Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose says PED's a big problem in NBA

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Again, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to say. LeBron could just be a freak athlete. Some guys can just put on muscle, too. I remember a video where Shannon Brown said he stopped lifting weights and only does push ups because he was getting too bulky.
    He could just be a freak athlete, and he was in HS regardless of PED's or not. I believe it to, once you start working out hard like i'm sure Brown does you get stronger and you can lift more weight and that causes you to get more bulk.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Here's a question: How many of you guys would take steroids if you had a personal trainer who knew how to cycle them, and you could get away with it without anyone knowing a thing?

If I was certain I would not get caught I would take them as a professional athlete; really just for the increased recovery time from injuries alone. The inhuman stamina would be a huge boost. The ability to get stronger never hurts.

Just make sure that my Swedish trainer, Mr. Ster Roid is using a clean needle.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

I am not, no. But I, like every guy, wanted to get big and bulky at one point in my life. Unfortunately/fortunately, my metabolism's really high so I was eating in excess in 4,000 calories. **** that. (Note I was trying to eat clean, which means stuff like brown rice, oatmeal, eggs, chicken, etc.)

BTW, I'm 20. Most chicks tend to dig the leaner look anyway. I think most bodybuilders look like meat heads.
    yeah i got an uber fast one too, i am at least a mesomorph tho just a really lean one. Yeah i would not want to look like a pro body builder at all, just too far

Magic Johnson

Has anyone taken steroids or HGH here? You would think on a competitive basketball forum at least one person would have some type of experience with it.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

Yeah, it amazes me how people think it's so damn easy to get big/bulky. IT AIN'T THAT EASY, trust me. You've got to eat at surplus and make sure you're getting adequate protein. You've got to work hard. Most importantly, you've got to have the genes for it.

*Pictures a 20-year-old chick at the gym who refuses to lift weights because she doesn't want to get fat*
    From some of your posts in this thread it is clear you have no idea wtf you are talking about when it come to PED's.

No hate, but you just dont.

Anyways, you have to realize we aren't just talking about normal people here. We are talking about some of the most genetically gifted people on the planet (lebron). These dudes just have to look at a barbell and they add muscle lol. Plus factor in personal chiefs and amazing trainers. Their results are going to be a lot different than normal people.

With that being said I am sure that these athletes push the absolute limits with different products to ensure recovery from injuries and games etc.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Not sure how much steroids can help a basketball player. you can't enhance cardio by using them. Stretch is great but can throw your shot off. Being bulky doesn't exaclt give a person shooting touch, just look at lebron

Makes me think he does take roids.
    are u ****in stupid? your whole argument is now invalid. a 400mg dose of test a week will double your red blood cell count. twice the red blood cells=twice the stamina/recovering power

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    He could just be a freak athlete, and he was in HS regardless of PED's or not. I believe it to, once you start working out hard like i'm sure Brown does you get stronger and you can lift more weight and that causes you to get more bulk.
    Yeah. I had a friend in high school who was 5'10 his junior year. He grew to be 6'6 by the end of his senior year and had put on at least 80-90 pounds, and he was still ridiculously light. He now plays football at a Division I school and he's probably gained another 90 or so pounds and he still looks lean. Absolutely ridiculous. Offensive lineman, red shirt freshman, may play this year... he switched from DT.
    Last edited by LA_Showtime; 05-11-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

oh yeah, and there are PED's that make you leaner, like clen, which increase the amount of DHT in your system. These are the ones that make you really cut. If anything i would say Lebron you would of used that. Look at his calves from when he first came into the league and now. I just think theres a bigger change than what would happen naturally. I mean he had been playing bball his whole life, yet his legs were still completedly toneless. Now they are cut up.

It is also corroborated by his hair loss. Clen and cutting agents cause the most amount of hairloss because of dht

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Has anyone taken steroids or HGH here? You would think on a competitive basketball forum at least one person would have some type of experience with it.
    me. it makes you a superhuman to say the least. everything grows INCLUDING your dick, it doubles in size. your mental state of mind is unmatched, you feel like you are the baddest mfker in the world. you can workout for days. its awesome

Decent college freshman

Here's a question: How many of you guys would take steroids if you had a personal trainer who knew how to cycle them, and you could get away with it without anyone knowing a thing?
    I use AAS for bodybuilding purposes. The funny thing here is that by banning steroids outright, they are likely putting these players at greater risk. If used responsibly, with proper post cycle therapy and the right ancillary drugs (HCG, aromatase inhibitors) steroids can be 100% safe. You even have testosterone replacement therapy nowadays where doctors prescribe you testosterone injections.

We all know they are using PEDs, but the steroids that are known to be safe are also easily tested for. So these guys are likely using brand new types of crazy ass peptides, like GHRP6, IGF-1 and other stuff. These are the "next generation" of steroids, and the problem is there isn't any case studies on them. Most of them aren't even illegal because the FDA doesn't know wtf they are.

With testosterone, you can go on the internet and find 1000s of peer reviewed medical studies. With these new drugs there are none, so who knows what kinds of problems these guys are setting themselves up for?

I am not, no. But I, like every guy, wanted to get big and bulky at one point in my life. Unfortunately/fortunately, my metabolism's really high so I was eating in excess in 4,000 calories. **** that. (Note I was trying to eat clean, which means stuff like brown rice, oatmeal, eggs, chicken, etc.)

BTW, I'm 20. Most chicks tend to dig the leaner look anyway. I think most bodybuilders look like meat heads.
    Chicks our age do tend to like leaner guys (i'm 19 for another month), but some girls do like us bigger guys. I made the best I could out of my physical measurements. I'm 230 now (dropped about 15 pounds) and I am still continuing with my weight training. I really want to be Canada's Strongest Man, not likely though.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    From some of your posts in this thread it is clear you have no idea wtf you are talking about when it come to PED's.

No hate, but you just dont.

Anyways, you have to realize we aren't just talking about normal people here. We are talking about some of the most genetically gifted people on the planet (lebron). These dudes just have to look at a barbell and they add muscle lol. Plus factor in personal chiefs and amazing trainers. Their results are going to be a lot different than normal people.

With that being said I am sure that these athletes push the absolute limits with different products to ensure recovery from injuries and games etc.
    I was referring to myself. The average Joe can't just pick up a set of barbells and put on a bunch of muscle. It's hard to get big (without just getting fat, I guess I should have clarified my previous statement).

Yeah, most athletes are ridiculously gifted, so what? Not all of 'em are. Durant is clearly in the second group.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Chicks our age do tend to like leaner guys (i'm 19 for another month), but some girls do like us bigger guys. I made the best I could out of my physical measurements. I'm 230 now (dropped about 15 pounds) and I am still continuing with my weight training. I really want to be Canada's Strongest Man, not likely though.
    Yeah, definitely true.

Imagine if they stopped using PED's. The all-star game would be on the level of a WNBA game full of lethargic players shooting jumpers the whole night.

Again, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to say. LeBron could just be a freak athlete. Some guys can just put on muscle, too. I remember a video where Shannon Brown said he stopped lifting weights and only does push ups because he was getting too bulky.
    Agreed, for example Rashard Lewis was mentioned, and he isnt even freakishly bulky or anything, you wouldnt even say he has some side effects... other than playing like crap after stopping using them

Athletes gets tremendous pressure to perform to the max and beyond, they have huge ego and wants to overachieve, plus millions (or even hundreds of millions) dollars are on the line. And then trainer/doctor says they can give you PED's which will help player to get all of that, and with minimal (if any) side effects, plus he knows how to get around tests.

Questions same as yours - how many would refuse? Correct answer - not many would refuse.

I had a childhood friend who was in youth Olympics swimming team, when we talked about PED's he just laughed, and said everyone is taking them.