Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Kobe is a Chucker?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Here is your top 8 guys on each team in terms of minutes played.

Lebron
    Mo
    West
    Z
    Andy
    Joe Smith
    Wally
    Gibson

Damn. That roster is a ****ing joke. Just typing it out is painful. How that team won 66 defies all logic whatsoever.

Kobe
    Pau
    Odom
    Ariza
    Fisher
    Bynum
    Walton
    Brown

Are you really going to tell me that the Cavs have a better roster? You can really say that?

Pathetic.
    look you idiot you're the one that brought team records into play,, judging by the cavs records that meant that they were a top 2 team.....i never said that the cavs had a better roster than LA, they didnt...however they pplayed in the east, a signifcantly weaker conference at the time.

i said that your MAVs, the Celtics, Nuggets, had better teams than LA,

Here is your top 8 guys on each team in terms of minutes played.

Lebron
    Mo
    West
    Z
    Andy
    Joe Smith
    Wally
    Gibson

Damn. That roster is a ****ing joke. Just typing it out is painful. How that team won 66 defies all logic whatsoever.

Kobe
    Pau
    Odom
    Ariza
    Fisher
    Bynum
    Walton
    Brown

Are you really going to tell me that the Cavs have a better roster? You can really say that?

Pathetic.

that cavs from 09 and 10 were built around lebron they played pretty good defense and had a couple of good spot up shooters
    and that's why these cavs won more games than the heat this year
    these cavs get the best out of lebron he can controll the ball get the defensive attention and if he can't finish himself he kicks it out to the open man

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    D-Mavs you're a jackass...please name 1 player that played on that LA bench in their 2 championship runs that you think would be an assets to the MAVs...

everyone outside of odom on those lakers benches = scrubs!!....noone is lined up around the corner for sasha vujacic and luke walton or shannon brown....

trvor ariza got big money from houston and hosuton parted ways with him the following season......dont sell me that stacked team BS....The celtics, and mavericks have had better team from top 2 bottom than the LA Lakers. how phil jackson is winning with all these scrubs is beyond me.
    What?

What the **** are you talking about.

You don't play ten players in the playoffs.

Sasha, Odom, Brown, Farmar....those guys are all fine players.

You have Blake, Barnes, Brown, Odom of the bench right now. Thats great.

One player?

In 09 the Mavs bench consisted of Barea, Wright, Hollins, Bass, Green

I'd take pretty much all of the Lakers bench over those player except for Bass. And odom is twice the player Bass is.

Are you ****ing kidding me? God damn Lakers fans are so ****ing spoiled.

look you idiot you're the one that brought team records into play,, judging by the cavs records that meant that they were a top 2 team.....i never said that the cavs had a better roster than LA, they didnt...however they pplayed in the east, a signifcantly weaker conference at the time.

i said that your MAVs, the Celtics, Nuggets, had better teams than LA,
    So the Celtics without KG were bettter?

The Mavs? you talk about depth. Barea/Wright/Bass/Hollins....thats a worse bench than the Lakers by far.

The Nuggets? What? Not even close.

You honestly can't believe the shit you spew.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Brian
    Career Leaders in Field Goal Attempts

[HTML]Rank Player FGA
    1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 28,307
    2. Karl Malone 26,210
    3. Michael Jordan 24,537
    4. Elvin Hayes 24,272
    5. John Havlicek 23,930
    6. Wilt Chamberlain 23,497
    7. Dominique Wilkins 21,589
    8. Kobe Bryant 21,370
    9. Alex English 21,036
    10. Hakeem Olajuwon 20,991[/HTML]

Kobe has played in 1103 games, MJ 1072, but MJ has attempted 3,167 more FGs
    Both put up a whole lot of shots, but MJ made better decisions with the ball and his percentages show it. It aint chucking if you are effective. Kobe has been great, but everyone has seen him shotjack.. come on now.

MJ shot .497 for his career (shot just .416 as a 37 year old on a terrible Wizards team).
    Prime MJ shot better than 50% from the field and he averaged 5.3 APG for his career. MJ shot more than 200 3Pters in just 4 season total and in those years his lowest percentage was .352. He has 2 more season in which he shot over 100 3pters, but at terrible percentages. He is .327 for his career from three, but shot just 1800 3pters.

Kobe has taken 4185 threepointers for his career and his percentage is .339 (not that much better than MJ's). Kobe has just 3 season in which he shot better than .350.
    His career FG% is .454 and his assist numbers are slightly lower than MJ's as well - 4.7 APG.

So, if player A scores more, makes/takes more shots, but with better percentages and also getting to the rim more than player B.. who also takes a lot of shots, but scores at a lower percentage and takes more threes..
    would you take player B over him?

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    that cavs from 09 and 10 were built around lebron they played pretty good defense and had a couple of good spot up shooters
    and that's why these cavs won more games than the heat this year
    these cavs get the best out of lebron he can controll the ball get the defensive attention and if he can't finish himself he kicks it out to the open man
    and that has no bearing on the conversation. the lakers were built around kobe. they very good defense and how an elite post player and the best bench player. a big shot maker and the best coach ever.

built around lebron? that is true for every team. the lakers are built around kobe. the magic around dwight. the mavs around dirk.

some teams do it better.

sorry, the Cavs roster in 09 is ****ing laughable compared to the Lakers.

Local High School Star

What?

What the **** are you talking about.

You don't play ten players in the playoffs.

Sasha, Odom, Brown, Farmar....those guys are all fine players.

You have Blake, Barnes, Brown, Odom of the bench right now. Thats great.

One player?

In 09 the Mavs bench consisted of Barea, Wright, Hollins, Bass, Green

I'd take pretty much all of the Lakers bench over those player except for Bass. And odom is twice the player Bass is.

Are you ****ing kidding me? God damn Lakers fans are so ****ing spoiled.

Shasha brown and Farmar???????........are you F***king serious???

sasha brown and farmar...wow.....You're if james had those guys he was winning a title. Delonte west is easily better than those 3 guys,

James had All-star jamison...a 20-10 guy atleast until he played with LeBron
    LOL did you happen to catch a Cavs game this season? To call any of them all-stars at t his point is a joke.

I rule the local playground

no account for all the 18+ footers kobe took, and all the 2 that were only 2,s because his foot was on the line....work all that out for me then come back to me okay.....My whole point is...don;t compare their FG%s
    But that's exactly my point, Jordan took smarter shots (ie less 18 footers, less foot on the line shots), and thus his FG%(even on just 2s) was higher, and hence why he was the better scorer(that and his higher ppg).

You basically proved my point for me. I've never called Kobe a chucker, but part of the reason people call Kobe a chucker, and not Jordan, is because Jordan often times worked to get off a better shot rather than settling for the 18-20 foot jumper with a hand in his face.

Local High School Star

So the Celtics without KG were bettter?

The Mavs? you talk about depth. Barea/Wright/Bass/Hollins....thats a worse bench than the Lakers by far.

The Nuggets? What? Not even close.

You honestly can't believe the shit you spew.

way to exclude jason terry and stackhouse,...and are we seriously going to pretend that brandon bass is some scrub?....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama
    But that's exactly my point, Jordan took smarter shots (ie less 18 footers, less foot on the line shots), and thus his FG%(even on just 2s) was higher, and hence why he was the better scorer(that and his higher ppg).

You basically proved my point for me. I've never called Kobe a chucker, but part of the reason people call Kobe a chucker, and not Jordan, is because Jordan often times worked to get off a better shot rather than settling for the 18-20 foot jumper with a hand in his face.
    look dude...F**k the jordan vs Kobe debate...i aint gettin into that....My opinion is set in stone...i think Kobe is better than Jordan despite the 4% difference in their FG%....Live with tit..now please get back in your garbage!

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nobler
    LOL did you happen to catch a Cavs game this season? To call any of them all-stars at t his point is a joke.
    yeah...Varejao INJURED, Mo Williams banged up(missed 22 games), Big Z, Gone, West?...Gone!!

Lets not pretend that LeBron leaving is the only thing that happened to cleveland. However. You can take the 1 superstar off of any 1 superstar team and they instantly become a lottery team. so you have no point

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

no account for all the 18+ footers kobe took, and all the 2 that were only 2,s because his foot was on the line....work all that out for me then come back to me okay.....My whole point is...don;t compare their FG%s
    Can you be any more apologetic?

Obviously Kobe is the only player ever to have his foot on the line.

Even if your claims were true then that would be a flaw in his game, no?

Shasha brown and Farmar???????........are you F***king serious???

sasha brown and farmar...wow.....You're if james had those guys he was winning a title. Delonte west is easily better than those 3 guys,
    what?

seriously...what?

i wast talking about the mavs. delonte west was a starter on the cavs you ****ing ignorant moron. you are trying to compare the 3rd best player on the cavs to the bench of the lakers? jesus.

you said the mavs had a better bench than the lakers in 09. i disagree.

barea/wright/bass/hollins in significantly worse than sasha/farmar/brown/odom/walton

much much worse. sorry.

way to exclude jason terry and stackhouse,...and are we seriously going to pretend that brandon bass is some scrub?....
    i listed it by minutes moron.

and guess what. stackhouse didn't play in the playoffs in 09. might want to educate yourself bud.

depth is not just bench vs starters. you really think antoine wright was more valuable to the mavs than terry in 09. as bad as terry was, he was still more valuable than the starter wright.

if you really want to get technical. the mavs started:

kidd
    wright
    howard
    dirk
    dampier

with terry/bass/barea/hollins off the bench.

if you honestly think that is better than:

fisher
    kobe
    ariza
    gasol
    bynum (17 minutes a game)

with odom/brown/sasha/farmar

if you really think that then you just know nothing about the game.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-30-2011 at 07:15 AM.