Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose says PED's a big problem in NBA

Someone with Insider source this or it's getting deleted. This kind of statement doesn't get made by a player of this caliber in the middle of the playoffs w/o it being picked up by multiple outlets.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    They would help tremendously. They help with explosion. They improve your recovery. If the negatives weren't so devastating I'm sure more people would use them.

LeBron's an interesting case. He's clearly a step or two slower this season. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about steroids to determine whether that could be attributed to steroid use or not.

lol this. If u can just barely dunk not using roids, you will be a high flyer after using them. Working out alone causes a tremendous leap in your vertical alone, providing you lift heavy squats and dead lifts, so imagine adding PED's to that.

And i resent the whole, steroids make you way bulky hence bad at basketball. It all depends how you train. You can certainly make explosive gains without adding a huge amount of mass, look at cycling for example. The majority use it, yet they arn't huge apart from a few because that would be detrimental at the end of the day.

They would help tremendously. They help with explosion. They improve your recovery. If the negatives weren't so devastating I'm sure more people would use them.

LeBron's an interesting case. He's clearly a step or two slower this season. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about steroids to determine whether that could be attributed to steroid use or not.
    World class sprinter Ben Johnson used stereroids as well. Speed can be improved by certain types of stereroids as far as I know it is HGH. Maybe LeBron's mom put HGH in his Kool Aid as a kid? I really don't know, he has gotten HUGE since he got into the NBA and he was big before that.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Someone with Insider source this or it's getting deleted. This kind of statement doesn't get made by a player of this caliber in the middle of the playoffs w/o it being picked up by multiple outlets.
    did u even read the OP

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Not sure how much steroids can help a basketball player. you can't enhance cardio by using them. Stretch is great but can throw your shot off. Being bulky doesn't exaclt give a person shooting touch, just look at lebron

Makes me think he does take roids.
    Steroids give you much greater stamina and faster recovery time from injuries. Considering the length of the season, the games, the practice time, etc. I can see why many of these guys feel they need a boost.

I think it is similar to the way many touring musicians end up doing cocaine or speed. If you have to perform 100 concerts in the next 4 months that is a lot of energy used, and it's not from being high on life and having God in your heart.

sometimes i wonder how rose and kobe can play on rolled ankles in just 2 days

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    lol this. If u can just barely dunk not using roids, you will be a high flyer after using them. Working out alone causes a tremendous leap in your vertical alone, providing you lift heavy squats and dead lifts, so imagine adding PED's to that.

And i resent the whole, steroids make you way bulky hence bad at basketball. It all depends how you train. You can certainly make explosive gains without adding a huge amount of mass, look at cycling for example. The majority use it, yet they arn't huge apart from a few because that would be detrimental at the end of the day.
    Yeah, it amazes me how people think it's so damn easy to get big/bulky. IT AIN'T THAT EASY, trust me. You've got to eat at surplus and make sure you're getting adequate protein. You've got to work hard. Most importantly, you've got to have the genes for it.

*Pictures a 20-year-old chick at the gym who refuses to lift weights because she doesn't want to get fat*

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

why surprised? these are the best of the best athletes

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    World class sprinter Ben Johnson used stereroids as well. Speed can be improved by certain types of stereroids as far as I know it is HGH. Maybe LeBron's mom put HGH in his Kool Aid as a kid? I really don't know, he has gotten HUGE since he got into the NBA and he was big before that.
    Again, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to say. LeBron could just be a freak athlete. Some guys can just put on muscle, too. I remember a video where Shannon Brown said he stopped lifting weights and only does push ups because he was getting too bulky.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

did u even read the OP
    Without being an Insider you can only got 16 pages deep.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Dwight, Wade, Lebron.
    Even if that were true, Wade was way better than Rose is now even before he allegedly used steroids (2008).

Magic Johnson

Here's a question: How many of you guys would take steroids if you had a personal trainer who knew how to cycle them, and you could get away with it without anyone knowing a thing?

Yeah, it amazes me how people think it's so damn easy to get big/bulky. IT AIN'T THAT EASY, trust me. You've got to eat at surplus and make sure you're getting adequate protein. You've got to work hard. Most importantly, you've got to have the genes for it.

*Pictures a 20-year-old chick at the gym who refuses to lift weights because she doesn't want to get fat*
    hahaha, are u a miscer man? i agree with you completely. I rage at chicks who go to the gym, then go and get maccas afterwards, and i super rage when i hear, "ewww i just want to get toned, i don't want to get massive"

Magic Johnson

hahaha, are u a miscer man? i agree with you completely. I rage at chicks who go to the gym, then go and get maccas afterwards, and i super rage when i hear, "ewww i just want to get toned, i don't want to get massive"
    I am not, no. But I, like every guy, wanted to get big and bulky at one point in my life. Unfortunately/fortunately, my metabolism's really high so I was eating in excess in 4,000 calories. **** that. (Note I was trying to eat clean, which means stuff like brown rice, oatmeal, eggs, chicken, etc.)

BTW, I'm 20. Most chicks tend to dig the leaner look anyway. I think most bodybuilders look like meat heads.

Its a major problem in all sports, not just basketball and NBA. Its a huge business, and owners/players are very much interested in everything what can give them an edge. If they are smart, they dont get caught, plus pharmacists and latest breakthroughs in various enhancements is beyond outdated testing.