Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Strongest Players of All Time For Each Position

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    I'd also add here some videos of impressive blocked shots back from his NCAA days, including a game-saving blocked shot that sent the 1957 NCAA Finals in the 2nd (I think) OT. A guy took a jump shot and Wilt, standing like 9-10 feet away took off and swatted it away when the shot was close to its apex. What's more impressive in a negative way is that, from what I've watched, this had to be by far the most spectacular play of that game (and among the most crucial, as well), yet I've only seen it in only one of the reviews/tributes, which shows what a mediocre job has been done when it comes to promoting such old games/players.
    And of course, this was at WiltatKansas' channel that Youtube geniuses removed because of him adding a couple of unauthorized music videos (we know he was the only one that hadn't been "caught", after all, right? ). I hope he re-uploads a shot blocking mix one day, at the very least.

I agree 100%.

The fact is/was...there is/was very limited footage of Chamberlain's career. And I get a kick out of some of these posters who claim that they have not seen any footage with Wilt's head at rim level. When his compilation of his great shot blocking ability was on YouTube, he simply BLOCKED the shot. He leaped high enough to BLOCK the damn shot...including several of the MANY blocks on Kareem's "unblockable" sky-hook. What else was he supposed to do...leap as high as he could, and block the shot with his chest? If anything, the footage displayed Wilt's amazing athleticism by the fact that he seldom even had to go all out to block shots, or grab rebounds, or dunk put-backs. And, BTW, take a look at his dunks. NEVER any rim-shaking dunks in any of them. Why? Because he was always afraid that he might injure someone else. Even Russell commented that Wilt used to ease up, even when Russell blocked his dunk attempt, to keep from seriously hurting him.

In any case, Wilt played in an era where there was just not much footage available, and yet, there were a TON of EYE-WITNESS accounts which verified his amazing physical feats. And, once again, NOT ONE LEGITIMATE source ever came forward and DISPUTED them. Seems hard to believe that one man could single-handedly drum up all of these myths without SOMEONE disputing them, doesn't it?

Strongest lower body was prob dennis rodman for pound to pound

I know Earl Boykins can bench press over 300 lbs. The guy is roughly 3-4 inches shorter than me.

I usually hit open layups

Jlauber and Psileas..........if you guys don't have that Wilt shot blocking video, I have it and can send it to you if you want it. It's about 27 Mb's and I can send it by email.

Being 57 and having seen Chamberlain play live many times back in the 60's and into the 70's, I can't help laughing at some of the pathetic disparaging remarks made about Wilt on this forum. There is no one.....NO ONE.....playing today that could even come close to matching up to Chamberlain. He might not average 50 ppg and 26 rpg, but he would be by far the most dominating force in the NBA today.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Helix
    Jlauber and Psileas..........if you guys don't have that Wilt shot blocking video, I have it and can send it to you if you want it. It's about 27 Mb's and I can send it by email.

Being 57 and having seen Chamberlain play live many times back in the 60's and into the 70's, I can't help laughing at some of the pathetic disparaging remarks made about Wilt on this forum. There is no one.....NO ONE.....playing today that could even come close to matching up to Chamberlain. He might not average 50 ppg and 26 rpg, but he would be by far the most dominating force in the NBA today.
    Great post!

I tried to send you a PM, but it says that you are not receiving any. When you get set up, let me know.

BTW, I am 56 and I too saw MANY of Wilt's games (at least from about '64 on), including THREE games that I attended LIVE. He was the most dominating player in the history of the sport, and had he had a mean bone in his body he would have just completely OBLITERATED the NBA, instead of just being LIGHT YEARS better than his peers.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Great post!

I tried to send you a PM, but it says that you are not receiving any. When you get set up, let me know.

BTW, I am 56 and I too saw MANY of Wilt's games (at least from about '64 on), including THREE games that I attended LIVE. He was the most dominating player in the history of the sport, and had he had a mean bone in his body he would have just completely OBLITERATED the NBA, instead of just being LIGHT YEARS better than his peers.

Not sure what's up with the PM stuff, but I sent you an email through the forum.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

In a thred someone mentioned that Shaq and Barkley could legg lift 1000 lbs

True?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting
    Artis Gilmore is known as the strongest player ever.