Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
    Book 'em Dan'l

Default Re: THE ELITE EIGHT: 3/26 & 3/27 Game Thread

give credit to VCU. they broke down 2 very good defenses (FSU and Kansas), and set their own tempo against them.

i do have to say if florida st was able to get past VCU, i would have picked florida st. kansas was due for 1 bad game and it was today.

now is north carolina-kentucky. i feel the same for north carolina. they are due for 1 bad game, and it's today. kentucky wins.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    This tournament is about the coaches not the players. Age limit doesnt prevent this from happening.
    Would a school like Butler ever make the Final Four two years in a row 15 years ago?

No way. And the big reason is because they have a similar level of talent to the teams they have played.

Between the four #1 seeds in the this tournament there are only two guys I would consider lotto-pick talent (Irving/Sullinger). Would the elite teams in the past have that little amount of top-tier talent?

The big reason why the coaches are making such a difference is because the teams' talent levels are fairly even.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Vcu!!!!

Shaka Smart makes 325,000 right now with one year left on his contract. VCU better be prepared to pony up and give him a huge contract before he goes the way of Jeff Capel and Anthony Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    Would a school like Butler ever make the Final Four two years in a row 15 years ago?

No way. And the big reason is because they have a similar level of talent to the teams they have played.

Between the four #1 seeds in the this tournament there are only two guys I would consider lotto-pick talent (Irving/Sullinger). Would the elite teams in the past have that little amount of top-tier talent?

The big reason why the coaches are making such a difference is because the teams' talent levels are fairly even.
    I dont see how VCU talent is fairly even with Kansas. Definately wouldnt see how Butler/VCU talent is fairly even with the winner of UNC/Kentucky either.

Age rule would just keep kids in school longer to develop their talent more. But the talent will always side with the bigger schools. Kentucky lost how many players to the NBA? Then followed it up with another stellar class of blue chippers. Talent isnt close to even in my book.

Zeller... is he the next Pau Gasol?

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    I almost puked...

Seriously, they are not even comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Where is the white text for "just kidding" ?

Book 'em Dan'l

brandon knight.

Think of this Kansas team, who was a legitimate top 3 team all year long. There was no questioning they were arguably the best or second best team in the nation all season long.

Now, think back to their national championship team in '07-'08. How much more talented and better was that team than this Kansas team? I could be wrong, but that '08 team was on a completely different level than this Kansas team.

My point is, even though Kansas was a legit top 3 team all season long, they still aren't overly talented. There weren't any great teams in college basketball last year and there aren't any this year. Heck, outside of UNC in 2009, there probably weren't any that year, either.

There has been a HUGE talent drop-off in the last three years alone. Meaning, a team like Kansas and VCU are much closer in talent than they were 3+ years ago.

Book 'em Dan'l

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Shaka Smart makes 325,000 right now with one year left on his contract. VCU better be prepared to pony up and give him a huge contract before he goes the way of Jeff Capel and Anthony Grant.
    imo, capel got dealt a bad deal his final year with oklahoma. i'm sure he'll find another place to coach. grant is doing a solid job with alabama, and bring them to the nit final 4 in his 2nd year with alabama. impressive.

Kentucky rolling.

Kentucky just has more shot-makers/playmakers than UNC.

Book 'em Dan'l

something to note.

kemba walker has played a total of 154 of 160 minutes in the tournament so far, and has only 3 fouls.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Calapari's Kentucky is proof that a fish rots from the head down.