Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers upcoming correction(s) to make

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'd much rather get a true PG instead of trying to make someone play a position they've never played. The offense will be much different with Mike Brown as the coach. His offense is driven by the PG much more.
    In Boston when he was drafted, he was the primary point guard. he was a point guard for his first 3 years there. In Cleveland, Mo was the starter, but he often slid over to cover that. he also played backup pg this season in Boston.

High School Varsity 6th Man Erathia's Avatar

I think Delonte West would have fit in great with the Triangle, but with not knowing what the new offense will look like we can't be so sure. I still think he would be a great improvement defensively for us.

Serious playground baller

Saw someone propose this trade, Crisoner maybe? Don't want to steal your idea but I think its good idea, and I think it is could happen as it would give both teams what they need:

Gasol and Artest to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Kirk Heinrich.

The Hawks keep the franchises 2 most valuable guys in JJ and Horford, and pick up a post scorer they desperaterly need to compliment JJ's perimeter game. The Horford/Gasol combo at the 4/5 gives them length and a great defensive/offensive combo, as the Artest/JJ gives them a similar combo on the perimeter. Their frontcourt would be deep and talented with Gasol, Horford, Artest, MWill and Pachulia. Pick up a PG who can defend and dish and they are set.
    Smith is a great talent, but has had some issues there, and Kirk was a nice late season addition, but getting a scorer like Pau would ease the pain.

For the Lakers, Smith gives us a 25yo defender/shotblocker at the 4, and a guy who can defend the Dirks and Durants we will need to go through in the West. I've always questioned the Bynum/Gasol fit, and Josh would fit nicely alongside Drew. He plays away from the hoop more giving Drew more room to work inside, and he can dribble penetrate like crazy (something the Lakers totally lacked this season with the exception of Kobe). And Josh is a freaking great defender/shotblocker. He is uber-athletic.

Kirk would be a perfect fit IMO. Pass first, excellent defender and good 3 point shooter who makes good decisions. The Lakers looked old and slow this season. Our defense was attrocious, especially at the 1 and the 4.
    The Lakers get younger, more athletic and have a squad who will fit in much better with what Mike Brown likes to do, namely play D and get out in transition. Imagine the fast break opps with the likes of Kirk, Kobe, Josh Smith, LO, Barnes, Shannon etc.
    Also, Drew becomes a primary scorer, something I think he is ready for (and something which will increase his trade value should a Dwight Howard ever come available). Plus we still have the Drew/LO pieces to possibly offer for Dwight.

I'd sign Shane Battier and get a true center who can back up Drew in FA.

PG- Kirk, Blake, Fish
    SG- Kobe, Shannon
    SF- Battier, Barnes
    PF- JSmith, LO
    C- Drew, FA.

Great defensive team with crazy athleticism who can run like the deer in transition (easy baskets, something we totally lacked this year). Kobe and Drew when you play halfcourt, with penetrators and 3 point shooters like JSmith, Kirk, Battier, plus a strong bench with LO, Barnes, Blake, Fish, Shannon and 5 who can play.
    Thoughts?

I just cant believe so many people are proposing to trade Gasol away.

We won 2 championships bc of him. Just because he had one bad year (one bad playoffs), trading him away just does not make sense.

Plus, Mike Brown "declared" he will be using SA Spurs' twin tower offense system with Gasol/Odom and Bynum as the focus.

The only "correction" I would suggest is to sign a couple shooters.

Jason Kapono or Shane Battier.

A guy like Troy Murphy would definitely be helpful as our 4th big man.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kobe080
    I just cant believe so many people are proposing to trade Gasol away.

We won 2 championships bc of him. Just because he had one bad year (one bad playoffs), trading him away just does not make sense.

Plus, Mike Brown "declared" he will be using SA Spurs' twin tower offense system with Gasol/Odom and Bynum as the focus.

The only "correction" I would suggest is to sign a couple shooters.

Jason Kapono or Shane Battier.

A guy like Troy Murphy would definitely be helpful as our 4th big man.
    I think people are more worried about his mental state going forward...we all know he has a fcuked up situation off the court and it ruined the lakers ON court.....

what guarantees can we make that it wont happen again and pau being a softie & not able to cope with it will AGAIN bring the whole team down???

Our chance is next 2 years while kobe is declining....

I wont trade Gasol for J Smith tough...he is such a waste of talent...I will tough trade him for CP3/D Will type of a impact player....

Gasol is no 2/3 PF in the league right so I BET he has lot of value specially with the 2 rings that he got with the lakers...

NBA lottery pick

I don't see them trading Pau over Lamar.... and with that said, everybody knows what Shaq said which was outside of the game (to a certain extent). He doesn't care at this point because he's retired. We still have to remember Pau is about as good as it comes. Lamar is really good but he's the guy who comes off the bench, and it's for a reason. I see him as being the piece that could potentially be moved. I don't like seeing all the trade Pau posts (for the most part). I like seeing the creativity with trading, but I think we need to try to keep the starters in place.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Whatever the deal is I'd like see Kobe in the post more next season honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    Whatever the deal is I'd like see Kobe in the post more next season honestly.
    I hate KOBE in the post....if he in the post...where are our 2 7footers going to be?

he needs to move off the ball and get easy shots with the 7footers setting screens for him...freaking all game he tries to go iso's

LAL|LAC

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Delonte West can play PG with this Laker roster. Remember, we don't need a traditional PG with Kobe handling much of the ball-handling duties and Odom does it too when he is out there. West would be mainly for defense, hustle and 3pt shots when open. He is capable of doing everything Laker PGs are expected to do.
    I don't want Kobe to be the main ball handler anymore. I want him to be more like 2nd 3peat Jordan. Moving without the ball much more for some easy shots... catching and shooting off screens and working in the post. His FG% would definitely increase... probably 48-49%. Dude has been doing everything for this team, handling the ball, taking on the scoring load, closing games, etc. MJ had Pippen who handled the ball... time for Kobe to get a break too.

I wanted Delonte West LAST year, he would've helped us a ton vs the Mavs. Dude is automatic from three... doubt Boston will let him go though.

I hope we can somehow get Ramon Sessions, he'd be perfect.
    Last edited by LA KB24; 06-06-2011 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    I hate KOBE in the post....if he in the post...where are our 2 7footers going to be?he needs to move off the ball and get easy shots with the 7footers setting screens for him...freaking all game he tries to go iso's
    Great point

I think people are more worried about his mental state going forward...we all know he has a fcuked up situation off the court and it ruined the lakers ON court.....

what guarantees can we make that it wont happen again and pau being a softie & not able to cope with it will AGAIN bring the whole team down???

Our chance is next 2 years while kobe is declining....

I wont trade Gasol for J Smith tough...he is such a waste of talent...I will tough trade him for CP3/D Will type of a impact player....

Gasol is no 2/3 PF in the league right so I BET he has lot of value specially with the 2 rings that he got with the lakers...
    Well Pau will play for Spain in about 1.5 months so we'll know if he has recovered or not. I can't believe some fans are so impressed with Josh Smith tho, he is like Odom with a higher vertical leap but Odom has better handles and perimeter shot.
    I only trade (recovered) Pau if they can get Howard.
    Im also one of the very few fans here who is not high on CP3, The guy was great before but he has lost his explosiveness after that injury last year. Sure he looked great vs the Lakers but practically every decent PG looked deadly like Aaron Brooks, JJ Barea, heck even Steve Blake (before)played great vs the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Well Pau will play for Spain in about 1.5 months so we'll know if he has recovered or not. I can't believe some fans are so impressed with Josh Smith tho, he is like Odom with a higher vertical leap but Odom has better handles and perimeter shot.
    Im also one of the very few fans here who is not high on CP3, The guy was great before but he has lost his explosiveness after that injury last year. Sure he looked great vs the Lakers but practically every decent PG looked deadly like Aaron Brooks, JJ Barea, heck even Steve Blake (before)played great vs the Lakers.
    I agree on not trading Pau. A lot of fans are quick to go against any player that struggles. Give the guy a break, the Lakers became elite because of him and I feel he still has a lot of game left. He was burned out physically and emotionally and I think he never fully recovered from his hamstring injury.

Not like its a real feasible option to acquire CP, but he would certainly get a lot of our guys a few more easier looks a game. I feel like the offense became pretty stagnant in the playoffs. When pau had difficulty getting position and operating around the hoops, he was nearly ineffective on offense. Paul would help Bynum, Pau and Kobe get some much needed easy looks. They were working way too hard for shots. Obviously one of the bugs would have to go for Paul, but Paul would make life easier on the aging vets.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    How is pau playing the euros any use to evaluate him?

He was having chemistry issues with other laker players... & last I checked no other laker player plays for spain .... So it's basically comparing apples & oranges

Local High School Star

How is pau playing the euros any use to evaluate him?

He was having chemistry issues with other laker players... & last I checked no other laker player plays for spain .... So it's basically comparing apples & oranges
    You believe everything people tell you on the internet? Oh wait you have an inside source who knows a guy who knows a guy.

Home of the 16

[QUOTE=B