Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

Default Re: TMZ: Kobe slammed for gay slur

Quote Originally Posted by derb2k2
    f*ck you, you ****. What if someone close to you was homosexual? What would you do then? Stop the discirmination and try being more human.
    people get offended by nothing he didn't mean it in that way to be offensive to gays, people are so sensitive i've heard much worst. besides the word f-a-g-ot's meaning has changed several times throughout history
    Last edited by lpublic_enemyl; 04-13-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Anyone have video? I didn't watch the game last night.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

that was just kobe being butt hurt.

voice of reason

Yes I agree with what the human rights campaign has to say but I don't think Kobe did it in an intentional or even bigotry type of manner. I hate words like N*g, f*g, que*r and what have you but i oftentimes catch myself saying these words as almost substituted for other cuss words. Like instead of saying sh&t or that's f*cked when sometimes goes wrong I oftentimes say something like "yea that's gay" or "Hitler is a f*g" when condemning people I don't like, who are oftentimes not homosexual in the least but are bigots themselves.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Kobe better do something quick the last people you want to **** with in this oversensitive era is the Gays and Asians.
    I thought the Kobe media spin package was over i guess some those reporters got tired of waiting for Lebron to slip again.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

non-story.

it will gets legs in LA though unfortunately, as we have a large and outspoken gay community that takes everything personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    This type of shit is so annoying. They KNOW he was not using it in the manner they are trying to portray it as. It's playing semantics and it's stupid.
    Though I think this is being made into a bigger deal than it truly is, what you're saying is similar to this:

Some basketball player yells, "F***in' n1ggers!" to white referees, but he doesn't mean it as a racial slur.

Would that be all right?

No, right?
    Same thing with this. Homosexuals clearly dislike that term, and as a celebrity, KB24 needs to watch which terms he uses.

Laughing at certain people on this board mad at this when we toss those slurs here everyday.

thats almost a trap... Guys say some really demonstrative stuff out there from cussing to name calling..

I hate the way they do do this in the NFL too

something happens and they pan to the coach or a player SPECIFICALLY to catch any emotional outburst and then they get on the high and mighty BS while they neglect the context of what is going on..

Im not saying it was good or he should have said it (And I dont even like Kobe.. I think he is generally a punk)

I just think its really disingenuous to to have cameras looking for players to react emotionally then raking them over the coals for in a totally different context then what was meant

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    thats almost a trap... Guys say some really demonstrative stuff out there from cussing to name calling..

I hate the way they do do this in the NFL too

something happens and they pan to the coach or a player SPECIFICALLY to catch any emotional outburst and then they get on the high and mighty BS while they neglect the context of what is going on..

Im not saying it was good or he should have said it (And I dont even like Kobe.. I think he is generally a punk)

I just think its really disingenuous to to have cameras looking for players to react emotionally then raking them over the coals for in a totally different context then what was meant

Why don't you like Kobe and think he is generally a punk?

All homophobes in this thread are getting gay kids fo sho...

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Why don't you like Kobe and think he is generally a punk?

long history going back to his antics back in the day... He has matured alot since he became the top dog in LA.. Still dont like him or think he is close to Mj, but I do give him his credit he has earned since got Gasol and started living up to the hype

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    You know, if the gay/lesbian community would just embrace the word f[COLOR="black"]a[/COLOR]g, it would become a lot less inflamatory.

By bringing attention like this to it all the time, they make it a lot worse. F[COLOR="Black"]ag[/COLOR]s.
    They have, but it is like black people using the N word. They have made it ok for them to say it themselves, but if somebody else uses it, all hell breaks lose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by derb2k2
    bunch of scumbags on this board.
    You're a bandwagoning faggot. Boston fans should hang your ass!

I usually hit open layups twintowers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    This type of shit is so annoying. They KNOW he was not using it in the manner they are trying to portray it as. It's playing semantics and it's stupid.
    I agree 100%....