Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hornets Upset Lakers game 1 - reaction/comments 3 points to make

real 3 things:

a) gasol played poorly. it happens, sometimes more than it should.

b) LA can't defend the pick n' roll. they'll make adjustments though. that's what the playoffs are about. getting blake back will help big time.

c) they didn't box out and turned the ball over too much. recipe for disaster.

give credit to hornets. they saw a weakness and took advantage of it. cp3 played great.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Mavs could use Gasol right now..

And now after the game, every LA troll is bashing Pau. From being the supposedly premier PF in the game to being the scapegoat.. and back again, I reckon. Until next time.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Ruutu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dog45
    So much for the Spurs being the best team in the west. 1-0 Grizzlies.

The way I see it the Lakers just didn't play well as a team. The Laker bigs sucked @$$ and Kobe wasn't all that great either lol, noone really played well. The refs did favor the Hornets at times IMO but they did play well, only 3 TO's and 24 assists I think. Not to mention CP3 was awesome today.

But it's safe to say LA won't play this bad again and NO won't play that well. I expect a solid Los Angeles win in game 2 and they'll still win the series in 5-6 games.

Good game Hornets.
    someone who understands the game and respects it !And I thought this place is full of trolls...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath

And now after the game, every LA troll is bashing Pau. From being the supposedly premier PF in the game to being the scapegoat.. and back again, I reckon. Until next time.
    Its hilarious. Brans looking like a fool as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    I think ron artest was DAMN good today. Man brought it. even though he's limited in term of skills and physical attributes, he brought it. More than I can say for Gasol. and that's an indictment of Gasol's mentality
    I think Marc broke in and stole Pau's "Man Card" for the playoffs......Pau is powerless without it.

That being said....Lakers in 6......BOOK IT!!!!!!!

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Default Re: Hornets rewarded 20 freethrows in the 4th quarter, Lakers 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    Lakers lost as a team. Deal with it.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    Kobe missed his last 6 shots of the game. Imagine what the reaction would be if Lebron did that, but Laker fans are blaming it on Pau.
    Bingo.

why are lakers fans being critisized for saying pau played terribly? he was absolutely horrible. he's a good player but he was extremely bad today.

Wow, people defending Pau?

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

did you see arron grey --- he went down completely on that foot.. he is nothing anymore there is no big man that can handle lakers size. Game over lakers win this series... enjoy the free ride LA fans you might get to have an extra game if it goes 5 games

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    Wow, people defending Pau?
    just an excuse to hate on Kobe. apparently you can't blame Pau because Pippen had games like this. wtf kind of logic do ppl on this board have?

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

they're not defending Pau, they're just trolling to try and take shots.

Pau is a great player, but he absolutely did not show up today. he got out hustled and out muscled. He simply looked like he didn't care.

I'm sure that will change for game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Bingo.
    Called that in the game thread but was called an 'idiot hater'. sure he kept the in the game with his offense but his missed his last handful of shots too.

5:56 - 89-85 Kobe Bryant misses jumper
    5:15 - 90-87 Kobe Bryant misses 12-foot jumper
    4:37 - 92-87 Kobe Bryant misses 10-foot jumper
    2:10 - 98-92 Kobe Bryant out of bounds lost ball turnover
    1:37 - 100-92 Kobe Bryant misses jumper

Most of his missed shots and turnovers all came when the game was STILL in reach. He choked; simple as that.

lol once again shifting blame.

Gasol had a poor scoring night. He was still moving the ball well, garnering a team-high 6 assists. Played poor pick and roll defense, but that has been a team issue for years now.

Fisher was his regular season self. Exploited by quicker players, and uncharacteristically challenged physically by Paul.

Kobe went cold in the 4th, doing little to help his team win after 3 quarters of good basketball.

Bynum did absolutely nothing.

Artest at one point scored 7 straight late in the 4th. Nobody else was doing anything. To place the blame on one person is just another sign of how biased towards one player the fanbase really is. It's not about the lakers to you, it's about Kobe.

Local High School Star

Lol at these trolls dismissing Pau's play. Gtfo