Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Lets face it Dwight Howard will be a L.A Lakers player next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Where would Dwight Howard go? WHat teams would have cap room for him?

New Jersey? Cleveland? Ya ok brah

LA, New York, Chicago, Miami, Dallas..none of these teams have cap room.

And it doesn't really matter, OKC will own the West for the next decade regardless. Hey at least you can still relieve the glory days of overrated chucker Kome

did you forget the melo drama this year? he got traded to the knicks cuz he wasn't going to sign with anyone else. he forced denver to trade him to new york. same thing will happen to dwight.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool4ever
    this is like melo and ny knicks. dwight only goes to the lakers, otherwise he won't sign a long term deal. i guess this can turn out to be like lebron leaving cleveland for nothing.
    , it was not for nothing brah., thats too much talent to let go.

The Cleveland Cavaliers agreed to a sign-and-trade deal with the Miami Heat to acquire the rights to five future draft picks and receive a traded player exception for free-agent forward LeBron James, Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant announced today. Per team and league policy, terms of the contract were not released.

"This deal provides us with multiple key assets and additional flexibility as we move forward for both the short term and beyond," said Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant.

Cleveland now owns two of Miami's first-round draft picks starting no earlier than 2013 and continuing through 2017, the Heat's 2012 second-round pick from New Orleans, and the future second-round pick Miami acquired from Oklahoma City. Additionally, Cleveland will have the right to swap 2012 first-round picks with the Heat. The trade also gives Cleveland a very large trade exception, which the Cavaliers can now use in trades within one calendar year.

So, to summarize the trade -

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    , it was not for nothing brah., thats too much talent to let go.

my bad. 2 first round picks near the bottom of the round like picks #29 is great along with trade exceptions. and a few 2nd round picks.

Lakers?
    Wall gonna be oopin to Howard all day

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor
    Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. The leagues best teams, are walking into a trap, as is that Rebel trio. It was I who allowed the Lakers to get swept by Dallas. They are quite safe from those pitiful little teams from now on. An entire legion of my best lakers executives awaits Dwight Howards free agency. Oh, I'm afraid the Lakers will be collecting trophies for the next 10 years...

Decent playground baller sodapop's Avatar

Nope, Dwight will not be a Laker. The Lakers have nothing to offer Orlando, no trading chips or draft picks. Secondly, Phil Jackson retired. How can the Lakers promise a championship without a tested coach guiding the team? New coach means rebuilding mentally. I don't think Dwight would want to be around that atmosphere. Third, the lockout. If the $45/50 hard cap is introduced, placed, finalized, definitely, 100% certain Dwight will not be a Laker. It's either the NYC, New Orleans, San Antonio, Oklahoma City or Boston. Especially the Knicks or Boston. The only way the Lakers can pick up Dwight is through a three way trade. However I don't see anyone big marketing team desperate in picking up Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom or Ron Artest. It would be a huge risk.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 824
    Shit just got real

c'mon man, post the gif too

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. The leagues best teams, are walking into a trap, as is that Rebel trio. It was I who allowed the Lakers to get swept by Dallas. They are quite safe from those pitiful little teams from now on. An entire legion of my best lakers executives awaits Dwight Howards free agency. Oh, I'm afraid the Lakers will be collecting trophies for the next 10 years...
    Well done.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

quoting from the classic starwars trilogy will get you nowhere on ISH. Most these kids werent even born yet.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    He's like.. "WTF am I doin in a wizards jersy??!!"

#HEATNATION

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    He has no power. Why doesn't anyone realize this?

Yeah he can walk in free agency. cool! but unless you get a rising star under a long term contract, and the other team is willing to take a bad contract...you don't trade him.

And LA isn't taking Hedo or Arenas. Worse comes to worse, you let Richardson walk this year, let Dwight walk next year, and then the year after that Jameer, Redick, Bass, and Q-rich's deals are off the cap and you can start to really rebuild. And then the next season Gilbert's is gone.

He can't force his way to LA, unless Bynum is willing to go to Orlando because it makes no sense to trade for a guy who's just going to walk, and like I said they're not taking a bad contract. Lakers fans are just wishful thinking on this one.

YOU DUMB BRAH?

Local High School Star Magic Vinsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CP_Hornet
    Lakers have the assets.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Where would Dwight Howard go? WHat teams would have cap room for him?

New Jersey? Cleveland? Ya ok brah

LA, New York, Chicago, Miami, Dallas..none of these teams have cap room.

And it doesn't really matter, OKC will own the West for the next decade regardless. Hey at least you can still relieve the glory days of overrated chucker Kome
    La clippers, dwight and Blake = ultimate rebounding duo

I rule the local playground Semi's Avatar

I think he will land in LA. They have a history of beeing able to build around a superstar and win championships. If everything plays out like the Melo-drama, which means he decides where to go, than it will be LA.
    What other options would Dwight consider? I think he is a guy who likes to be in a big market team with the spotlight and also warm weather. So I guess there goes the Chicago and OKC theory. Who else do we've got? I don't think Miami trades anything a year into its project. Even though they would be better off with a big man instead of two guards who are superstars.
    So there only stands LA. And you know they can pull something like this off. They almost enterly through their history had the most dominating center of the league. History shows.