Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This is where it went wrong for LeBron in Cleveland

His rookie year, when the team traded Ricky Davis and Darius Miles so that they wouldn't "poison" LeBron with their immature tomfoolery.

What if they kept those guys? Maybe Davis and Miles would still be in the league. Maybe they would have become all stars playing off LeBron.

LeBron never played with a more talented guy in Cleveland than Ricky Davis. THERE I SAID IT.

Default Re: This is where it went wrong for LeBron in Cleveland

I don't know about that Johnny. I would go as far as saying an over the hill, banged up Jameson was still more talented then Ricky. Davis was a gifted player but he suffered from JR. Smith syndrome in terms of not having an adequate IQ to put it all together like a fine tuned piano...

Chicago Sun-Times - Dec 21, 2003

"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score,"
    Davis said. "I thought we were going to be a one-two tandem. But I guess I was wrong. Unlike some people think I really loved the kid. So I'm now running behind Paul Pierce. That should get me more open shots."

lebron is proving that he needs something more than wade and bosh, the most talent players he will play with.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA

"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score,"
    Davis said. "I thought we were going to be a one-two tandem. But I guess I was wrong. Unlike some people think I really loved the kid. So I'm now running behind Paul Pierce. That should get me more open shots."
    Wrong Rim Ricky doe like

"they wouldn't poison LeBron with their immatureness"

now I wonder who LEBRON would actually poison...

He ended up being a complete douche precisely for recieving this special treatment all of his life.

he needs new friends

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    "they wouldn't poison LeBron with their immatureness"

now I wonder who LEBRON would actually poison...

He ended up being a complete douche precisely for recieving this special treatment all of his life.
    thats a damn lie anyway. I remember several Cavs players saying how annoying and immature Lebron was then. Its no coincidence Davis, Boozer , ect. didnt want to play with him

f*ck Cleveland. Those guys think they own Lebron.

I'm thinking for all of Lebron's bullshit Ricky Davis would not have been the answer. "Lebron is an asshole, maybe he would have turned out different if he was exposed to more other assholes!" Makes sense...

Ricky Davis... Jamison... Dwayne Wade, it doesn't matter. His track record in the finals speaks for itself regardless of who's the player playing next to him.

I loved that quote from Ricky, dude had a massive ego. He was really immature back on those days, there were reports that him and Pierce didn't get along and Ricky would undermine Paul's attempts to be a team leader.

But the reason Lebron is the way he is, because coaches all coddled him since he was 8 years old. His supreme gifts allow him to skate during practice instead of go hard and get better, and no one called him on it. If he was coached by a Larry Brown or Jerry Sloan or Paul Silas (who got fired because he wanted to be tough with Lebron) he would be a more composed ball player. He gets rattled when something doesn't go his way.

NBA Superstar

Does anyone have a direct link to this story? It seems legit with Chicago Sun-Times sourcing and a specific date but it's almost so unbelievable that I'm afraid it's somehow not legit.

Then again, I guess LeBron's "Crazy court vision" angle when he first arrived on the NBA scene, playing a lot of point guard until Jeff McInnis showed up, would make the quote at least a tiny bit more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Does anyone have a direct link to this story? It seems legit with Chicago Sun-Times sourcing and a specific date but it's almost so unbelievable that I'm afraid it's somehow not legit.

Then again, I guess LeBron's "Crazy court vision" angle when he first arrived on the NBA scene, playing a lot of point guard until Jeff McInnis showed up, would make the quote at least a tiny bit more believable.
    I remember hearing that quote back then. It was right after they traded Ricky Davis to Boston.

I like to take shots at Lebald but damn that is some first rate delusion by Ricky Davis. The kid Lebron only another addition to help Davis score