Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who shall be the coverboy for NBA 2K12?

Would be fun to have Russell/Chamberlain on the cover and have like a sixties NBA mode.

I must say that 2k set themselves up with this installment. They went away from the "traditional yearly sportsgames strategy" and put the game so full of features that they probably just don't have the resources to create anything special again.

If EA is coming back you know they are going to have to step up and drop a smoker next season. So it might even be a good idea to switch for a year.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

It'll either be the best player on the championship team, or an up and coming star that has drawing power, like it's always been.

They blew their load with the Jordan thing. A "Magic challenge" wouldn't matter to a lot of people. Neither would a Bird, Russel, or Kareem one. A Shaq one might be, since he's a more recent player, and has put up some nasty games that would be hard to match in-game. But post players tend to be far less beloved by casual fans than guards, so I'd expect to hear some, "how the **** do I score with Shaq? this game sucks" threads popping up all over video game forums.

They're prolly just gonna go back to their regular assembly-line type game. That, or they will finally give us "all time teams" that we've been wanting forever. Where we can use the best players that have been on each team throughout their history. Bulls with Pippen, Jordan, Rose, Deng, Gilmore, etc. Celtics with Russel, Bird, McHale, etc, and also have Pierce and Allen on it. Lakers with Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Lakers-version Wilt, Worthy, Kobe, etc. Spurs with DRob, Gervin, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and others. Hornets with Chris Paul, Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, etc.

That would make for a fun game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    It'll either be the best player on the championship team, or an up and coming star that has drawing power, like it's always been.

They blew their load with the Jordan thing. A "Magic challenge" wouldn't matter to a lot of people. Neither would a Bird, Russel, or Kareem one. A Shaq one might be, since he's a more recent player, and has put up some nasty games that would be hard to match in-game. But post players tend to be far less beloved by casual fans than guards, so I'd expect to hear some, "how the **** do I score with Shaq? this game sucks" threads popping up all over video game forums.

They're prolly just gonna go back to their regular assembly-line type game. That, or they will finally give us "all time teams" that we've been wanting forever. Where we can use the best players that have been on each team throughout their history. Bulls with Pippen, Jordan, Rose, Deng, Gilmore, etc. Celtics with Russel, Bird, McHale, etc, and also have Pierce and Allen on it. Lakers with Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Lakers-version Wilt, Worthy, Kobe, etc. Spurs with DRob, Gervin, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and others. Hornets with Chris Paul, Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, etc.

i think they have to do more legend stuff because people won't buy a downgrade to 2k11. shaq doesn't even have to be on the cover if they want to make a "shaq challenge". something like 10 classic playoff series would be even better. its more about the accurate replications of older players/teams/arenas etc. that people want than specific games/players. the bulls/lakers challenge was my favorite of the jordan challenges.

I would like to see Oscar Robertson / Wilt Chamberlain get the same treatment as Jordan did in this game. Have like this cover:

And also add achievements / games you have to relive from the 60's era with Oscar or Wilt, like getting 50 point triple doubles in just a few limited minutes, should be hard and very fun. :)

The Logo- Jerry West

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

NBA2k11 sold 4 Million copies in 3 months, and that's because of Jordan. Yeah you can say lack of competition was to blame, but lets be real. If Live fans were loyal they'd just stick with 10 until 11's released. SOMEBODY out there was buying up this game that's for sure.

If 2k is smart, they'd lock Jordan down John Madden style, making sure he's in every new edition for years, even leading into the new systems, where graphics, player likenesses, etc. can be even MORE accurate.

Like the old saying goes "there's no where else to go but down when you're on top". Jordan's the "Top" as far as the modern era goes. Keep Jordan, and his classic teams by any means necessary!!

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    I would like to see Oscar Robertson / Wilt Chamberlain get the same treatment as Jordan did in this game. Have like this cover:

And also add achievements / games you have to relive from the 60's era with Oscar or Wilt, like getting 50 point triple doubles in just a few limited minutes, should be hard and very fun. :)
    After Kobe retires they will have him on the cover again and have a Kobe challenge this time.

Saw a basketball once Phoenix19's Avatar

demar derozans!

raptors for life

This Guy:

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal

this ive experimented with this a bit in the street mode and used some old school celtics v. old school lakers