Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Wade/Bron vs. Jordan/Pippen (statistics request)

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I really don't see how pippen isn't. Maybe not in jordans and james leagu but he's definately in wades. Like I said earlier pippen in this era is easily a 24 ppg scorer. Even playing with a ball dominant player like jordan.
    Bro ... seriously. Wade is better than Pippen. Pippen plays better in a role, but Wade is the more dominant player.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Did someone really just bring up PER? Durant & Westbrook combined had a PER of 47+ this season at 22 years old each, welp guess they're going to be the GOAT combo during their prime

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I really don't see how pippen isn't. Maybe not in jordans and james leagu but he's definately in wades. Like I said earlier pippen in this era is easily a 24 ppg scorer. Even playing with a ball dominant player like jordan.
    you really overrating this handchecking thing ... the league is deeper in talent than it was back in the 90s and defensive schemes are more complex.

Look at the Celtics defending .. and the Bulls .. (two teams Miami will have to go through) .. and tell me theyre not TOUGH to score on.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Did someone really just bring up PER? Durant & Westbrook combined had a PER of 47+ this season at 22 years old each, welp guess they're going to be the GOAT combo during their prime
    thing is . .wade and lebron are dominant defensively on the perimeter.
    westbrook and durant are not.

No one is saying Wade and Lebron are better .. but do you really think they dont compare?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    this is ridiculous ..

Do you realize how hard it is to put up 33ppg .. next to another great scorer? .. theres a reason Jordans big scoring numbers came before Pippen.

and vice versa.

do you realize how hard it would be to put up 23ppg for Pippen .. next to someone that is dominant enough to put up 33ppg?
    Why would it be hard? Pippen avg right around 20 ppg playing with jordan. Give him a couple extra trips to the line and the opportunity to make easier shots and I don't see why he couldn't get 24. Its only a basket and a couple of fts

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Bro ... seriously. Wade is better than Pippen. Pippen plays better in a role, but Wade is the more dominant player.
    No, wades a better score than pippen. Pippen is better at every other facet of basketball. Why is wade better? Cuz of 06 and 09? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    you really overrating this handchecking thing ... the league is deeper in talent than it was back in the 90s and defensive schemes are more complex.

Look at the Celtics defending .. and the Bulls .. (two teams Miami will have to go through) .. and tell me theyre not TOUGH to score on.
    Why even bring these points up b-easy? Theyve been refuted a million times. The talent isn't better, its not worse but its not better, and its not just the rule changes. The trianagle offense isn't condisive to having a bunch of big time scorers. There are plenty of factors that indicate pippen in this era would score on avg 3-4 ppg more

Good High School Starter

the gap between wade and pippen is as big as the gap between jordan and drexler.

Local High School Star

any way to see how much wade and lebron assist each other .. compared to jordan and pippen/

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    the gap between wade and pippen is as big as the gap between jordan and drexler.
    There is nothing that Drexler does better than Jordan, there are several things that Pippen is better than Wade at.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    He's not the same caliber as Wade, either ...
    I understand where you're comming from. You feel thos 6 rings jordan has on his hand were accomplished only because of him. And pippens contributions were minimal. I don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    There is nothing that Drexler does better than Jordan, there are several things that Pippen is better than Wade at.
    rebounding
    Pippen > Jordan

assists
    pippen > jordan

defense
    pippen > jordan

overall
    pippen > jordan?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    Several my ass. Pippen was just better at defense in general. That's it. (on the ball, and off the ball). That's all he was really better at in comparison to Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Several my ass. Pippen was just better at defense in general. That's it. (on the ball, and off the ball). That's all he was really better at in comparison to Wade.
    And, it's not like Wade is a slouch defensively.