Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Kevin Garnett Is A Nice Guy

I swear that Pierce and Garnett are the only two players who can pull this shit and have it come off as hilarious as it does. I still crack up when I see Pierce ignore that little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    He actually meant "you are a Bin Laden to your team and the league".

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    You people claiming that you would sign autographs all the time are f*cking retarded. Try writing your name 100 times each day while eating meals, after exercising, while trying to be with your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/kids. You absolutely would not do it all the time.

For the person that said, 'how would you feel if that was you?' I wouldn't f*cking ask someone for an autograph. It imposes on their life and I consider it rude, unless it's a legitimate autograph session. I'd say 'hi' or something and let them be. Celebrities and athletes just want to be left alone once in a while.
    Agreed to an extent. This was at the game tho. So I wouldnt lump this with personal/me time. Some NBA players too were once snubbed autographs from players they idolized. More specifically Shaq when he seeked Drob. Its cool to turn down signing an autograph but you dont have to be a d!ck about it. I think thats fair to ask. Atleast given the situation. Now if he is at dinner with his lady and gets harrassed? By all means give them the vintage KG lingo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    does not give them the right to treat children like shit. No one has that right in this country. Maybe different in some third world shit hole but here no one does.
    Telling a kid he has a better chance of catching Bin Laden is treating children like shit? Where the hell are you from man? Must be a nice neighborhood

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    Nice. I tend to think that about 4 seconds of my time, for millions upon millions of dollars, is a pretty fair trade off.
    Except that 4 seconds is multiplied hundreds upon hundreds of times for every signature he gives out and frankly signing shit repeatedly like that seems like it would get annoying as balls after a while.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I don't blame him. I'd expect a similar attitude from Lamar Odom in Boston.

but who in the hell wants autograph from Odumb.......

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by XxSMSxX
    Except that 4 seconds is multiplied hundreds upon hundreds of times for every signature he gives out and frankly signing shit repeatedly like that seems like it would get annoying as balls after a while.
    Oh God.

You are really defending this?

For a few million dollars a year, the adoration of fans, and a chance to play a sport I'm passionate for that'd be enough. Add on to the fact that people like that kid, his family, and the rest of the fans are the reason that KGs ***** ass is even getting paid to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I swear that Pierce and Garnett are the only two players who can pull this shit and have it come off as hilarious as it does. I still crack up when I see Pierce ignore that little kid.
    I passionately hate both of these guys, but I still have to to their fantastic dickishness. Damn entertaining stuff.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Garnett is a great player but it is typical of him to pick and 6 footers. Wow i wish it was the 80s and early 90s when those acts ended in real fights.

Banned

That's hilarious!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    Oh God.

You are really defending this?

For a few million dollars a year, the adoration of fans, and a chance to play a sport I'm passionate for that'd be enough. Add on to the fact that people like that kid, his family, and the rest of the fans are the reason that KGs ***** ass is even getting paid to begin with...
    What your not getting is that's his choice for whatever reason he has. And that's his RIGHT to that choice. It's fine if you think you would sign autographs all the time, but realize that not everyone has to act like you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    ask and you shall receive

Holysh-t!!!! That's just as hilarious.

Need more athletes to keep it real. I wouldn't give a shit about the kids either.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Garnett is a great player but it is typical of him to pick and 6 footers. Wow i wish it was the 80s and early 90s when those acts ended in real fights.
    I'll bet in the 80s and early 90s, fans wouldn't bring up something completely different from the topic at hand just to take a shot at the guy.