Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DeAndre Jordan

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

Default Re: DeAndre Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    No Ibaka on the list?
    Ehhh, I counted him as a 4. But you get my point

I can see the Miami Heat signing him in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I can see the Miami Heat signing him in the off season.
    The Heat cannot offer anything realistic that the Clippers won't immediately match.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    The Heat cannot offer anything realistic that the Clippers won't immediately match.
    Yea... Realistic offers only please. That would be like a Lakers fan or Magic fan saying they think they will sign DJ when they are way over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If you had a choice as a fan of another team which Center would you prefer? Kaman or DJ?
    I would hope the Clippers keep both, the are perfect compliments to one another. DJ focuses on Defense, and Kaman does nothing but shoot once the ball gets in his hands. But they are going to have to pay around 20 million a year for the center spot because someone is gonna throw some loot at DJ, I think Detroit is going to make a pitch to get him. Him and Monroe is a front court many teams will drool over

Kaman gives them so much freedom offensively. He can score at will it seems, but he is a black hole, guess Z-Bo rubbed off on him that one year.

If I gotta pick one, Im hesistantly taking Kaman. Finding a big man with scoring ability from anywhere 17 feet and in is hard to find. I think its easier to find a big guy with crazy athleticism than a big guy who can score in the post very well. And he looks like a serial killer, that might add to his intimidation factor

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Best case scenario for the Clips: Re-sign Jordan and trade Kaman. A lot of teams will want DJ but the Clips have to bring him back, he works too well with Griffin not. He makes up for Griffin's weaknesses defensively and is able to capitalize of some off the passes Blake's makes by finishing strong. Kaman is a good talent but is just not a good compliment for Blake, and frankly he has more value as a trade asset than as a player for the Clips.

It boils down to this - there has to be a team willing to give up a good young small forward for a solid center with an expiring contract. If the draft goes as expected and the Wolves draft Derrick Williams, Beasley could be expendable. If so how about this deal to bring him to LA - Kaman and Aminu for Beasley, Darko, and Martell Webster.

If I was in charge I'd make that trade and then finish off the off-season by bringing in a veteran small forward. Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Matt Barnes, and Andrei Kirilenko will all be available as free agents after the new CBA is signed. Getting one of those players in LA with those 2 moves could make the Clips a playoff team.

Jordan | Darko
    Griffin | Gomes
    Beasley | vet (Barnes, AK, Battier or Prince) | Webster
    Gordan | Foye
    Williams | Bledsoe | Warren
    nice scenario but i don't think that the wolves wil give up beasley for kaman

Best case scenario for the Clips: Re-sign Jordan and trade Kaman. A lot of teams will want DJ but the Clips have to bring him back, he works too well with Griffin for them to let him go. Deandre makes up for Griffin's weaknesses defensively and is able to capitalize off Blake's passes by finishing strong. Kaman is a good talent but is just not a good compliment for Blake, and frankly he has more value as a trade asset than as a player for the Clips.

It boils down to this - there has to be a team willing to give up a good young small forward for a solid center with an expiring contract. If the draft goes as expected and the Wolves draft Derrick Williams, Beasley could be expendable. If so how about this deal to bring him to LA - Kaman and Aminu for Beasley, Darko, and Martell Webster.

If I was in charge I'd make that trade and then finish off the off-season by bringing in a veteran small forward. Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Matt Barnes, and Andrei Kirilenko will all be available as free agents after the new CBA is signed. Getting one of those players in LA with the other 2 moves I mentioned could make the Clips a playoff team.

Jordan | Darko
    Griffin | Gomes
    Beasley | vet (Barnes, AK, Battier or Prince) | Webster
    Gordan | Foye
    Williams | Bledsoe | Warren
    Stopped Reading after Beasley, and Webster get traded for trash

Are you serious?

Beasley >>>>>>>>> Kaman
    Webster >>>>>>>> The Chief

You will never see a trade go down like that.

David Kahn would never trade Beasley for Kaman like that. Even if they do pick up Derrick Williams in the draft.

LOL @ THE Wolves getting raped on this deal

ROFL @ tHE Clipperfans and there silly trades acting like the Lakers
    Last edited by 8BeastlyXOIAD; 04-15-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    I would hope the Clippers keep both, the are perfect compliments to one another. DJ focuses on Defense, and Kaman does nothing but shoot once the ball gets in his hands. But they are going to have to pay around 20 million a year for the center spot because someone is gonna throw some loot at DJ, I think Detroit is going to make a pitch to get him. Him and Monroe is a front court many teams will drool over

Kaman gives them so much freedom offensively. He can score at will it seems, but he is a black hole, guess Z-Bo rubbed off on him that one year.

If I gotta pick one, Im hesistantly taking Kaman. Finding a big man with scoring ability from anywhere 17 feet and in is hard to find. I think its easier to find a big guy with crazy athleticism than a big guy who can score in the post very well. And he looks like a serial killer, that might add to his intimidation factor
    I think its equally difficult to find a legitimate center with size who focuses on defense and is content with not many touches. Deandre does have crazy athleticism, but he has grown this year into more than a guy who just jumps out of the building. He is active on the boards and is a big deterrent from guys driving to the paint.

Not trying to hate on Kaman. He is a very skilled offensive player with a nice midrange, but he is very injury prone and we have seen his peak. I always prefer a center who plays defense first, offense second. Especially if he is paired up with Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    Stopped Reading after Beasley, and Webster get traded for trash

Are you serious?

Beasley >>>>>>>>> Kaman
    Webster >>>>>>>> The Chief

You will never see a trade go down like that.

David Kahn would never trade Beasley for Kaman like that. Even if they do pick up Derrick Williams in the draft.

LOL @ THE Wolves getting raped on this deal

ROFL @ tHE Clipperfans and there silly trades acting like the Lakers
    I'm not a Clipper fan but just looking at the history of the Wolves I thought this deal seemed like something that could happen. Kahn's been raped before, I could definitely see him being raped again. Every year he seems to totally re-build his team, and last year you were the worst team in the league - whats to stop him from blowing it up again?

As it stands now the Wolves best 3 talents (Love, Beasley, and Randolph) all are forwards and Wesley Johnson would probably be best served playing the 3 over the 2. If you guys draft Williams you have to do something. I think you could do a lot worse than getting Kaman and getting rid of Darko.

PS - Didn't know you where a Wolves fan, thought you just liked Beas. If so where would you rather see him, Minny or LA with Blake and EG?

I'm not a Clipper fan but just looking at the history of the Wolves I thought this deal seemed like something that could happen. Kahn's been raped before, I could definitely see him being raped again. Every year he seems to totally re-build his team, and last year you were the worst team in the league - whats to stop him from blowing it up again?

As it stands now the Wolves best 3 talents (Love, Beasley, and Randolph) all are forwards and Wesley Johnson would probably be best served playing the 3 over the 2. If you guys draft Williams you have to do something. I think you could do a lot worse than getting Kaman and getting rid of Darko.

PS - Didn't know you where a Wolves fan, thought you just liked Beas. If so where would you rather see him, Minny or LA with Blake and EG?
    Yeah I'll like to see Beasley suit up with buddies E.J, Blake and D.J but this deal is straight up ridiculous.

Kaman + The Chief for Beasley + Darko + Webster
    is laughable nobody would be that stupid to accept that offer.

Beasley fan 1st, Wolves fan 2nd

What pick was he? Man why don't the Knicks ever draft kids like this, would love him here in NY

Yea I dont think the Wolves deal Beasley, Webster and Darko for virtually a salary dump. Beasley has shown he got game, not as much as the poster above wants to believe, but they are not dealing him for an expiring contract

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Yea I dont think the Wolves deal Beasley, Webster and Darko for virtually a salary dump. Beasley has shown he got game, not as much as the poster above wants to believe, but they are not dealing him for an expiring contract
    Michael Beasley stats before his injury Jan-Feb-Mar
    22ppg 6rpg 2apg 48fg% TS%55 1bpg 1spg

Last 5 Games
    23ppg 7rpg 3apg 46fg% TS%56

Pretty much and / to this Kaman for Beasley trade

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    Michael Beasley stats before his injury Jan-Feb-Mar
    22ppg 6rpg 2apg 48fg% TS%55 1bpg 1spg

Last 5 Games
    23ppg 7rpg 3apg 46fg% TS%56

Pretty much and / to this Kaman for Beasley trade
    Even when he was healthy, the team was losing to the worst teams in the game. I try not to overrate players who have success on crap teams until I see them perform at a high level and it translates to wins.

Like I said he has game, but I am not going to overrate like you until they translate to wins. There are a ton of players over the course of NBA history who have performed well on crap teams but are not the same if they are put on a legit team

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I think its equally difficult to find a legitimate center with size who focuses on defense and is content with not many touches. Deandre does have crazy athleticism, but he has grown this year into more than a guy who just jumps out of the building. He is active on the boards and is a big deterrent from guys driving to the paint.

Not trying to hate on Kaman. He is a very skilled offensive player with a nice midrange, but he is very injury prone and we have seen his peak. I always prefer a center who plays defense first, offense second. Especially if he is paired up with Griffin
    I see your point, centers are basically a crapshoot, especially guys who have lottery talent but flawed. I think Im a Kaman fan. Him being on the court makes it easy for them offensively. But like you said he has been hit by injuries for the past 3-4 years.

DJ and Griff are going to be together, if Griffin has anything to say about it. DJ got his boy's back.