Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Best shot blocking SG in the NBA, Hands down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Exactly, its probably Wade least important statistic relative to actually winning games in any given year.

Whats the next thread going to be?

Brad Lohaus is the greatest 3 pt making Center in the NBA, Hands down!!!!!!

Why are you mad?

A 6'4 player is being praised for being a great blocker.. and suddenly it's like your having your period..

lighten up..

Remember that Wade alters a lot of shots too. Its not only about just the blocks.

Again, Wade has held his isolation matchups to under 30% shooting in 3 seasons of his career.

To put that in perspective, no guard or SF has had 2 seasons hlding their matchups to under 30% in more than one season since Wade has been in the league.

Wade's defensive synergy numbers, and overall defensive synergy scores have been off the charts exceptional in a few seasons. It's a lot more than just his fantastic blocks and consistency there.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Its no doubt it looks cool and hypes a team up, but how many more games did the Heat win because Wade averaged 1 block a game instead 1 block every two games?
    Blocked Stuckey for a game saver, Blocked Vince for a game saver 2 different times (1 in the playoffs), Blocked Lopez for a game saver, blocked D Will for a game saver, ect.

I think his shotblocking has done more than enough to be valueable, FOH with that BS.

Banned

4-12

Why are you mad that I'm mad? Lighten up.

A 6'11 player is being praised for being a great 3 pt shooter.. and suddenly it's like your having your period..

lighten up..

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Why are you mad that I'm mad? Lighten up.

A 6'11 player is being praised for being a great 3 pt shooter.. and suddenly it's like your having your period..

lighten up..

LOL you definitely MAD.

it's okay..

it's just Dwyane Wade..

Saw a basketball once

Its no doubt it looks cool and hypes a team up, but how many more games did the Heat win because Wade averaged 1 block a game instead 1 block every two games?
    Let's say the final score was 98-100 Heat wins. We could say that the block helped them from going into overtime?...or helped them keep the lead...etc. Every play adds up. You don't know the outcome so you've just got to do your best. Blocks, dunks, and steals are momentum builders and they get into the head of the other team. It's risky but it's worth it. These are the things that explosive players do and they do it consistently.

This is like saying an 80% freethrow shooter isn't that different from a 70% freethrow shooter. 8/10 vs 7/10 average is a difference of only 1 freethrow miss per game so what's the big deal, right?

Not really because FT% is always going to lead to more wins.

Wade could adopt a more Bruce Bowen/Shane Battier style of defense and actually lead to more wins with a lesser amount of blocks per game.

Local High School Star

lol blocks usually go out of bounds so it doesn't even get you a possesion, useless stat.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    Best shot blocking SG in the NBA, Hands down!!!
    How do you block shots with your hands down?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Nah, Kobe is the greatest shot blocking SG and defender. Close thread.

[COLOR="White"]I kid, I kid.[/COLOR]

Dunking on everybody in the park

Wade could adopt a more Bruce Bowen/Shane Battier style of defense and actually lead to more wins with a lesser amount of blocks per game.
    He is already one of the best isolation defenders in the league, Wades deficiency is off ball D on ****** who run through screens to get jumpers, this is the least deep skill in the NBA, atmost he will see only 4-6 players in the league who is above average at it, 2 maybe 3 who is good, ****** act as if Wade gets scored on on ball, I rarely ever see him scored on in an isolation, and the numbers show that hes in the class of the best iso defenders through his career, so once again, FOH with that bullshit.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

And he's still going to be All-NBA Second Team...lol.

hEs a TrUe GoD yOOOooOOooOoO!!!!!11111

I don't understand the emotional responses. I never said Wade was a bad defender. I said its possible he would be even better if his blocks per game average was around 0.3 like 8 time NBA all defensive team selection Bruce Bowen.

Saw a basketball once

You're having a potential 2 or 3 point basket denied and humiliating your defensive assignment or someone else's assignment. That's not much of an impact?

Explain your reasoning on how FT% is going to lead your team to more wins when it's only a difference of 1-3 freethrows made. I don't disagree with your statement btw.

Bruce Bowen's style is great too but he doesn't have that much of a responsibility on the offensive side resulting in more energy to play the defensive side more aggresively.