

That's a very biased list right there.
    No one should take that clown seriously.

Kobe is a legit top 10 right now. Wade can go ahead of LeBron. Dirk just one spot behind Kobe? Ok. Bill Russell and Wilt should swap spots. Tim Shaq and Kobe all have legit cases over Oscar.
    [COLOR="Black"]Just a really F[/COLOR]ucked up list in general.

Like his stats don't necessarily match whats happening.

Kevin Love in a nutshell