Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default No Dwight Howard Magic extension

Dwight Howard reaffirmed his desire to stay with the Magic, but told NBA.com on Monday that he will definitely become a free agent rather than sign an extension in the next year and also left open the possibility he would reconsider his future in Orlando if the team does not win the title next season. Speaking during a break at the adidas Eurocamp as part of a tour of the continent for the shoe company, Howard joked with reporters at a news conference and appeared in good spirits. NBA.com

In a one-on-one interview afterward, though, Howard made it clear he is not happy with the collective personality of Orlando's roster and that changes need to be made. The same message, he said, was delivered to owner Rich DeVos and CEO Bob Vander Weide in a meeting last week that included Howard sharing thoughts on everything from personnel to fan involvement and arena atmosphere at home games. NBA.com
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-13-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Default Re: Dwight Howard announces he will NOT sign extension with Magic. Will test FA next os.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_876195.html

There is a Huffington Sports link. Don't see ESPN link, just saw it on ESPN.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Howard announces he will NOT sign extension with Magic. Will test FA next os.

He's just like Lebron was. Acts like he's insanely loyal, says all the right things, shoots down rumors.. when he DOES have intent to leave or at least consider it. I respect Melo for flat out being a man and saying he wanted out of Denver and wanted NY no matter what.

Decent playground baller

Lol, his comments earlier asking why were the Orlando newspapers trying to push him out just sound silly now.

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He's just like Lebron was. Acts like he's insanely loyal, says all the right things, shoots down rumors.. when he DOES have intent to leave or at least consider it. I respect Melo for flat out being a man and saying he wanted out of Denver and wanted NY no matter what.
    This.

Local High School Star Magic Vinsanity's Avatar

He'll get traded before he reaches free agency. Orlando cant risk another Shaq disaster.

I hate LeBrick, but if Orlando has to trade him and Miami were interested, I think its the only fair trade with Orlando getting something of equal value.

I dont want to hear about Andrew f*cking Bynum who only plays 12 games were year and Pau '197 years old' Gasol. That shit isnt equal, those guys are trash in comparison.

To me, this announcement is a virtual trade demand. He could've kept it quiet and made people wonder but he left no room for wonder. He is going to look for greener pastures, so why not give that to him now and get something back?

Quote Originally Posted by Wordup
    Lol, his comments earlier asking why were the Orlando newspapers trying to push him out just sound silly now.
    It's an excuse.. so IF he does leave he can blame fans and the newspapers. He's in the same boat as Lebron. Which is funny considering how he bagged on Lebron's decision. Now he's talking about bailing to win somewhere else. Fu**ing douche.

Decent playground baller vitamink420's Avatar

Ups to Howard for at least giving them the heads-up. I really hope the Magic find some way to talk him into staying on after next season though. Any teams want Gilbert Arenas or Turkoglu?

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
    He'll get traded before he reaches free agency. Orlando cant risk another Shaq disaster.

I hate LeBrick, but if Orlando has to trade him and Miami were interested, I think its the only fair trade with Orlando getting something of equal value.

I dont want to hear about Andrew f*cking Bynum who only plays 12 games were year and Pau '197 years old' Gasol. That shit isnt equal, those guys are trash in comparison.
    LA aren't giving you Gasol & Bynum and if they did you should be ****ing thrilled.

What part of losing him for nothing do you not understand?
    Right now, all I'm hearing is Dwight wants to play for either LA or NY. His fiance lives in Los Angeles and she is actually trying to convince him to play in California.

2nd; no team will give you a better offer then say Bynum & Odom. Because no team will take a chance at throwing the bus for Dwight and him not wanting to play there anyways.

Do you understand that? Do you understand your team is in a tough position and getting Bynum & Odom is probably the best offer you'll get. Unless you want Anthony & Amare (for instance) and I doubt NY will do that. They might offer Amare, picks and some young player.

Michael Jordan of ISH

It'll be a S&T to wherever Orlando can get the best package and wherever Dwight can win a ring for multiple years. AKA Chicago or OKC

So Deng+Gibson+Noah+fillers for Howard

or

Westbrook+Ibaka/Harden+Perkins

He's not going to the Lakers, that's for sure and I don't think Orlando would deal to Miami for LeBron.

Given his relationship with Durant, the fact OKC could sign Chris Paul as well after making the trade, and the youth of OKC along with them arguably being the favorites to make it out of the West next year..I would say that's his best bet.
    Last edited by 28renyoy; 06-13-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Decent playground baller marion706's Avatar

Im almost 100% sure ATL will make a push, and either offer Joe Johnson or AL Horford(more realistic)

Learning to shoot layups hovermaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    LA aren't giving you Gasol & Bynum and if they did you should be ****ing thrilled.

What part of losing him for nothing do you not understand?
    Right now, all I'm hearing is Dwight wants to play for either LA or NY. His fiance lives in Los Angeles and she is actually trying to convince him to play in California.

2nd; no team will give you a better offer then say Bynum & Odom. Because no team will take a chance at throwing the bus for Dwight and him not wanting to play there anyways.

Do you understand that? Do you understand your team is in a tough position and getting Bynum & Odom is probably the best offer you'll get. Unless you want Anthony & Amare (for instance) and I doubt NY will do that. They might offer Amare, picks and some young player.
    okc could offer westbrook, harden and ibaka dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by hovermaster
    After signing Perkins to an extension after they traded for him? Not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by hovermaster
    OKC would be RETARDED to give up that much. Ibaka defensively is not far behind Dwight in terms of impact. Westbrook is a borderline superstar caliber player and Harden has borderline all star potential. No way does OKC do this for a Center who has proven he can't lead teams and get the job done.