Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose who?

i remember chris paul saying derrick rose was better than him in roses rookie season.

all i know is that Derrick Rose IS going to win the MVP and win the championship soon so yall can bring up Chris Paul's FG% and Game 1 on 37 year old Fisher as much as u want.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    all i know is that Derrick Rose IS going to win the MVP and win the championship soon so yall can bring up Chris Paul's FG% and Game 1 on 37 year old Fisher as much as u want.
    Preach!

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxballer
    CP3 could put up Rose's ppg if he chucked like Rose did, and do so with better efficency. Paul is by far the better defender and rebounder, and his playmaking is light years better. Paul makes players better (made West an allstar, Gray and Belleneli = relevant, Arizia not a scrub, etc.) and Rose makes players worse (Boozer, Deng, Korver, Watson, etc.)
    Rose could put up the assissts, ha dhe played as passively on offense as paul, and lol @ defense and Paul being mentioned together...Paul has never been consdered a good defender. he gambles for steal all day. Sure he made west, keep telling yourself that.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Its funny how when other Top 5 PGs play well they are compared to Rose. So in reality you are not belittling Rose you are just holding those players up to Rose's high standards and for that I thank you all. Last time I checked rose did have 39pts 6rebs 6asst 1 steal 3blks. Rose > CP3 overall , CP3 > Rose as a PG.

The better player is the better player regardless.

There is no rule that says PGs have to avg 11 assists and under 20 points.

The best PG is the one that wins the most....**** stats.

Quote Originally Posted by drwax26
    Its funny how when other Top 5 PGs play well they are compared to Rose. So in reality you are not belittling Rose you are just holding those players up to Rose's high standards and for that I thank you all. Last time I checked rose did have 39pts 6rebs 6asst 1 steal 3blks. Rose > CP3 overall , CP3 > Rose as a PG.
    if being a better player means to not being a better PG then give me that.

better is better. there is no other meaning for that word.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    The better player is the better player regardless.

There is no rule that says PGs have to avg 11 assists and under 20 points.

The best PG is the one that wins the most....**** stats.
    i have to agree....APG is an overrated stat anyway, Assists should always be as evenly distributed throughout a team as possible. high assists such as 11 is indicative of poor ball movement. So Cp3 may be the better PG if playing PG means under 20pts and 10+asts, but rose is still the better player that you can win more games with because of his ablity to dominate his matchup in ways chris paul cannot. Chris Paul's succes relies very heavily on the pick and Roll,...Derrick rose does not need it.

Decent playground baller nosfan773's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxballer
    CP3 could put up Rose's ppg if he chucked like Rose did, and do so with better efficency. Paul is by far the better defender and rebounder, and his playmaking is light years better. Paul makes players better (made West an allstar, Gray and Belleneli = relevant, Arizia not a scrub, etc.) and Rose makes players worse (Boozer, Deng, Korver, Watson, etc.)

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    i remember chris paul saying derrick rose was better than him in roses rookie season.
    that would be the season CP smashed his own PER record for PG's with a 30. I'm sure he wasn't being polite.

They both had great games... they are both great players.. they are not your boyfriends.

CP3

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

why didn't he do this during the season? cp3 just a couple of games ago had 0 points O.o. i'll look for him to come back to today's cp3 in the next game assuming lakers defense and bigs show up....but then again he's still being guarded by fish so maybe he'll still go off

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    why didn't he do this during the season? cp3 just a couple of games ago had 0 points O.o. i'll look for him to come back to today's cp3 in the next game assuming lakers defense and bigs show up....but then again he's still being guarded by fish so maybe he'll still go off
    its playoff time bro
    cp3 averages over 20 pts and 10 assists per game in the playoffs. lakers will win but pauls not gonna go out without a fight

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    its playoff time bro
    cp3 averages over 20 pts and 10 assists per game in the playoffs. lakers will win but pauls not gonna go out without a fight
    He's gonna go out flopping!!!