Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: why no hype over potential lottery pick Chandler Parsons?

I was pissed we let go of Chase, but seems like CP will be the better player.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I was pissed we let go of Chase, but seems like CP will be the better player.
    Serious?

Chase was awful most of last season and other than shooting he couldn't do much and his defense was really bad.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    You sure do love cheap contracts
    Haha, I love them. I guess Parsons contract makes up Lin's some at least..

I'm proud of him too. I remember my first thoughts of him were "god damn his short is flatter than Houston itself" and "nice hustle and defense". The way he's retooled his shot so it actually has an arc (noticeable on the free throw line too! 55% at the line last year to 74% so far ); his passing has noticeably improved.
    Really impressive, his game is so all-round and he doesn't really have any big flaws left. He couldn't shot FT's last season as you mentioned but he fixed that, at least this far. Sure, he isn't a great offensive player but he is fine one a la good scoring and he's a good passer too. And his hustle is really nice and he's grabbing 7 rebounds per game which is really nice as well.

And not to mention his defense might be even better! As Melo was sinking everything, Parsons matched him shot for shot. However, once Parsons started guarding him, Melo started to struggle and complain, which eventually extinguished any hope they had of coming back.
    Definitely, I especially noticed the play when Lin got the steal from the floor, prior to that Carmelo couldn't go past Chandler with the same move he abused Patterson and Morris with. Sure, that doesn't say alot and Parsons or no one else is going to be able to stop guys like Melo but Chandler is definitely a good defensive player.

I'm planning to go to at least one game this season, I go to college at Texas A&M as an exchange student and to be honest, one of the reasons why I picked A&M was because of the Rockets. Always been a dream to check them out live.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    took over the game tonight, stroke it as well as larry legend ever done it
    Won some MVPs and a few rings last night eh? Congrats.