Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Lets face it Dwight Howard will be a L.A Lakers player next season.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Bynum has health issues. He's also not on par with Dwight in any way. Odom is a 31 year old 6th man. Orlando can have better deals with other teams. He is the best center in the NBA after all.
    Sure...other teams may make stronger offers, but Howard has to APPROVE those deals (i.e. be willing to sign with that team). So there are really not many teams.
    Seriously, the best trade they can get, and a team Howard would have to consider...the Heat.... Lebron for Howard straight up.

I hit 30-footers

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    This is actually pretty funny.
    Its ****in great. So long as its not over done.

I rule the local playground

Let's all face it: this all depends on the new CBA.
    Supposedly, the owners would like to restrict sign and trades and if that happens, the whole scenario of going to an already top level team is out of the window.

Ironically, this would make the creation of superteams more difficult, but at the same time, the current crop of superteams (Celtics, Lakers, Heat) has been a driving force in the renewed interest in the NBA.

Maybe the NBA shouldn't go the route of "same cap for all teams" but instead do something similar to the UEFA's "financial fair play" rules, which basically says any team can only spend as much money as it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by brain drain
    Let's all face it: this all depends on the new CBA.
    Supposedly, the owners would like to restrict sign and trades and if that happens, the whole scenario of going to an already top level team is out of the window.

Ironically, this would make the creation of superteams more difficult, but at the same time, the current crop of superteams (Celtics, Lakers, Heat) has been a driving force in the renewed interest in the NBA.

Maybe the NBA shouldn't go the route of "same cap for all teams" but instead do something similar to the UEFA's "financial fair play" rules, which basically says any team can only spend as much money as it makes.
    doubt this rule u talk about goes into effect the first year if the new cba.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Sorry but the heat already spoiled the party for ya'll.. No more super teams. Once the CBA is settled, there will be long sad faces.

Local High School Star

Jim Buss loves Bynum too much to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor
    Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. The leagues best teams, are walking into a trap, as is that Rebel trio. It was I who allowed the Lakers to get swept by Dallas. They are quite safe from those pitiful little teams from now on. An entire legion of my best lakers executives awaits Dwight Howards free agency. Oh, I'm afraid the Lakers will be collecting trophies for the next 10 years...
    Shit just got fictional.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    doubt this rule u talk about goes into effect the first year if the new cba.
    In fact, this would be on of the first rules to go into effect, because it has long term effects on team expenses, driving them upward.

What would be phased in is the cap. That would probably go down gradually over a few years, because there's no way how teams like Lakers, Celtics, Mavs can get there in one offseason.

But sign and trades could be done away with immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Noof
    Jim Buss loves Bynum too much to trade him.
    he would love him even more if he was the piece that helped bring Dwight to LA. He is trying to be taken serious in the Laker organization, if he vetos a deal for Dwight because he likes Bynum his daddy will backhand the stupid off of him.

Orlando aint trading Dwight, unless they get a crazy good offer, and anything the Lakers offer aint gonna be good enough. I got 10 bucks that says they are the team trying to get the whole "franchise tag" in the new CBA. They can always work a S&T if all else fails, not many teams will have the cap room and be a legit contender next year

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    he would love him even more if he was the piece that helped bring Dwight to LA. He is trying to be taken serious in the Laker organization, if he vetos a deal for Dwight because he likes Bynum his daddy will backhand the stupid off of him.

Orlando aint trading Dwight, unless they get a crazy good offer, and anything the Lakers offer aint gonna be good enough. I got 10 bucks that says they are the team trying to get the whole "franchise tag" in the new CBA. They can always work a S&T if all else fails, not many teams will have the cap room and be a legit contender next year
    I agree with you on this.

Michael Jordan of ISH

ITT: Delusional Lakers fans

If OKC or the Bulls want Dwight Howard, there is a 0% chance he ends up in Los Angeles. Well actually Miami could get him too if they offered LeBron.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    ITT: Delusional Lakers fans

If OKC or the Bulls want Dwight Howard, there is a 0% chance he ends up in Los Angeles. Well actually Miami could get him too if they offered LeBron.
    Actually, delusional is believing that Dwight Howard would sign a long term extension in a city he has no interest in living in. You think he wants to spend 8 months out of the year in OKC? Chicago maybe. OKC no chance.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Actually, delusional is believing that Dwight Howard would sign a long term extension in a city he has no interest in living in. You think he wants to spend 8 months out of the year in OKC? Chicago maybe. OKC no chance.
    Where would Dwight Howard go? WHat teams would have cap room for him?

New Jersey? Cleveland? Ya ok brah

LA, New York, Chicago, Miami, Dallas..none of these teams have cap room.

And it doesn't really matter, OKC will own the West for the next decade regardless. Hey at least you can still relieve the glory days of overrated chucker Kome

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Bynum has health issues. He's also not on par with Dwight in any way. Odom is a 31 year old 6th man. Orlando can have better deals with other teams. He is the best center in the NBA after all.
    this is like melo and ny knicks. dwight only goes to the lakers, otherwise he won't sign a long term deal. i guess this can turn out to be like lebron leaving cleveland for nothing.

delusional